Plasma deals

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, and new to the world of plasma tv.

I bought a JVC PD-Z42DV4 for $3600 last week, a saving of $1900 I feel like a got an excellent deal on a great tv, from what I have been able to read this panel was good value at the original price.

Was just wondering if it really is as good a deal as I think?

And was also wondering what other excellent deals people out there have found?

Cheers

Callum

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea having a thread devoted only to the latest Plasma prices. Here's a couple:

Teac 106cm Plasma PLMSDM1060 - $2,999 at David Jones (hinted he would give up to 10% off, so gettable for ~$2,700)

JVC 106cm Plasma GM-V42SJ - $2,998 at Dick Smith

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefro...duct/View/G4246

(or go to www.dse.com.au and search for G4246 if link doesn't work for you)

Great idea having a thread devoted only to the latest Plasma prices.  Here's a couple:

Teac 106cm Plasma PLMSDM1060 - $2,999 at David Jones (hinted he would give up to 10% off, so gettable for ~$2,700)

Wonder if that JVC is an old model, I dont think its on their website anymore...

Guest ferni

The JVC from DSE website doesn't look like it comes with a stand or wall mounts, did you get a stand or wall mounts with your JVC cal-syd?

The JVC from DSE website doesn't look like it comes with a stand or wall mounts, did you get a stand or wall mounts with your JVC cal-syd?

yeh it came with a stand which is normal I think - the sales guy didnt say he had thrown it in for free or anything. The JVC I got also comes with a built in tuner and speakers. heres a link to it... JVC the stand in the pic is what it comes with, the screen is very stable and the stand isn't obtrusive to me.

When I was looking the only thing that put me off this panel was the silver part below the screen where the speakers / tuner and more inputs is... but now its home and not next to the other panels it looks good.

Guest moomoonel

"Manager special" sale @ Harvey Norman, Bondi Westfield. 42" Panasonic Viera for only $4999, JVC 42" current model for only $3xxx can't remember the exact figure.

And all plasmas and LCDs are 10% off marked price @ Myers.

cheers,

Great idea having a thread devoted only to the latest Plasma prices.  Here's a couple:

Wonder if that JVC is an old model, I dont think its on their website anymore...

The GM-V42J was a display only. No tuner, speakers or stand.

42" Samsung High Definition Plasma PS42P4H inc JBL speakers and stand from Harvey Norman for $4490 plus a free Panasonic High Definition set top box (Model TUHDT104A, Retail $600)

All Samsung Plasma's have a standard 2yr warranty

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the LG 106cm SD panel in JB last weekend, on special for $2998. I kinda half-saw an ad from Megamart on TV last night also that suggested they were selling the same LG for $2,999, i think the offer ends today or this weekend?

The LG is too big for my entertainment unit, I need something that measures less than 1,100w x 750h (inc stand). The LG has fixed side speakers, so is too wide at 1,230 odd.

I have my own home entertainment audio setup, so don't need the speakers. It seems most 106cm panels are roughly 1040 x 660 (no stand), so should be ok. Just waiting for the next "mega special" on anything but the LG and Teac, then i'll jump in. Probably the Samsung i think, or maybe even the HD optima i've mentioned in other forums, if it's any good.

Guest dvb_3015

Got the LG 42" RT-42PX11 at Hi-Fi Supermarket in Maribyrnong last weekend for $2,900 with free delivery and the LG MP3 player by redemption. Good Guys wanted $2,945 for the display model off the floor plus delivery but included a 5 year warranty.

Happy with the picture now after a week fiddling with the controls.

• 1 month later...

I finally jumped into the Plasma market on the weekend....spotted on the Dick Smith website that they'd dropped the Samsung SD 42" model (PS42D4SXB or PS42D4SKX depending on where you look) to a mere $2,998, including a Samsung SD set top box and side speakers.

I even got them them to include a 5 year warranty in that price (offered me another $150 off with just the factory 1 year warranty).

Now that's a deal. Looks great in my living room too....

Someone has to say it,  sorry guys but you are buying end of the line technology,  thats why prices are tumbling

..which 6+ months ago were considered top line technology.

So what? They still do the same as they did 6 months ago. Some people simply don't need all the bells and whistles that are offered today.

If you *have* to have the latest technology then all the best to you. If thats what you need to think to warrant your purchase or to enable you to sleep best at night then great.

But please don't insinuate that those posting in this thread don't realise that they aren't buying the latest releases - its the exact reason most of them *are* posting in this thread!