PS Audio Stellar series -where are the tests??!!!

Guest scumbag

Guest scumbag

I'm trying to find ANY reviews, apart from those from PS Audio Beta Testers, on the internet regarding the new PS Audio Stellar range (S300 and S700 mono blocks), What is going on here? I can't see anything on the internet that constitutes more than a regurgitation of the company marketing spiel and it's been out in the states since January. I'd really like to hear a larger and potentially less biased sample of opinions on these units as opposed to the beta testers telling us this is the best amplifier ever that compares to $20,000 gear. 

I guess I should also ask if anyone's actually heard one yet.

Guest scumbag
9 minutes ago, warweary said:

Perhaps psaudio spent all their marketing budget on the BHK range.  Stellar has been the softest of super soft launches.

The old putting your eggs into one basket routine? Really, you'd think that the press would have some level of interest in the product. :unsure:

Guest scumbag
7 minutes ago, todagt said:

I'm waiting also, I have my name down at the local dealer for when they arrive.

So no shops in Perth have them yet? I am flying over there tomorrow for work and I was going to ask a Douglas HIFI but from what your'e saying, that would be a waste of time.

21 minutes ago, scumbag said:

So no shops in Perth have them yet? I am flying over there tomorrow for work and I was going to ask a Douglas HIFI but from what your'e saying, that would be a waste of time.

It was around a week since I called them and they did not have any in at the time.

They could be there now and they just haven't yet called me.

They also did say they have a few people on the call list so it has definitely got some interest. 

Guest scumbag

I'll contact Douglas HIFI tomorrow to see if they have one set up. If it lives up the hype it might be quite a nice piece of gear.

3 minutes ago, scumbag said:

I'll contact Douglas HIFI tomorrow to see if they have one set up. If it lives up the hype it might be quite a nice piece of gear.

I'm just hoping it does nothing offensive, I don't expect it to sound like a huge $$$ piece

Guest scumbag
13 minutes ago, todagt said:

I'm just hoping it does nothing offensive, I don't expect it to sound like a huge $$$ piece

I can't see PS Audio producing anything offensive. Not after the success of the BHK stuff. I'm just keen to see (hear) how it stacks up against the Devialet which is my reference point.

It's an unusual chassis for a mono block amplifier. Normally mono amps are a statement piece aesthetic that stand alone in proximity to the speaker. It looks like M700 is intended for an equipment rack out of sight. I'm not planning on buying one.

The statement piece is the BHK Signature 300.

Looks like a bigger black box.

To be honest. So is my Electrocompaniet Nemo. And the Plinius SA-Ref.

The prettiest statement ones I've seen is the Dan Agastino but I suspect you are paying a big premium for the fancy copper. Frankly I'm happy to pay for sound quality.

I'd say they are a minimalist, slim line aesthetic to appeal to the modern lifestyle layout. Lessor footprint, subtle on the eye. Can be stacked etc.  not everyone wants hulking boxes in nice open plan appartments. 

On 14/05/2017 at 4:04 PM, scumbag said:

I'm trying to find ANY reviews, apart from those from PS Audio Beta Testers, on the internet regarding the new PS Audio Stellar range (S300 and S700 mono blocks), What is going on here? I can't see anything on the internet that constitutes more than a regurgitation of the company marketing spiel and it's been out in the states since January. I'd really like to hear a larger and potentially less biased sample of opinions on these units as opposed to the beta testers telling us this is the best amplifier ever that compares to $20,000 gear. 

I guess I should also ask if anyone's actually heard one yet.

The product was only released in the market this week worldwide. Beta units shipped last month. There are a number of reviews from major mags in the wings. I'll be surprised if they're not glowing. The first few boxes we received sounded amazing.

On 14/05/2017 at 4:22 PM, scumbag said:

Douglas should have received theirs today.

Edited by Magenta

Guest scumbag

I'm dropping into Douglas hifi tomorrow morning. They only have the s700 but that should give me some feel for the sound of the stellar amplifiers. 

14 hours ago, scumbag said:

That's the dac again ;)

I'm sorry to say but in the second page there's actual photo of the Stellar S300 amp.
Clearly it's written DAC review in English but there's also amp review inside in chinese.
for you convenient, here 's the direct  website ,  http://my-hiend.com/wp/ps-audio-stellar-gain-cell-dac-??dac????????/2/

Cheers