My System Today

my small setup.

TV: LG 42" plasma  (free gift, planing to get passive 3D tv)

AV receiver : Onkyo TX-SR608

speakers : JAMOS 606 HCS 3 + 250w subwoofer

Boxes: ac ryan playon HD

DVD:  samsung cheapo karaoke DVD player

Console: PS3 fat , Wii, Singtel Mio crap

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a few shot of my HT room....using a very old 720p projector that is going to die soon based on the dim light...

With grill on

With grill off

My rigs

My seats

Some shots

Hopefully can save enough for a 3D projector next year....

• 1 month later...

Bro

I hope you don't mind a few comments:

Does your new setup sound better? Can you get a good panning effect eg when a plane flies from left to right, do you believe it and hear?

You have switched brands from your floorstanders to a new brand - it may give you a different sound ....

BUT:

Your centre is now far from the front pair. In particular, the distance between the tweeter of the centre speaker and that of the fronts is far apart.

Then you added a pair of speakers in between, front high speaker? Why?

Was there a gap in the sound? why are they in a row?

Such close placement will only add distortion and sound wave interference. I am not sure if it sounds better.

The speakers also face forward, instead of pointing towards your "sweet spot".

I hope those malt colored speakers are not deployed in HT, as they are in the wrong position...

All in all, I am not sure if it is an improvement?

Just a few points, I had to write, since the placement isn't what I call ideal.... apologies since the comments are unsolicited and no more will be said.

For more info, check out the speaker placement thread...

Cheers.

Nice TV rack, may I know where to find?

I searched lots of places and looked at many options but couldn't find anything that can accomodate my floor area and equipment.  Finally, had to get my carpenter to come in.  If u want to I can pm you e details  ;)

Before  :-X:

After  ;D:

[naglfar... copied ur idea for e pic  ;)]

Sigh... my TV looks so small  :'(

Great job bro, cool! Time to consider projector liao, must match with ur tok kong setup lei, I still can't get rid of the impressive bass of ur setup out of my mind...;D

I searched lots of places and looked at many options but couldn't find anything that can accomodate my floor area and equipment.  Finally, had to get my carpenter to come in.  If u want to I can pm you e details  ;)

Like the rack bro! And the blue emo lights are placed very nicely...

erm maybe its time to get a 50inch tv? :)

Guest durianlover88

Hi Bro WEB - can sympathise with u, my DVD HT system refuse to be down after coming to 8 years, and my LCD TV refuse to be down after more than 6000 hrs of use over 3.5 years of use (last time it says the panel will last 60000 hrs)...Ahem, very difficult to upgrade when they are so garang and sturdy!  ;D

Ya ya... But my LCD hd ready TV refused to kong out haha ;D

wah bro, u buy lotsa bluray discs right...it is a waste not to enjoy the full glory of full HD 1080p on a plasma or led tv or projector...the first piece of advise desray gave me when i first posted in XP was to junk my Hd ready screen and get a full hd one...otherwise its not deserving of bluray quality...keke

[naglfar... copied ur idea for e pic  ;)]

Sigh... my TV looks so small  :'(

Very nice setup bro. My picture got my feet...yours got someone's head :D

That's a very nice rack....maybe expensive, but nice! Better pray you don't have any more equipment to add, otherwise no more space. The bros here are right, you need a bigger size TV...

Very nice setup bro. My picture got my feet...yours got someone's head :D

That's a very nice rack....maybe expensive, but nice! Better pray you don't have any more equipment to add, otherwise no more space. The bros here are right, you need a bigger size TV...

i believe that is eastendgirl's head ya? :)