My System Today

Sucks. However, I am probably going to buy their 10 inch SW150, but the price ($799) is steep because they were top rated in What HiFi recently. Had a comparison done at SLS between the SW150 and their other Wharfedale subwoofers. No comparision, it is much quicker and accurate with good extension compared to their older and much larger 12 inch.

hehe yeah...was wondering y u chose Wharfadale's....think the polk audio 202 is better than this...thanks for your review. Me now switching my attention to Paradigm PDR series. ;D anyway nice setup you got there.....1 qns...why not a fixed screen?

hehe yeah...was wondering y u chose Wharfadale's....think the polk audio 202 is better than this...thanks for your review. Me now switching my attention to Paradigm PDR series. ;D anyway nice setup you got there.....1 qns...why not a fixed screen?

Dunno. One day in 2002 I bought the Draper and after discovering the neat 1:2.35 switch trick, I never changed. The room is used for nothing else, not even listening to audio or watching TV, so there was no need to mount anything permanently for aesthetic reasons. Was interested in a used Stewart fixed screen but someone bought it before I got there. Lately, after seeing some Stewart setups, I've decided that the contrast on my HT-1100 is high enough that I don't really need anything but a plain white screen

Dunno. One day in 2002 I bought the Draper and after discovering the neat 1:2.35 switch trick, I never changed. The room is used for nothing else, not even listening to audio or watching TV, so there was no need to mount anything permanently for aesthetic reasons. Was interested in a used Stewart fixed screen but someone bought it before I got there. Lately, after seeing some Stewart setups, I've decided that the contrast on my HT-1100 is high enough that I don't really need anything but a plain white screen

why not DIY a fixed screen? can use your portable screen material...hehe..get some wood material...and staple them....haha..there's your nice fixed screen.

Hi folks,

Here's my first attempt to show pic on post... hope am doing the right thing... :-X

Here goes nothing... ;D

1. Front view - front choice seat....

2. My diy equipment rack... also the cause of my 1400 heating issue... :(

3. My rear surrounds... not sure if it is the right way to place it though... any comments from folks facing space issue? :)

4. The side surrounds....

5. Finally... the "mood" setting for enjoying HT or music.. ;D

Any ideas for improvement and/or addition... ;) Anyway, am seriously thinking about BFD coz noticed that the bass response can be quite "awful" at times.... :( Am saving up now... ;D

Cheers!

Poozebear

Wow...poozebear, nice home and decor.

But the rear surround speakers...you placed until so "anyhow"...definitely not gonna yield maximum result leh... :P

Should try to move your seat to the front abit...then set your rear surround speakers slight 2 to 3 feet high behind your rear listening area...

For your Mission surround speakers...I think placed way too back and worst still in line with the rear surround which is a No-No!...the soundstage will gone awry and you not be able to comprehend whether is surround effect that is in play or Surround rear is in effect... :( BTW your Mission Surround speakers I think placed abit too high liaoz...try lower it down to almost ear level.

Just some of my recommendation...I'm not an expert in Audio .... but these are some of the tips I gathered in the past and in which I have put into good use now in my current HT setup in my room...and enjoying immersely now... :)

Poozebear... the last pic looks really cool.

As for the surround placement.. I think its too high.. after fooling around with the Mission M7DS for years. The best position should be behind e sweet spot, 1 to 2 feet above the ear.

You might like to elevate your surround back speakers so that its higher & closer to your ears. Experiment for best effects.

Phil

Thanks guys.... my wife is into ID lar... ;) So we combine my needs and her ideas...

The heat issue.... sign... ??? Will probably be getting isolation cone to bring it up another 1.5" or so... still cannot... will put in cooling fan liao... well.... what can I say... "engineering patch-work" in action... :(

I totally agree with the surround setup.... actually these places are the "compromises" I have to make in order to make sure that the setup is still look "pleasing" to my wife (and me too lar...)

Anyway, we've actually tried different config for the side-surrounds... (fate of rear surrounds are FIXED liao... :-[ ) Anyway... we fixed the height (at ceiling level) and vary the position... probably due to bipolar nature... if I push forward the 77ds... it will sound too directional... coz it will be firing directly at the "choice position"... well.... as the wedding date draws closer... simply bochap liao... just quickly fix it up so that we can move in! ;D

Will be looking forward to getting one of those tuning DVDs and see how else to move... but then again... will be looking at the BFD first... ;D

Cheers!

PoozeBear

heheh, hence my statement about ' room constraints' earlier. part of give and take with significant other. perfection is fine when we're still bachelors or have the other half very much into HT too. ;)

anyway to put the 1400 on top of rack to vent the heat instead asthetically and practically speaking?

anyway to put the 1400 on top of rack to vent the heat instead asthetically and practically speaking?

Yeah.. thats a cheap & good solution.. I placed my hot poweramp & processor on the top shelve too.

Was wondering how can Jag's poweramp survive since they are virtually having no breathing space at all.. Yo jako.. care to explain??

Phil

Yeah.. thats a cheap & good solution.. I placed my hot poweramp & processor on the top shelve too.

Was wondering how can Jag's poweramp survive since they are virtually having no breathing space on time.. Yo jako.. care to explain??

Phil

Very observant there, phil. ;D

All my 3 200Watters have barely centimeters of breathing space. Have been running them like that for a few years now, and the Rotels are chugging along fine.

A testament to the built quality of Rotels. Built like a tank! :o

hehehe... have actually wanted to do that... but for 2 reasons....

1. scared rack not stable... coz have doubt about my worksmanship... ;D

2. The component cables too short.... itchy backside.. bought the cables (beldens) before deciding on the position... :-[

Thanks for the suggestion though.... ;)

PS. Me more worried about reason (1)... (2) can be easily overcome by eating less for a week or so mah... ;D

Cheers!

PoozeBear

heheh, hence my statement about ' room constraints' earlier. part of give and take with significant other. perfection is fine when we're still bachelors or have the other half very much into HT too. ;)

Well said bro... well said indeed... ;)

Very observant there, phil. ;D

All my 3 200Watters have barely centimeters of breathing space. Have been running them like that for a few years now, and the Rotels are chugging along fine.

A testament to the built quality of Rotels. Built like a tank! :o

Hey any prize for being observant?? I don't mind adopting 1 of your 3 tanks u know!! ;D

Phil

hehehe... have actually wanted to do that... but for 2 reasons....

1. scared rack not stable... coz have doubt about my worksmanship... ;D

2. The component cables too short.... itchy backside.. bought the cables (beldens) before deciding on the position... :-[

Thanks for the suggestion though.... ;)

PS. Me more worried about reason (1)... (2) can be easily overcome by eating less for a week or so mah... ;D

Cheers!

PoozeBear

Suggest u eat less for a month.. then can get new component cables & AV rack! Lost some weight too.. good for your IPPT! hehehe

Phil

uhh... Phil... how come you know that I'm fat har... ???

Heheh... was just snacking on potatoe chips when I read your post... ;D

Anyway... me perm downgrade liao... no more IPPT... will try the isolation cones to bring it up higher first.... still dun work... will get a fan... still cannot... bring the amp up... not ideal coz in that case, I'll have to bring my cdp and/or dvdp down... too close to the sub... may have too much vibration to them... :(