My System Today

Yo brother muscular27, my speaker is Mirage OM-14 (Omnipolar type)... ;D Not Def Tech loudspeakers lar.

My soundstage is good...at least to my ears I guess...due largely to the fact that it's Omnipolar type...with 30% direct radiating and 70% reflecting...coupled with my Mirage Surround (Omnipolar) too...you can really feel "enveloped" in the movie...

;D

Yep my 52" rear projection 100Hz tv. Hey Desray you a gamer? I can see a xbox on your setup. Must be damn good to play games with the full surround setup and the giant screen as well :o

is that a samsung widescreen RPTV? i came damn close to buying it before i settled on my ws pixel+ ...

OK. Here's where I go when I escape from the kids.

I know it looks a bit like a temporary setup although its been like that for almost three years. Draper Diplomat Screen driven off a HT-1100. Yamaha 630 AV Receiver, Wharfedale Diamond Cinema Speakers, Momitsu V880. Most importantly, soft L-shaped couch with my favourite rough fabric and lots of pillows with the same fabric. Mmmmm...

With the lights off

No, its not Stewart Electrimask, its Sneakermask. Great thing about portable screens is that you can adjust them from 1:1.78 to 1:2.35 in about 2 mins.

and... the image is like its floating in the air. The HT-1100's overscan and greybars disappear into the background

While my hand shook a little so its not perfectly sharp, you can see that the contrast is pretty good. However, do note if you are web browsing using a CRT computer monitor, its probably enhancing the blacks.

No, its not Stewart Electrimask, its Sneakermask. Great thing about portable screens is that you can adjust them from 1:1.78 to 1:2.35 in about 2 mins.

and... the image is like its floating in the air. The HT-1100's overscan and greybars disappear into the background

Sam.. thats a cool ideal with the screen! Never thought of that man.

Phil

Hi garc...I'm on nite shift...that's why I have access to xtremeplace at this time...And yes! now is "xtreme" as I should be sleeping now...after 22hrs of non-sleep mode...and I still can post to reply to your posting... ;D ;D ;D

Phil, although its a bit more effort than pulling it down from the ceiling, it also disappears completely into the closet when not around so there is nothing ugly on the wall. As long as you mark where the feet go, it can be set up in around 2min.

A few years ago, I invited some bros over to watch the World Cup final. Even though the food was good, they were highly disappointed to see just a 21 inch TV imagining that all 10 of us had to stand around a tiny screen, squinting to see the ball ;D. While they were polite, I could hear in my mind all of them cursing the destruction of their World Cup final experience. There were sighs of relief when I pulled the screen and projector out of the closet.

Hi Tammyc.... hows yr wharfedale sub performance? good?

Sucks. However, I am probably going to buy their 10 inch SW150, but the price ($799) is steep because they were top rated in What HiFi recently. Had a comparison done at SLS between the SW150 and their other Wharfedale subwoofers. No comparision, it is much quicker and accurate with good extension compared to their older and much larger 12 inch.

u need a learning universal remote... ;D

(counted 5 on the table)

No lah. One is aircon, one is an ATI remote wonder (HTPC has moved to the living room) so there is just projector, momitsu and receiver being used. I have a Pronto, but have been lazy do reprogram it.

tsammyc...get SVS Suwoofer. You won't regret one. ;)

I know as I heard yours, but a bit overkill given my budget speakers. Was looking at a used Sunfire recently though.... Also been travelling more so I need to buy a new lighter notebook, which will burn a bit of a hole, but will save my aching shoulder.

Phil, although its a bit more effort than pulling it down from the ceiling, it also disappears completely into the closet when not around so there is nothing ugly on the wall. As long as you mark where the feet go, it can be set up in around 2min.

A few years ago, I invited some bros over to watch the World Cup final. Even though the food was good, they were highly disappointed to see just a 21 inch TV imagining that all 10 of us had to stand around a tiny screen, squinting to see the ball ;D. While they were polite, I could hear in my mind all of them cursing the destruction of their World Cup final experience. There were sighs of relief when I pulled the screen and projector out of the closet.

Hahahhaa... thats a good one...

Yes.. nothing beats a big screen.

Phil