WTB:Yamaha power amplifiers, made in Japan models

Guest TheOnlyGirl_InSight

Item: Yamaha power amplifiers that were made in Japan. For example, the old Professional line of Yamaha amps would definitely fit the bill. I'm after power amps specifically, not integrateds.
Price Range: Depends what it is!
Item Condition: New or Used. Prefer working but will consider units that aren't working too. 
Extra Info:  Big fat heatsinks on the side is a huge bonus for me. Thank you!

Edited by TheOnlyGirl_InSight

50 minutes ago, vintagejapan said:

The pro series maybe is what you after? PC 2002M or the monster PC4002M 

PC2002M.jpg

I'll take 10!

Seriously though, I have a PC2002 (no meters) and it's a beautiful piece of gear. Had a problem with one channel (I should get around to fixing that...) but it only drives one channel anyway. It's too powerful for the mains, which are rather sensitive creatures! That thing will put out 500w into 4ohms, single channel driven to spec, through my Martin Logan centre before we're in trouble.

If you have anything just shoot me a message :).

I've owned a few Yamaha P2200 and P2201 amps and they are killers; accurate, clean, powerful and reliable.  I had one completely recapped using Rifa caps and it was superb with Lenehan ML1, ML2 and ML3 speakers, Gale 401, several large B&W floorstanders and KEF 104/2 reference - just nailed it effortlessly!  Its one of the few hifi items I regret letting go.  :(

• Like 1

I've owned a few Yamaha P2200 and P2201 amps and they are killers; accurate, clean, powerful and reliable. 

Yes I have a couple of these beasts, not particularly pretty but they are great amps, accurate, clean, powerful like you mention - don't think I will ever part with mine.. good luck on your hunt

Edited by murrmax

4 hours ago, Peter_F said:

I've owned a few Yamaha P2200 and P2201 amps and they are killers; accurate, clean, powerful and reliable.  I had one completely recapped using Rifa caps and it was superb with Lenehan ML1, ML2 and ML3 speakers, Gale 401, several large B&W floorstanders and KEF 104/2 reference - just nailed it effortlessly!  Its one of the few hifi items I regret letting go.  :(

It's never too late to get it back! There are plenty of P2200s around in good condition - wouldn't cost much altogether for the amp, the caps and the installation/servicing cost (if you're not inclined to go the DIY route).

Edited by TheOnlyGirl_InSight
was thinking of something else I saw for sale

All these nice things! I should clarify, outside of a select few professional models I'm only really looking for something to power a set of rear speakers. Budget is probably up to $350-400 to cover both. I don't mind less powerful amps, so long as I can bridge them and they're  common enough that I can easily obtain a second in forming a pair.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I've bought 4 amps since starting this thread (yes, 4), though not from other users on here. I have too many now, so I'm only after the classic Pro models if you have any.

Thanks everyone!

Hi,

I have a number of Yamaha pieces. In the professional amplifiers, I have a PC2002 which I probably don't want to sell, and a PC1602 which I would sell for $350. The chassis has some deep scratches from being removed from a rack presumably, but the facia is good and the amplifier is a fine hifi sounding workhorse. I can get the fan to kick in on a headbanging afternoon, but it's rare. Boy can you hear it when it does though!

I am in 2229 Lilli Pilli, Sydney. This would be pickup only, no shipping.

Regards,

Phil

DSC_0864.JPG

DSC_0865.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0174.JPG

DSC_0175.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

• 1 month later...