R.P. Acoustics speakers information

Early this year I purchased some speakers. They are badged with the name R.P Acoustics. 
Manufacturers model M50 MKII, 8 ohms, 75watt, 150 watt peak. Sensitivity about 90dB. They sound very good 

I have no details on the manufacturer and the country of manufacture IS not printed on the boxes nor on the speakers.

Does anybody know where they were made? My guess is China, Taiwan or perhaps Malaysia or Indonesia.

They were amazingly cheap. They are an audiphiles dream. A very nice, well designed speaker with a good bass extension. Definitely audiophile quality in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for the help!

RP Acoustics is a house brand name of Radio Parts Group (based in Melbourne) that is used for speakers amongst other things.

However, as far as I know, their RP Acoustics brand is always in an italic type and often included their logo.

On your speakers, the type is different, they've dropped the 's' at the end and no logo, so I doubt they'd be from Radio Parts.

If you can get a pic of the rear of one of the drivers and a pic of the crossover network, that should reveal a lot more about them.

post-105806-0-11885800-1465191527_thumb.

post-105806-0-37846900-1465191527_thumb.

If that pic is the rear of your speakers, you may want to think about reterminating them. Looks like they're close to shorting across the conductors.

Sorry, I don't have any info on the speakers though.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry - different specs, mine are genuine JBL (as per internal parts) rated at 80W RMS.  Just a similar copy.

Radio Parts Group do actually sell respectable quality components - been around for 50 years I reckon (oops, giving away my age).

1977 was my first visit.

Cheers - Paul