Bathurst 2016. 10-year anniversary GtG. All hail the Jones family!

Gee Emm

310 days to go.

I thought best to create it's own thread, rather than tag onto the 2015 thread.

It will be big. Scary big.

I expect most of the 'regulars' (and iregulars) will wanting to attend.

So, start planning people. get those leave application requests in. :)

I will be in touch with the Jones boy to confirm how many people his family's abode can cater for during the 2016 event.

I remember 1 year there was 'bout 30 add, but that was quite a strain on resources like showers, water etc.

We didn't seem to run out of alcohol though :D

I know 2 people who will be there in 2016...

@@Gee Emm

@@Jam

So post your expressions of interest here, and we'll confirm how many blow-ins the Jones family expect they can stand to put up with in 2016.

I have just returned from a 4 day weekend at Bathurst with Lindy & Terry. I wish I could swear on these forums (what harm can everyday words do online?); they are fantastic people. I think I have made lifetime friends.

I knew this thread was active and you can count me in. I will be there and possibly a friend or two. I will continue on the 2015 thread with pictures because I cannot find any thread on SNA which is suitable for uploading images of Terry, Lindy & my Mum - who is also keen on coming up to Bathurst for the anniversary GTG2016.

I am also a convert to XXXX Bitter. The first beer in years that I will drink for 12 hours straight. But it makes you fart heaps.

There's really nice accommodation next door at Newhaven something or other. But from what Terry and Lindy were saying just this past weekend, was that if next year's gathering attracts a big crowd, for example, 30 people plus, then tents will be used. You have to get there early, I think and muscle your way against some of the regular attendees @@Paul47 @@joz @@john.reekie for separate inside accommodation. Good luck.

Couples like @@norpus deserve a room to themselves. Makes more sense.

@@Gee Emm is a longtime veteran to the Bathurst gathering so he will get his own room too. There are also the family members that will have their own rooms.

There are two huge rooms that can accommodate alot of people at the same time. Some of the attendees will keep you up if you are a light sleeper as they are very noisy snorers. I stayed up until 5-6 AM listening to music for a couple of the nights that I was there, in order to sleep comfortably during the day, for a couple of hours.

It looks like it will be tents for the rest of us (I would be tempted to stay at one of the B&B's in the immediate vicinity only for the luxury of a bed.) But you would have to book now as the Bathurst 1000 is on at the same time as this thing. There is a house that you can book for the entire weekend in the Bathurst region but it's about $600-1200. Bit of a hike if you choose to drink a lot of alcohol and they are a fair way out of town.

I think Terry and Lindy would be offended if anyone chose to stay offsite as there is more than enough room to accommodate about 25 people inside their house as well as their own family.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Soft!

Make a commitment!

I thought we already discussed how you could take a magic pill for this problem of yours !  :P

And inflict two loud mouthed beer swillers onto our poor hapless guests ????

They won't know what's hit them !  ;)