FS: (Perth) Parasound Halo A21 Two-Channel Amplifier

Item: Parasound Halo A21 Two-Channel Amplifier
Price: $2600
Item Condition: Used 9/10 (It looks perfect as far as I can tell)
Reason for selling: Upgraded to JC1
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash  Only
Extra Info:

This is the best amp I've ever owned bar none. I'm only selling because I got my hands on a used Parasound JC1.  I don't have the original box so local pick up only. The A21 hardly ever shows up in 2nd hand market coz most owners keep them. Still current model retailing around $5000 in Australia. http://www.pymblehifi.com.au/shop/parasound-a21-two-channel-power-amplifier-halo-range/

Here are the actual user reviews from audioreview,com:

"l bought the Parasound halo a21 and the differences of improvement in the sound quality are just unreal, it's like too good to be true, before the parasound i had an Emotiva XPA and after listened to the differences btw the emo and the parasound i got to the conclusion that emotiva made my speakers sounded so bad, the sound quality is night and day differences, I'm was shocked!! It's just unbelievable, to give you a better hint of what I'm talking about, the emotiva is a Honda and the Parasound is a mercedez Benz s63 AMG, or Toyota vs Ferrari lol. I can't believe the sound just can get that good." Stharling a AudioPhile 

"This has got to be the one giant killer of sustained value the audio world has ever seen. The power and circuitry are phenomenal. I have played this amp through the Rockport Altairs and the Odyssey Audio Kismet reference. In a word, the flow of music was so evolved and liquid....silky with abundant detail. John Curl is the reason, he designed a unit so evolved that Parasound could get twice the price for it and still be undervalued. Don't hesitate to buy, excellent with every speaker I tried including the Maggie 3.6s. Use the balanced inputs when possible, the filtered power is huge for dynamics and I could swear....it is class A beyond the first 10 watts. I had considered the Pass Labs Int 150, but after reading the review in Stereophile where what appeared to be a faulty unit was given a great review, I passed. Glad I did, I saved a ton of money and received an outstanding amplifier. Using the P5 for a pre-amp and it is as great as the amp is" Michael

Product Specs
  • Continuous power output (20 Hz - 20 kHz): 250 watts RMS x 2 at 8 ohms, 400 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms, 750 watts RMS x 1 (bridged mono mode) at 8 ohms
  • Current capacity: 60 amperes peak per channel
  • Power bandwidth: 5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
  • Total harmonic distortion: < 0.2 % at full power
  • IM distortion: < 0.04 %
  • Slew rate: >130 V / µsecond
  • Dynamic headroom: > 1.5 dB
  • Interchannel crosstalk: > 80 dB at 1 kHz; > 63 dB at 20 kHz
  • Input sensitivity: 1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level
  • Input impedance: 33 k ohm unbalanced; 66 k ohm balanced
  • S/N ratio: > 112 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
  • Damping factor: > 1100 at 20 Hz
  • Dimensions: 17.25" wide, 7.625" high (7" without feet), 19.12" deep
  • Net weight: 60 lbs. 

Pictures:

post-109917-0-32802000-1454636148_thumb.

post-109917-0-40398900-1454636167_thumb.

• Like 1

Thanks @@Sirmorebeer  and sorry @@thamps...  :)

@@Darren69 you are right.  I believe the law of diminishing return is at work after the A21, especially if your speakers are efficient. 

This is what one guy I found on the net wrote why he chose A21 over the JC1: 

"This Parasound equipment (A21) is as good as any normal audiophile could ever want or need, the amplifier puts out tremendous power, I could never approach what it's capable of, and as I said, my ears have been spoiled by one of America's top amplifier manufacturers, Jeff Rowland Design Group and I would put the JC-2 BP/ A-21 combination up against their products any day, that is how good the Parasound is, there is simply no sane reason to spend more money, no reason, and that includes the Parasound mono blocks. Why would anyone want to take up that much space and burn that much electricity? The A-21 is a monster, you just don't need any more power unless you are attempting to drive some Magnepan 20 speakers!" By LiteJazz 

• Like 1

@@SoundGuy

@@SoundGuy you resemble my own journey, how good are the JC1's?This amp is at a great price and crucially (!!) is the correct colour. :)These amps are all you might ever need. GLWTS.

GLWTS@@SoundGuy.

Dazza I still have JC1 envy.... but yes the A21 is all the amp most people will ever need. The P5 pre-amp you sold me is a winning combination with the A21.

• Like 2