My journey to the new sound of music

Last bits arrived couple days ago [emoji1362]c9507aadbe6c1d18d8369aacab465149.jpg

@@JohnA you must try Siltech cable for your HE1000 , pls do so it just blow me away just like the YG n Boulder did when i just turn it on . Not even burn in yet but imo if you spend this much on gears they should sound as good if not better than $$$ you spend . 024411ceba71dc734455352615395aa9.jpg

• Like 2

Thought it couldn't get any better Tommy. Well there you go, I'm wrong again haha..sensational mate.

Thanks mate [emoji5]

What a journey, i thought it won't get better myself but even at the headphone level it sound the best i ever could imagine. Goldmund amp or Siltech cable I'm not so sure but compared to stock Usb , interconnect , power cord i can really assured it money well spend when it come to cable . Music wow it more like a dream come true now [emoji1362]

It going to be long night [emoji6]

• 1 month later...

@@Tommy107...what happened to the Vitus SS -102...

I still have in second >

Change the Dac to CH C1 , after weeks of listening it easily one of the best dac i ever tried even when come to packaging n quality. It truly Swiss made [emoji1362][emoji1362][emoji1362]

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Tommy your system keeps growing....outstanding!! Not really a TT man out of curiosity what TT is it and how does it compare to the digital ?

Thanks Jones
It a bit underwhelming when i just got it hooked up n turn on . Just as time gone passed about few hours n got decent recording I finally understand why so many swear on Analogue, doesn't have the dynamic n micro details like digital but it more life like , more romantic more humanly touch imo . That only less than 10h of playing n i can feel it growing better every day . I think if you love music then you must have them , it won't replace digital file in our book but it does give you an others window to the wonderful world of music [emoji1362][emoji1362]

30 minutes ago, Tommy107 said:

http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php/blogging-on-audio/201-howard-kneller/640-yg-acoustics-new-two-tower-masterpiece-the-sonja-xv
Yes you can ad on as it work as module Jones , i need a much bigger room if ever go that pad but your room was perfect mate emoji6.png

Yes my room would love these bad boys but alas another speaker has been promised the spots.......

• Like 1

That Boulder is stunning. I am considering one. What are your thoughts on the Boulder compared to the Vitus? 

Sound very much different Keith , one is tube like , musical , analogue i would say it round off the hard edge of any bad recording so well n make you feel quite relax , very well one the very best pre amp i ever tried MPL 201 .
Boulder on other hands is king of micro details, king of bass control if not king of SS amp but again it so much more expensive than the Vitus so it have to do well in that regard. Sound stage in Boulder 3000 is the most larger than life i ever experienced, truly 4D I'm not kidding , it no longer wide n tall in front of you but like a lot of water flowing around n massage all your senses , unbelievable experience. No other amp could do that n I believe that is they sound signature.
Music in Boulder room still running in but it the best i ever experienced, I'm kind of guy who spend hours to find faults then replace n improve for the better sound but do admit it a killer combination, Boulder - Yg acoustic- Siltech - Vitus MPL 201 .
So happy with the result . Vitus Vs Boulder well you have to compare same price range but imo you can't go wrong with any . If you have unlimited fund then 3060 is my choice even the finish is amazing . Happy shopping mate
  • Like 1

Tommy I am not keen to sell a house in order to buy a Boulder 3060, which I will never be able to sell. The Boulder 1050 is more in my price range. I would also consider a Vitus RS-100. I envy you, those are beautiful speakers, amps, room ... well, beautiful system, full stop. 

• Like 1

Tommy I am not keen to sell a house in order to buy a Boulder 3060, which I will never be able to sell. The Boulder 1050 is more in my price range. I would also consider a Vitus RS-100. I envy you, those are beautiful speakers, amps, room ... well, beautiful system, full stop. 

You really cant go wrong with any of that 2 amp , i tried both n like i said Boulder more neutral but never bright while Vitus more liquid n organic sound [emoji1360]
  • Like 1

I am not worried about an amp sounding bright :) This amp will be used only for the bass, in my system which is active and quad amped. What I need is an amp that is powerful and dynamic within the region I am using it for (50Hz - 500Hz). How it behaves at frequencies above 500Hz does not concern me, because my valve amps handle those. The reason I am looking at Boulder is because I have heard them once before - they have an incredibly authoritative and unflappable sound, which is what i'm after. What I want to know is whether I can get away with spending much less money on a Vitus. 

• Like 1

I think Boulder created a soundstage more life like than any others amp i have tried . There no sweet spot in my room , it just amazing whether you sit or stand or even walking around .
I have two systems n love the difference between them but just like you . Boulder is suit me a little better as I'm in to detail even in small volume plus those unbelievable soundstage .
Get boulder mate [emoji1362][emoji1360]

• Like 2