Darren69's stuff, to date.

@Darren69   sell everything and jump on those Genesis 1's in the classified's and you can park the upgrade bug for good....... absolute bargain!!!! .....Had a listen and a look at these bad boys contemplated buying them myself.....just awesome but the boss shut it down ...something about 2 sets of 4 tower system speakers  is taking the piss.......I had to relent but snuck the Select 2 and new monoblocks in so cannot be too disappointed

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Jones99 said:

@Darren69   sell everything and jump on those Genesis 1's in the classified's and you can park the upgrade bug for good....... absolute bargain!!!! .....Had a listen and a look at these bad boys contemplated buying them myself.....just awesome but the boss shut it down ...something about 2 sets of 4 tower system speakers  is taking the piss.......I had to relent but snuck the Select 2 and new monoblocks in so cannot be too disappointed

This mob will give me $283.60 for my system. :D

Tough crowd.

@Darren69

Yeah, go on Dazzle, go for broke and get those Genesis speakers. I'm sure that as a genuine purchaser you could negotiate at least another $10k off the asking price, maybe even more. Plus it would probably save you money in the long run, one big purchase now instead of numerous purchases over the next couple of decades. You might even be able to get Paul McGowan to come out and help you get them set up correctly, as he did for the seller. Just don't mention that you sold your Direct Stream DAC.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, Jventer said:

I will soon start an excel spreadsheet where all the attendees to the GTG can add music we should/could listen to on the day.

The idea is that, if we all listen to the music beforehand, we will be able to make more informed decisions of what we are hearing on the day.

No obligations, but hope this will make this planned day even better.

Johannes, thanks mate. :)

Hey Darren, thanks for the invite mate, however I have the awesome privilege of working that weekend so I'm going to have to pass.

Would have been awesome to hear some Tool and Maiden pumping through your system  :thumb:

Maybe next time.

Oh yeah you asked what is a Gambit....

"an act or remark that is calculated to gain an advantage, especially at the outset of a situation"

He was also a character in X-Men

Cheers

Jason

• Like 1

On 26/11/2017 at 3:42 PM, Wongy said:

Hi Daz would you like me to take up at your GTG a BHK 250 BHK Pre- amp DirectStream and the new DirectStream Memory CD player maybe also a Tube amplifier do you have number who coming over

Mr Wong

make sure you upgrade Directstream to Redcloud (available this weekend) before going to Daz. 

Here’s the latest; 

We will release both DSJ and DS and Bridge code on Friday for a general release. No one need wait.

There’s no getting your head around this new release. Seriously. 

We finished up Red Cloud for DS today. It was the easiest OS upgrade we’ve ever had the pleasure to work on. From the moment we put this on it was just perfect. (????  Its OTT nothing is perfect ). Top to bottom better. I hesitate to say Huron sounds anemic and somewhat broken compared to Red Cloud so I won’t – though that is exactly what I think right now.

I also believe Ted may have gone to the dark side to achieve this. How in blazes can his wizardry extend to this level of improvement without having sold his soul? Kevin Jackson in our sales department commented that with Huron it sounded like half the ensemble was missing—restored with Red Cloud.

And let’s be clear. We ALL loved Huron!

I am not sure what Ted did though I can give you a brief laundry list if you’re interested. I for one refuse to believe this is all he did.

• Better linearized lower level signals – removing some low-level THD
  • Removed some older linearization heuristics
  • Lowered distortion a little with grossly overloaded signals (signals way above 0dBFS only achievable in saturated DSD)
  • Fewer ticks/pops on sample rate changes and format changes.
  • Clear upsampler’s partial results on sample rate changes
  • Lowered noise and artifacts

Yeah, yeah. Blah, blah. In my opinion, Ted’s holding out on us to keep his secrets (or his bargain for his soul) close to the vest. This is too big to have only been the work above.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rob181 said:

Paul McGowan...

the master of the understatement...

NOT...

I have found that his products deliver on his promise.

He can get a little over enthusiastic sometimes, but haven’t we all when something we are passionate about excites us :)

Just now, awayward said:

I have found that his products deliver on his promise.

There we go...fixed that for you...

PS Audio make very good products...

Paul McGowan would have made a fortune...

Selling encyclopedias door to door..

Just now, awayward said:

criticising Paul’s comments

Only his way over the top (for the average AUS) sales pitch...

The US laws on "truth in advertising" are non existent...

I have already stated that PS Audio make very good products...

So...not to put too finer a point on it...

His "sales pitch" gives me the shites...nothing more...

3 hours ago, frankn said:

Mr Wong

make sure you upgrade Directstream to Redcloud (available this weekend) before going to Daz. 

Here’s the latest; 

We will release both DSJ and DS and Bridge code on Friday for a general release. No one need wait.

There’s no getting your head around this new release. Seriously. 

We finished up Red Cloud for DS today. It was the easiest OS upgrade we’ve ever had the pleasure to work on. From the moment we put this on it was just perfect. (????  Its OTT nothing is perfect ). Top to bottom better. I hesitate to say Huron sounds anemic and somewhat broken compared to Red Cloud so I won’t – though that is exactly what I think right now.

I also believe Ted may have gone to the dark side to achieve this. How in blazes can his wizardry extend to this level of improvement without having sold his soul? Kevin Jackson in our sales department commented that with Huron it sounded like half the ensemble was missing—restored with Red Cloud.

And let’s be clear. We ALL loved Huron!

I am not sure what Ted did though I can give you a brief laundry list if you’re interested. I for one refuse to believe this is all he did.

• Better linearized lower level signals – removing some low-level THD
  • Removed some older linearization heuristics
  • Lowered distortion a little with grossly overloaded signals (signals way above 0dBFS only achievable in saturated DSD)
  • Fewer ticks/pops on sample rate changes and format changes.
  • Clear upsampler’s partial results on sample rate changes
  • Lowered noise and artifacts

Yeah, yeah. Blah, blah. In my opinion, Ted’s holding out on us to keep his secrets (or his bargain for his soul) close to the vest. This is too big to have only been the work above.

Thanks Frank the DirectStream will have the Redcloud at Daz GTG 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...