Sydney Audio Club June Meeting

The Sydney Audio Club June monthly meeting is at Dence Park Creative Centre, 26 Stanley St Epping, on Sunday 15th June 2008. Doors open at 1pm, and guests are welcome (introduce yourselves to the committee member at the door). This month's meeting, the theme is "Budget High End" - what can you achieve with new or pre-loved components that woulcd sell of less than $1,000 per component. We will be presenting a few systems on the day, including a vinyl front end, some class A and class D amps, and the fabulous Ge'go Orthophase speakers.

Sydney Audio Club meets monthly to share the enjoyment of great music and high quality sound reproduction. Each monthly meeting has a feature system, and a broad range of musical interests are catered for. We support active specials interests groups, and have good fraternal relationships with other Audio societies in other states.

You can get more information on the Club at our web site:

www.sydneyaudioclub.org.au

You can also make contact with us at our email address:

sydneyaudioclub@optusnet.com.au

Membership year starts in July, so check us out as a guest at the June meeting, and consider applying for membership for 2008-09.

Cheers,

John Vandyke

Vice President

Sydney Audio Club

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

For those of you who did not attend, we had a fun day listening to 3 systems based around the old and new with a wide variety of designs. A wonderful selection of music was played.

System 1: Project Expression t/t with Grado Gold cartridge, Project SE phono stage. Kelvin Labs integrated 18w class A amp and one of my favourite loudspeakers a 1959 pair of Ge'Go Orthophase ribbon loudspeakers. Interconnect was home made, speaker cable braided Cat 6 cable, mains lead home made and using Tacima mains filter and isolation unit.

Sounded loverly even if as the owner, i say so myself.

System 2: Thorens TD 147 with ortofon MC 30 into Kenwood pre and into Trands class d amp as power amp. Also DVD player as cd source. Speakers Linaeum Genexxa with Richter Sound small sub.

Sounded better than the sum of its parts. Bass a bit lumpy and so so.

System 3: Sony cd player, Kenwood pre , Nakamichi power amp, B&W DM2a speakers.

Sounded pretty good with the best bass performance of the 3 systems.

The object of the day was to see if it was possible to create a system using second hand and or new components where each componenet eg

source

amp

speakers

ancilliaries

each are less than $1000.00

I think we succeeded and were able to put together 3 credible systems that fulfilled the role of providing music in the home that is enjoyable to listen to.

If any one can tell a complete computer idiot how to put photo's on this site i will be pleased to put photo's on here.

Here is looking forward to the next meet in July.

Hope to see you there.

regards

David Cooper

Secretary