REDGUM Black Signature Series RGi35ENR

This little beast is on it's way back to me. Maybe as a permanent home if all goes well. Strange you've had problems Tung. I didn't have any dramas with the right channel. I did however have a sticking left channel when I first received it. Cafads suggestion fixed it for me. The knob had been pushed in too far, just needed pulling out.

I'll have to see how it goes once it gets back. I must say it teamed very nicely with my Usher S520's.

Ok Blake, I will post it this saturday, please pm me your address (and full name).

This black series is way more power than the ordinary 35 and with lots of dynamic, quite amazing.

With regard to Jeff's comment about odd room layout: I totally agree, mine is, and I have to adjust the 2 knobs until the sound is perfectly at centre of the room then using JRiver /SBT to turn up down although setting full 100% volume (system volume, not internal volume in options) would be slightly better. I compromise a little bit for convenience most of the time, during serious session I go back to full JRiver volume (ststem volume) and manually turn redgum knobs.

• Like 1

And that is the end of the Redgum Road Trip ladies and gents.  That doesn't mean that the posts will stop of course but it does mean that we have reached the end of the road as far as the original "Roaming '35ENR" units' travels are concerned.  The original list of participants is at its end.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Lindy for allowing (indeed encouraging) me to send this unit out on the road for this lengthy SNA field test and to thank everybody who contributed their time and effort as well.  

Here's hoping we can do something similar in 2015.

• Like 2

Yes, Thanks to Lindy and Redgum and of course to Jeff for organising the whole thing.

For the next road trip I'd suggest a change and Tivoli HiFi @@jimsan can send me 802d's and I'll evaluate, critically listen, amp swap(how many Sansuis does it take to drive 802d's? all will be revealed, I can stack 8 up on top of each other :cool: ), cable interchange, and digital/streaming/analogue test them.

Then I'll have a sex change, shave the mo, learn Italian and  move to Bleak City and become a suburban housewife recently widowed with a farking wicked sound system and no one will know the better. :thumb:

It'd work :love

• Like 4

Yes thanks to Lindy and Ian at Redgum and Jeff for getting the ball rolling. I WAS going to give this unit a new home but now have had second thoughts. I'm sure it will find a great home somewhere else though, great little amp for the price.

That sounds like a very "cunning plan" you have there Luc, best of luck with that mate (or possibly Ma'am).  

And it seems the lure of another Exposure 2010S2 is just too strong for Blake to pull the trigger on a Redgum.  That's understandable, the 2010S2 has that sort of effect on many of us.

Hmmm, I wonder if any of the SNA sponsors would be willing component donors for another Road Trip scenario?  Perhaps I'd better PM Marc first and get his thoughts on the matter.

Hey get that bloke in whoop whoop or whereeverhereis or warmbedandpool or whatever it's called to send his Krell out on a roadtrip ( @ THE TROLL ) better than sitting there all turned off and unloved.

Yes, Thanks to Lindy and Redgum and of course to Jeff for organising the whole thing.

For the next road trip I'd suggest a change and Tivoli HiFi @@jimsan can send me 802d's and I'll evaluate, critically listen, amp swap(how many Sansuis does it take to drive 802d's? all will be revealed, I can stack 8 up on top of each other :cool: ), cable interchange, and digital/streaming/analogue test them.

Then I'll have a sex change, shave the mo, learn Italian and  move to Bleak City and become a suburban housewife recently widowed with a farking wicked sound system and no one will know the better. :thumb:

It'd work :love

Only thing is Luc, judging by some of the profile pics on SNA people have beaten you to this idea.

• Like 1