Introduction from Maryland in the US

Hi Everyone-

Music and HiFi have been a part of my life since I turned 13. 

I was introduced to great sound by both of my parents.

My Dad purchased his only stereo system from the World's Fair in NYC in 1964.

His system included a Fisher 500C FM tube stereo receiver, a pair of AR 2AX speakers, and a Dual 1009 turntable.

His love was Jazz, and he introduced me to Al Hirt, Herb Alpert, Miles Davis, and others.

My mom is a classically trained pianist, and was constantly playing Mozart, Rachmaninoff, and others.

I also had a cousin who was 4 years older than me who introduced me to the Doors, the Rolling Stones, and the Beatles.

My first stereo was a Radio Shack Quadrophonic Receiver, with 4 Radio Shack speakers, and a BSR turntable.

My first albums purchased were Freda Payne's "Band of Gold", Elton John's 'Greatest Hits", and the Beatles' "Red Album 62-66".

My obsession had started. 

My collection is now in the thousands.

I got my first job in the music/audio business in 1980 working as a store manager for the retail giant Record World.

My entire paycheck typically went to purchasing new vinyl. 

I got my first audio job in 1985, as the Sales Manager for an audio store in College Park, Maryland, called Audiokrafters.

We sold KEF, Mission, Allison Acoustics, and were probably the largest Klipsch dealer in the country.

We had one room that had the following Klipsch speakers-Heresy, Forte, Cornwall, Belle, LaScala, and Klipschorn. 

We also sold Tandberg, McIntosh, NAD, Bang & Olufsen, and Revox.

I've been in and out of the audio business since 1985.

With my wife's permission, I converted a 3 level townhouse into an audio store in 2015.

I clean vinyl professionally, as well as flatten vinyl using a Furutech DF2, sell new vinyl, and a lot of different audio lines. 

I look forward to getting to know many of you, and offering any help I can provide in navigating the current state of music and audio.