New member from Brisbane, Au

Let's see...

So I love indie music. I have a good collection of vinyls that I took back with me from France to Australia. As I mentioned my stereo is getting very old and I need to update it, so I'm looking at readjusting to more current equipment but I have lost touch with the development of the technologies. My brother-in-law suggested I get onto stereonet to learn more and I thought that was a good way to start.

Cheers

Veronique

• Like 1

Hi Veronique,

consider joining the Queensland Audio Club (QAC).https://www.queenslandaudio.club/join-us

You see a wide range of members systems, ranging from a few thousand dollars to high-end systems costing over a quarter of a million dollars.

In my case, I have 6 systems in my house. I'm an audio hoarder 😀

We hold monthly meetings, usually on the 3rd Saturday of the month.

April Snow, a frequent SNA poster, is a member (so you wouldn't be the only female at our meetings).

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 1

Hi Veronique,

Welcome to StereoNET and thanks for the introduction. New technologies have changed the way many people find and enjoy their music. The most significant being the digital server as a source component and digital streaming for music discovery and delivery.

I have been a music fan since I was a teenager many (many many) years ago. Vinyl is a beautiful tactile experience and several years ago I wanted to get back into vinyl as it was having a global resurgence, and vinyl was what drew me to look at upgrading my 20 year old CD based system. I did that with an entry level modern turntable and phono stage which was great but that led me to hearing what digital is capable of. A terrific digital front can deliver a wonderful experience at a fraction of the cost of an equivalent sound quality analogue vinyl set up.

There are several reputable HiFi shops in Brisbane - go and see some before you make a decision - make it fun ... coffee / hifi / lunch / hifi ... repeat !!! 😀