SE Ultralinear EL84 tube amp (Decware type)

Item Condition: Very good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Toowoomba
State: QLD
Payment Method: EFT, PayPal, cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Downsizing

Further Information

Continuing the downsize as rest of life steps forward for the time being. 

Here is a 2W single ended amp that has driven my speakers with aplomb. Made by talented member here, Mark. Fitted with Audio note and PIO caps. Comes with the Sophia Electric 274b rectifier and full tube complement including National tubes (which beat out the Russian NOS ones). 

Based around the Decware UFO amp I believe. Simple circuit results in immediacy and fast amp sounds that have driven a range of speakers which have passed through here. 

From Mark’s website: 

‘The inter-stage caps are Audio Note Tin foil paper and oil. This amp is called "Tamarisk". There are a number of small creeks which wind through this part of of southern Victoria and one is called Tamarisk. I just like how it sounds. The finished amp looks cool and not too heavy.The sound is a big step-up from my 6V6 SE UL. With live classical music the sound appears to unfold in layers. Decay and reverb also appear to occupy their own layer. The bottom images shows the Sophia Princes 274B as the new rectifier tube for the amp.’

IMG_0991.thumb.jpeg.79cb25161c8d3922064df8335c9aa781.jpeg

IMG_0992.thumb.jpeg.9a50935ecd081d8d7c052cb182faa973.jpeg

image.jpeg.2b166aa00681383e57ef46bc23c56a59.jpeg

IMG_6152.jpg

IMG_6153.jpg

• Love 1