Magico S1 MkII Speakers

Item Condition: Mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal
Reason for selling: Too many speakers

Further Information

Anyone seriously interested in this speaker will be well aware of the innovative technology behind this US brand's reputation, with every element of in-house design subject to constant evolution. Having enjoyed earlier but larger S3 and A3, no doubt exceptional models, the S1 MkII is in a different league as far as I'm concerned. The clarity, transparency, control and precision are the best I've heard from a "conventional" speaker. You can read online the technical details of how the drivers, enclosure, bracing, crossover and outrigger suspension have been updated.

Nevertheless, this is not a speaker for everyone. With a single bass/mid driver and compact enclosure, it doesn't possess earth-shattering bass. What bass it has is beautifully defined and extended for the size, but it can't move as much air as speakers with more bass drivers and larger enclosures. While able to fill my largest studio quite adequately, I can imagine it being an ideal solution for a critical listener seeking extremely high end performance in a smaller room, where the bass of larger models risks getting out of control. As an alternative to standmounts, I'd expect this model to maintain a more balanced sound, without taking up any more floor space. 

You may notice a pair of Magico A3s in the photos. If I had a choice based on sound quality, I'd be keeping the S1 MkII and selling the A3. However I believe it will be easier to sell the S1 MkII because they are the first pair to appear on the used market,  much more rare, a better speaker in almost every way, and as the second owner I can afford to sell them at a huge saving off the current RRP of $42,300. The speakers are in new condition with beautiful M-Cast Pewter finish and come with original cartons, grilles, spikes and spike protectors.

I'm happy to demonstrate them for a local buyer (if necessary against the A3s) or arrange safe transport for anyone else.

Basic Specs:

1" Diamond Coated Beryllium Dome Tweeter

7" Graphene Nano-Tec Cone Bass/mid

Nominal Impedance 4 Ohms

Sensitivity 86dB

Frequency Response 32Hz-50KHz

Weight 54.5 Kg each

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

• Like 5

had the pleasure of listening to these yesterday and i must say they are excellent anyone looking for something in this price range should audition..they really are nice..Magico have hit a home run with these. George is not a bad guy either 😁