Dspeaker Anti-Mode 8033Cinema

Frankp01

Item: Dspeaker Anti-Mode 8033Cinema
Price Range: Fair price
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info:  Would prefer later model, eg 2020 +

Looking to supplement my ARC settings on my Anthem MRX1120 in an odd shaped room. Happy to discuss shipping options to Adelaide.

• 3 months later...

Hi Frankp01,

If you are still after an Anti-Mode, I have an original Anti-Mode 8033 in good condition, with original packaging. 

It is older than your stated preference, but is pretty much the same as the current 8033 Cinema, except it has an additional 180 degree output.

I imported this from Finland in 2010, for use with a Seaton Submersive Sub.

In recent years it has been used in conjunction with ARC on an Anthem MRX520 to excellent effect.

I have been recently selling off my HT gear, and this is one of the items I have left.

If you are still after one, and this one would suit, you could have it for $90.

PM me if you are interested.

I am in Adelaide (southern suburbs)

Regards

John T

407822BF-7CB9-4747-A742-D9E892A0C080.jpeg

A4386505-42AF-4574-A103-F8EC2A3F4D82.jpeg

AA7EB692-70C5-40ED-99F2-E2C0D735A511.jpeg

Hi John, thanks for the message. I've decided to take a break from my obsession with audio for a while, so will pass on this one but I really do appreciate the offer. 

I have the MRX 1120, so would be interested in how you found the 520?  I've been thinking of upgrading to the AVM 70 at some stage in the future.

Hi Frankp01,

Thanks for getting back to me.

No problem re the Anti-Mode. I will get around to listing it on StereoNet once I have moved my remaining items on.

Regarding the MRX 520; I was using it as a preamp only, in conjunction with an Anthem MCA 525 power amp, driving a 5.1 setup consisting of 5 Dynaudio speakers and a Seaton Submersive sub, and was very satisfied with the sound, and with the versatility of the 520.

I have a lounge room which is partially open to other rooms, and has almost square dimensions, so it is quite challenging to get a smooth response, especially at the bottom end.

I found the 520 to be very successful in taming the room modes using ARC.

I only used ARC up to 300hz, and checked the results using Dayton Omnimic measurement software.

Audio has been my hobby for 50 years, and I have really appreciated the development of room correction software, especially ARC M2, which allows so much tweakability.

As you stated; audio can become an obsession, and you can spend way to much time chasing the perfect sound (whatever that is), but it can also be a very enjoyable journey.

Then you can also get hooked on video calibration (which I did), and spend even more time pursuing the best possible picture.

Enjoy!

Regards

John T