REGA EXON 3 MONOBLOCKS -POWER AMPLIFIERS

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: MANLY
State: NSW
Payment Method: Any
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

This is the exon 3 the last and the most successful from the exons monoblocks by rega 

This Matching serial number monoblocks are in excellent condition and I am the second owner 

In my mind and from my experience of owning  the rega elex-r, and  elicit r  this is my favorite and a big improvement on the rega sound with more power than elicit r

Helping to easily drive difficult speakers 

125w in to 8 of high current  monoblocks that drove my PMC twenty5.22 , dynaudio special forty and other speakers very well 

Very capable amplifiers that cost over $4000 when new 

FROM THE WEB:

The Rega Exon 3 is a high performance symmetrical circuit power amplifier housed in the new Rega built extruded aluminium case with heat sink. Rega has improved on the original Exon power amplifier but still kept the same level of sonic performance and synergy as the original.

The Exon 3 Amplifier has a fully protected output stage with DC and electronic thermal protection and supply monitor for both transformers. High performance Evox polypropylene capacitors have been used in the signal path.

The power Amplifier uses a fully symmetrical circuit topology throughout, with a low distortion high linearity and bandwidth common base voltage amplifier driver stage. This type of circuit topology will provide the necessary voltage swing, to enable the Exon to drive the speaker system with the minimum of distortion. Four sanken 200 watt output transistors are used in a "triple" high current output stage, thus enabling the Exon to drive the most awkward of speaker systems. Circuit modelling and listening tests have been used to give the highest level of sonic performance and reliability.

The power supply uses two generously rated toroidal transformers with high-grade core material, combined with 37,600mF of parallel connected smoothing capacitors, providing more than enough current to drive the hardest of loads. All input and driver stages are fed from a fully regulated supply providing a stabilised voltage, ensuring the highest level of sonic purity.

The high current supply utilises fast recovery diodes in the rectifier. These diodes generate less high frequency switching noise therefore giving rise to a cleaner DC supply feeding the high current power-output stage. High performance Cerafine capacitors are used in all the critical positions within the amplifier circuit. These along with high performance Evox polypropylene capacitors in the signal path, yield the best sonic performance and musical results.

The Exon 3 uses high performance low noise Sanken transistors in the symmetrical differential input amplifier. FSC Quattro is used in the internal speaker wiring and this combined with improved speaker binding posts will result in a better sonic performance and musical results.

The improvements to the power supply and the internal wiring plus the up-grades to the capacitors & transistors, all combine to give a significant improvement to the over all performance of this already high performance amplifier.

• Remarkable sound quality.

• 125w per channel @ 8W.

• 200w per channel @ 4W.

• Symmetrical Circuit.

• Regulated power supply.

• Rega custom built extruded aluminium case.

• High Thermal efficiency heat sink.

• Dual Toroidal transformer power supply.

• Four 200w Sanken output transistor

• Common base driver stage

• Can drive the most awkward of speaker systems.

• System compatible with a gain of 28dB.

• Full flexibility within the range.

• BI-amplifier upgrade for the Mira amplifier.

• Forms a pre-power system with the Cursa pre-amplifier.

• Twin parallel input sockets

20220510_145016.jpg

20220510_145109.jpg

20220510_145143.jpg

20220510_145046.jpg

20220510_145159.jpg

• Like 1

Hello, I’ll buy them please, only problem is shipping to NZ. Can you price in and I’ll deposit into your account? 

been waiting along time for these to come up. I’ve got 3 need 2 more. Let’s make it happen.

thankyou

blair Teesdale

1274 East Coast Road

REDVALE

NORTH SHORE

AUCKLAND 0794