Item Condition: 8 out of 10 due to its age
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: pascoevale 3044
State: VIC
Payment Method: eft, cash on pick, etc
Reason for selling: To many speakers

Further information:  These are original untouched in perfect working order. These are made in England. These are not a diy. They sound fantastic. I bought these off a guy that had a recording studio. They might not be wife friendly but they do sound good with many different types of amplifier. 

The Tannoy Arden Mk2 is a dynamic speaker. It was manufactured from 1978 to 1983.

Stef (April 2, 2007): Is this a better choice then the SRM 15X? I play with a tube amp the audio research CL 30 and a line-stage ARC LS 16?

Specifications[contribute]

• Tannoy web site (August 2004)
  •  
  • Dual Concentric: 3828
  • Dual Concentric Size: 15"
  • High Frequency: post 1979
  • High Frequency Size: 2"
  • Crossover Code: 1007
  • Spares: Available

Forum topics on the Tannoy Arden Mk2

Manual on the Tannoy Arden MK2 link on bottom

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1000588/Tannoy-Arden-Mark-Ii.html

0 copy.jpeg

0-1 copy.jpeg

0-1.jpeg

0-2.jpeg

0-3.jpeg

0-4.jpeg

0-5.jpeg

0-6.jpeg

0-7.jpeg

0-8.jpeg

0.jpeg

Edited by audiohifiaudio
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

Those speakers look to be in stunning condition, and should sound really wonderful with a variety of amplification. 

Having had a pair with the same drivers myself, I do have a soft spot for them ;)

Can you provide further details to substantiate your claim about the non perishable surrounds on the Arden mkii? 

My understanding is that they use the exact same surround material from the mki which would perish overtime but not that it is an issue as replacement is still readily available.  I'd be happy to stand corrected on this.

@Lx4man

Edited by Willmax
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Willmax said:

Those speakers look to be in stunning condition, and should sound really wonderful with a variety of amplification. 

Having had a pair with the same drivers myself, I do have a soft spot for them ;)

Can you provide further details to substantiate your claim about the non perishable surrounds on the Arden mkii? 

My understanding is that they use the exact same surround material from the mki which would perish overtime but not that it is an issue as replacement is thankfully still readily available.  I'd be happy to stand corrected on this.

@Lx4man

The surrounds are perfect on the drivers are perfect and sound fantastic.  The surrounds are different from the mk1 to the mk2. You can email tannoy for more info.

14 hours ago, Willmax said:

My understanding is that they use the exact same surround material from the mki which would perish overtime but not that it is an issue as replacement is still readily available.  I'd be happy to stand corrected on this.

@Lx4man

Correct ! Both the hpd385 , 3828 and 3839 all use the exact same material for suspensions , I have refoamed all 3 of these models and the biggest difference is in the motor (voice coil and magnet ) surrounds and cones are the same construction , kürt muller sr336's are used on all of these drivers 

Edited by Lx4man
Further info
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Lx4man said:

Correct ! Both the hpd385 , 3828 and 3839 all use the exact same material for suspensions , I have refoamed all 3 of these models and the biggest difference is in the motor (voice coil and magnet ) surrounds and cones are the same construction , kürt muller sr336's are used on all of these drivers 

Hello I was told different but I'm not a expert.