PENDING PICKUP: HARBETH SHL5 Plus with Skylan stands and Isoacoustic Gaias

SOLD
SOLD
Item Condition: As new
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Maclean - North Coast
State: NSW
Payment Method: Cash, PayPal, bank transfer
Reason for selling: Marten Parkers

Further information: 

These Harbeths are oh-so- close to the perfect all round speaker at anywhere near their new price. They have a faultless tonal quality which shines especially on vocals and imaging is good enough to provide that elusive holographic sound stage.  

A bonus of these speakers is their ease of drive.  Despite their average quoted sensitivity of 86dB/W/m I quite happily ran these off a 30 watt amplifier in a large room.  Their impedance is a very, very friendly 6-8 ohms.

I did find them somewhat fussy regarding what stands are used.  Whilst the Skylans are designed specifically for the SHL5 +, they performed even better with inverted tiptoes placed between the stand and speaker base which allows for an air gap.   The addition of the Isoacoustics Gaias made a HUGE difference especially with respect to cleaning up the mid-bass region.  Bass and dynamics with this combination is surprisingly good for this driver configuration.

This particular pair is finished in the most desirable rosewood veneer which is completely unmarked.

I will be very sorry to see these Harbeths go but I have downsized to the excellent Martens albeit at more than twice the price.

At my asking price I will include the Speakers, Skylan stands, Gaias and tiptoes.

The entire setup is in immaculate condition, not a blemish to be found, and I have the original factory cartons for shipping.

Absolute Sound review:    https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/harbeth-super-hl5plus-loudspeaker

Please feel free to ask any questions whatsoever.

IMG_2592.thumb.JPG.a89509c30ce8e1cc3ae3b7b19515c552.JPG

IMG_2593.thumb.JPG.62eec584b080bb91a725014d3dcb18b2.JPG

IMG_2594.thumb.JPG.be39294ce4aff4e3e04c7b1364dd422b.JPG

IMG_2595.thumb.JPG.b473dc03d4224c33642037a16ed802b1.JPG

IMG_2596.thumb.JPG.52b68d81e521e5fb2e2b861281ecbad3.JPG

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, colinm1 said:

Just wondering who retails Skylan stands here in australia 

:)

If the situation is still the same as it was few years ago, the answer is no-one.

I've had two pairs and have had to buy them direct from Canada.

Edited by Bronal
  • Like 2

Before this thread gets closed post-sale, I'd like to say a public thank you to Andrew for the best buying experience I've had here at SNA.

We had organised a plan for me to drive the 2.5hrs from my place to his to collect the speakers this week, but as it turned out he was going to be driving past my place on short notice and instead, brought the speakers and stands to me.

He shared his experience with the speakers and their setup, and had obviously cared for them meticulously in the time he had them.

They're now part of my end-game system and with some more listening and a little tweaking of placement I expect they'll be giving me years of audio pleasure.

I'm more than happy to add my name to the list of SNA-ers that have had very positive experiences with Andrew!

Thanks mate!

Jason

• Like 3