HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro 4K HDR Review

Latest firmware for Q5/Q10 Pro (HMD version 2.07) is available for download at:

http://www.himediatech.com/support.htm

FW 2.0.7

New features:

1. Support Blu-ray effects subtitles, while retaining the function of subtitles up and down movement

2. HD theater new child lock feature, hidden video hidden in the left part of the column enter the child lock password can view

3. HD cinema add delete File function

4. HD Cinema add the latest release categories, to show the time sorting

5. HD cinema to increase the error reporting function, after reporting, 48 hours Himedia will handle well, the user can delete data in the settings, re-scan to see To modify the good data.

6. High-definition theater and media center shortcuts synchronization

7. Increase the front panel display switch tips

8. In the subtitle settings menu, add the "default subtitle switch" option, the function is to select the default closed subtitles, the default video playback subtitle closed captions , You can manually switch subtitles; when you choose to open the default subtitles, subtitles will be mounted according to the rules of the previous rule to

modify BUG:

1. Wallpaper is enlarged problem

2. Optimization of the main playlist algorithm of Blu-ray navigation

3. Optimization of HDMI strategy, boot using the last successful Set the resolution

4. Removed 4096 * 2160 resolution

5. Fixed when the movie played breakpoint generated after the breakpoint breakpoint continued to see the video when the throw will

throw point resuming the problem; to switch off the breakpoint after the broadcast All heavy start to start broadcasting

6. Solve the smart home HiChannel continuous power command can not stand

7 solve kodi can not play online video" (google translate from Himedia chinese site)

After this firmware is the Bluray full manual still avaiable?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just re-apply the Bluray patch and thereafter good to go as what bro ralfale mentioned.

Didn’t notice any significance differences in the PQ and SQ.

What I got from Himedia is a DIY firmware that include the Blue-ray menu, I do not have the patch file.

What I got from Himedia is a DIY firmware that include the Blue-ray menu, I do not have the patch file.

you can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1f7j6ejb4p749n/OpenBlurayMode.apk

1. Install BlurayPatch app by opening OpenBlurayMode.apk from Q5/Q10 Pro FileManager or any other file manager app.

2. Run the installed BlurayPatch app (My Apps - BlurayPatch) and press OK to toggle 'Open Bluray'.

you can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1f7j6ejb4p749n/OpenBlurayMode.apk

1. Install BlurayPatch app by opening OpenBlurayMode.apk from Q5/Q10 Pro FileManager or any other file manager app.

2. Run the installed BlurayPatch app (My Apps - BlurayPatch) and press OK to toggle 'Open Bluray'.

OK is working now. Thanks Bro!

Anyone using this new function - Support Blu-ray effects subtitles

What's the use case?

seems the subtitle support still have big room for improvement. 2.07 resolve part of BD GPS special subtitle support but not perfect, many users feedback with the 2.07 firmware, special effect subtitles in ass format also got display issue, while sup format special effect subtitle supports are still not there.....

Hey guys,

What do you all use your Q10 Pro or Q5 Pro for besides watching mkv or iso rips?

I'm presently using it to store and watch my rip files of the original blurays that i own. But then i find the quality of the ISO rips (even if it's 1:1 rip), abit lacking when i watch it on my 4k projector. The reduction of quality is there. And I still own my bluray titles. My only real incentive of continuing on this is to digitize my entire bluray collection so that it would spoil and save and back it up on my NAS. I don't do illegal downloads and if i ever sell my blurays, i feel i shouldn't own the digital copy. But this is personal.

So I was wondering what else can you guys do with your android media player to get more value and mileage out of it?

Thx

Just rename the file to update.zip from update_Q10pro.zip and place in root of USB drive and don't extract it.

Just leave it as a zip file and you are good to upgrade the firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally I managed to update using zip folder. The earlier problem was that the folder was rename to update.zip.zip

really foolish of me. 

Anyone using SPMC? I just realize that with current firmware, the audio passthrough function isn't working.

I'm also getting micro stutters when playing back 4K 23.976Hz files. Unfortunately my long run HDMI cable is only able to manage 10.2Gbs so I've set my resolution to 4K/24 4:4:4 10bits. 60Hz settings don't seem to work. Could the micro stutters be due to the 24Hz setting?

Bro,  thinking of getting this player or the egreat.

Need help as a bit confused.

What's the main difference between the 2 players? Understand it's the same chipset

Thanks in advance ! =)

Same Song But Different Singer ...  :D

So which singer sings better?  ;D

Egreat with VidOn and Himedia is with Kodi and  the success for most Android players are using Kodi and not VidOn.

Not surprise that Egreat will switch to Kodi as the default player in the near future.

Q5 Pro bo stock.

Quick check at Lazada and Qoo10 found Q10 Pro only and at Aliexpress ... only Q5 Pro with Android 5.1 which is not recommended unless you are prepare to spend hours upgrading the OS to 7.0 and firmware.

Alternatively you can buy the Chinese version (you have to install Google and your preferred Apps from Play Store) from this website: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=19731836098&spm=a230r.7195193.1997079397.8.ciL5Yf&abbucket=4&sku_properties=1627207:44502

Another option is to buy the EGreat ...

Egreat with VidOn and Himedia is with Kodi and  the success for most Android players are using Kodi and not VidOn.

Not surprise that Egreat will switch to Kodi as the default player in the near future.

Are you able to get the audio passthrough to work on Kodi?

to use Kodi pass thru > system > audio > 5.1/7.7 > passthru enable > select all the decode on the list to match your AVR > exit > goto Q10pro setup > audio > digital > Raw / direct > restart Kodi.