The Pioneer SP-BS22-LR thread

Wow, Bronze-1 can get $400 a pair?

If can then it would be an interesting PK. Afaik, speakers at around the $400 mark new are the Wharfedale Diamond 220, Usher S-520 and Advanced Audio Acoustics JM 3/5A which might be worthy contenders. Just musing :)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

purchased 2 pair of bs22 from amazon before i learn of the new Elac debut speaker. I ordered another pair of Elac B5 and 1C5. B5 arrived 1st and i just hook it up. I am very pleased with this purchased. Now waiting for my Centre pcs to arrived and next will be getting a sub to complete my setup. anyone here have experience shipping sub from  the US? was think of getting a VTF-3

Bro dekinchu, congrats on your shopping spree!

I bought a cheap Polk Audio sub a while ago along with a cheap Power Bright step-down transformer (2 x amp wattage) because the shipping was free and needed something just for the boom dept because my old HT sub finally died after 10 years.

If you have to pay for shipping and the step-down for local voltage...maybe could consider a local purchase.

As for BS22, if bought cheap and still in a box maybe other bros may want them...its after all a different price point comparing with the Debut B5 and B6.

If can then it would be an interesting PK. Afaik, speakers at around the $400 mark new are the Wharfedale Diamond 220, Usher S-520 and Advanced Audio Acoustics JM 3/5A which might be worthy contenders. Just musing :)

Bro whyeme or anyone auditioned the Wharfedale Diamond 220 before? Quite curious...cannot try every pair of bookshelves in the market, even if they are mid-price and even if I can really raise the $...cannot increase any more footprint.

Bro whyeme or anyone auditioned the Wharfedale Diamond 220 before? Quite curious...cannot try every pair of bookshelves in the market, even if they are mid-price and even if I can really raise the $...cannot increase any more footprint.

Bro you want small footprint speakers? Buy BOSE jewel cubes. Best in the world.

Just kidding  ;D

I did listen to the Wharfedale 220 briefly, and if my audio memory serves me correct, it has a warmer, more laid-back presentation than the B6.

Bro you want small footprint speakers? Buy BOSE jewel cubes. Best in the world.

Just kidding  ;D

I did listen to the Wharfedale 220 briefly, and if my audio memory serves me correct, it has a warmer, more laid-back presentation than the B6.

Np. Just cannot buy anymore unless I offload something in the speaker dept... ;D

Elac Debut B6

Almarro M1A (fav...1-inch solid oak all round)

Zu Audio Omen Def Mk.I-B

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR (boxed and in store room)

Np. Just cannot buy anymore unless I offload something in the speaker dept... ;D

Elac Debut B6

Almarro M1A (fav...1-inch solid oak all round)

Zu Audio Omen Def Mk.I-B

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR (boxed and in store room)

Wow omen def. You shipped in yourself? I am running the standard omen. Loving it.

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

The older Jap Almarro M1A, just over a foot high, is over 8 kg a piece completely solid Hokkaido oak all round. Its got a rubbery driver with deep lows and well controlled resonance, the tweeter is small but produce very lively and engaging highs without being too bright. Enjoy them most with Jap drums, play whole album, e.g. Ondekoza's Fujiyama.

Zu Audio Omen Def (not to be confused with the $xx,xxxx Definition),  100dB sensitivity full range with a punch, very musical...can be driven by just 2W...like them for tube amps esp. SET/SEP. Got them from Sound Consultants, the authorised dealer for Zu.

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 months later...

Hi,

anyone knows where to get the Pioneers in SG and what the current price is ?

Also anyone running these with a turntable ?

thx

They were last sold at Courts for $399 a pair, which isn't exactly cheap. Getting from Amazon/eBay will be a much better deal as I remembered I got a pair (in the past) for about S$180 (incl. shipping).

• 1 year later...