Ansuz Acoustics "DarCz" Footers Thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there are quite a handful of people who recently purchased the Ansuz Acoustics "DarCz" Footers from Bro Giraffe, I'm sure there will be a lot share on the experience with it.  I'm starting the ball rolling by sharing mine.

I collected 2 sets of the footers last Friday  What would be interesting for me is to see if 4 footers is better than 3.  Since day 1 when I got into this hobby, I have been using only 3 footers for every components.

I replaced the 3 Symposium Rollerblocks Series II under the CDP with the DarCz.  What was immediately noticeable was a significant increase in air, timbre and micro dynamics.  Bass is slightly extended.

I then introduced the 4th footer under the CDP and find that it is less airy.

Likewise for the amp, I replaced the 3 Symposium Rollerblocks Series II with the DarCz.  What I heard is pretty consistent with the CDP....except that this time, the difference is not by a big margin.  Introducing the 4th footer under the amp, layering and separation seem to be a tad clearer.

As for using 3 or 4 footers, from the initial listening, my guess....lighter components, 3 footers seem to work better.

Having said these, I do find the Symposium Rollerblocks slightly richer in the mid comparing it with the DarCz.

I'm sure that's more to explore with the footers....maybe a mixed of rollerblocks with the DarCz?  ???

But that will be for another time.

Cheers  ;)

Bros, you guys are playing way too fast for me to catch up....I'm still playing around with my 2 sets of aluminum  :'(

Anyway, sorry for overdue report on my exploration with the footers which I said I will post.  Managed to squeeze sometime today with my buddy to play with the footers.  Tried a few varieties and ended with the best combination for my source.....2 DarCz/Darkz (with a 50 cents coin sandwiched between the footer and player) under the front of the player, 2 Symposium Rollerblocks Tungsten Carbide ball under the back of the player.

We were floored by what we heard....as if a new component was introduced into the set up.  The sonic signatures for both the DarCz/Darkz and Rollerblocks were very audible.  The bass is extended and clean...enhanced mid which is rich and lush....super airy with the best decay I ever heard on my set up.  Micro dynamic was also much better.

Bro G told me about the diamonds.  Couldn't wait to see what wonders they could do further.

Bro@Arcustic, stack your 2 sets of Aluminium if you have the ballz.

You need 12 to do that. Hope you still have the CR ballz.

Thanks Bro G for the recommendation.  Unfortunately, I don't have enough balls to stack....I have only 1 set of CR = 3 balls  >:(

Let me explore further and will be in touch with you.

Cheers.

Hi Brolers,

Today I played with 7 sets of the highest end footers: stacked 2 layers on TSDX, 1 layer each on DAC2X, Annie40, Ref150, and under each speaker. I reached unprecedented 'high' equal to the taking the most venomous poison ever..about died standing. Neber ever reach this level before...so so heavenly happy!!!!

Whooooooaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I orlered 30 sets total, one set for each equipment, but because stacking brings such benefits, will definitely need more sets.

Neber know footers can be this deadly...

Each set so expensive (MSRP 2400), this is really painful...really no way of turning back Liao...

Wah!! that's a lot of dough.  Won't it make more sense to buy better equipment?

I always find tweaks very equipment dependent.  Once change equipment, the tweak may not work on the new equipment

I think it's hard to go above the TSDX and DAC2X and the 40th Anniversary at the moment ;)

One thing I have to say about Giraffe's Signature stuff is that they tend to work very well in most balanced systems.

I am still using the ancient Cold Rays. I had them on a table somewhere after I moved my gear underneath my study table. With some free time, I thought I might as well put it under the MPS-5 and the Ayon CD5S (also acting as a preamp). I wasn't expecting a real difference cos I was just doing background listening while I am on my computer but even then, there's more air and the soundstage seemed less congested.

I rarely ever speak too positively about tweaks, but the diamond footers are very good..

Like all footers, they have pro/cons, but the pros are very powerful on these ones. If you love mid-range sweetness, this really manages to bring it out, amongst other benefits.

A few levels above the aluminium IMO, which honestly I didn't quite like.

If you ever do an AB between the two, I don't think you will want to look back.

I haven't compare to other footers of this price range before though, but am quite impressed at how far footers can go.

It looks exactly the same as Aluminium but has a sticker to say it is Diamond.

Price is $1200 for a set of 4s compare to Aluminum which is $640 if you order today.

Both no stock, should arrive by first week of Dec.

Ceramic / Ceramic is $800 (4s) . Available in very small quantities. Also the same in looks, but beige in color.

Picture below is Diamond, side with sticker is at the bottom.

Can I have 4 stickers pls? :D

website got say meh?

hmm.. i copied this from the website

"In our quest to create the ultimate decoupler we tested a DARKZ Diamond. Coating the DARKZ sandwich construction with genuine diamond. The diamond version appears dark, almost black but with a unique surface. Diamond, who is known as one of the world's hardest materials, removes any elasticity left in the decoupler and gives a 100% pure and deep drainage of unwanted noise and vibration - the experience of HIFI equipment decoupled with DARKZ Diamond is of another world, not just sound good, it also feels absolutely fantastic."

not sure which is part of the 'sandwich construction'.. sound like whole thing but could be just the parts that link to each other.

hmm.. i copied this from the website

"In our quest to create the ultimate decoupler we tested a DARKZ Diamond. Coating the DARKZ sandwich construction with genuine diamond. The diamond version appears dark, almost black but with a unique surface. Diamond, who is known as one of the world's hardest materials, removes any elasticity left in the decoupler and gives a 100% pure and deep drainage of unwanted noise and vibration - the experience of HIFI equipment decoupled with DARKZ Diamond is of another world, not just sound good, it also feels absolutely fantastic."

not sure which is part of the 'sandwich construction'.. sound like whole thing but could be just the parts that link to each other.

thanks.

i see. only diamond coating.

diamond coating (or more commonly called Amorphous (a-C) and hydrogenated amorphous carbon (a-C:H) coating in the industrial world) are said to imbue coated surfaces with high hardness, low friction, chemical inertness, and resistance to wear.

all very good thing to have for isolation footers, which often have to withstand tremendous weights concentrated over very tiny spots over prolonged periods of time.

my experience with steel roller-balls onto aluminium in the past have shown me that deep scratches will inevitably be carved into the aluminium surfaces, which will impede the rolling action, hampering the ability of the footer devices to truely "roll-out" surface vibrations.

theorectially, diamond coated surfaces will offer greater hardness to avoid scratches and wear.

another benefit of diamond coating is that it is "slicker" than steel - meaning its surfaces are smoother and more friction-free, which will reduce "chatter" and provides better rolling action.

but whether diamond coatings offer better drainage of resonance - i think nobody can say.

diamond coating process not cheap. which explain why the diamond version of darkz jump so much in price.

;D

thanks.

i see. only diamond coating.

diamond coating (or more commonly called Amorphous (a-C) and hydrogenated amorphous carbon (a-C:H) coating in the industrial world) are said to imbue coated surfaces with high hardness, low friction, chemical inertness, and resistance to wear.

all very good thing to have for isolation footers, which often have to withstand tremendous weights concentrated over very tiny spots over prolonged periods of time.

my experience with steel roller-balls onto aluminium in the past have shown me that deep scratches will inevitably be carved into the aluminium surfaces, which will impede the rolling action, hampering the ability of the footer devices to truely "roll-out" surface vibrations.

theorectially, diamond coated surfaces will offer greater hardness to avoid scratches and wear.

another benefit of diamond coating is that it is "slicker" than steel - meaning its surfaces are smoother and more friction-free, which will reduce "chatter" and provides better rolling action.

but whether diamond coatings offer better drainage of resonance - i think nobody can say.

diamond coating process not cheap. which explain why the diamond version of darkz jump so much in price.

;D

Not a new concept in footer technology;  in 2006, Japanese manufacturer Kripton had already made such types of DLC footers

for a less atrocious price. they won Japanese Audio Audio Excellence (AEX) award in 2006 and some Video Grand Prix (VGP) awards in 2007

DLC which is industry first advanced technology (the diamond like carbon) for the maniac of the Takasina rank which coating is done it is the DLC insulator in the pure titanium insulator. DLC (the amorphous diamond thin film) acoustic physical quality improves substantially by the fact that coating it does, until now natural can obtain the sound quality strongly with clearing which is not. There are 2 type 3 models of “flat type” and “software spike type”. 1.DLC (non crystal diamond) material quality DLC (the amorphous diamond) it has the propagation speed of sound of approximately 2 times that titanium. This DLC with the plasma ion plating, the action which lets escape the vibration of the equipment to the floor by coating doing on the surface of the pure titanium whose hardness is large, improved substantially, reached the point where clear you can obtain the sound quality more. 2. Ultimate brace silicon material O ring The silicon rubber material O ring which shows the effect of the brace of damping and the floor of the natural frequency of the titanium metal was adopted. This material is the material which is superior very much in strength, withstanding pressure characteristic and movement characteristic. 3. “Flat type”, “software spike type” 2 type 3 models We prepared 2 types of flat type and software spike type. As for software spike type, point contact because of the structure which designates the contact area as the big circular arc, without damaging the equipment, it can obtain the spike effect. You can use in the chart reverse side whichever aspect with sound and the installation circumstance which are the taste.

Check KRIPTON IS-70ti/3 DLC/Pure Titanium Vibration Isolator-SET OF 3

Would encourage connoisseurs of footers to check out this alternative option

;D ;D ;D

Not a new concept in footer technology;  in 2006, Japanese manufacturer Kripton had already made such types of DLC footers

for a less atrocious price. they won Japanese Audio Audio Excellence (AEX) award in 2006 and some Video Grand Prix (VGP) awards in 2007

Check KRIPTON IS-70ti/3 DLC/Pure Titanium Vibration Isolator-SET OF 3

Would encourage connoisseurs of footers to check out this alternative option

;D ;D ;D

good recommendations!

;D

Guest durianlover88

These kripton footers got ball ball or not?

Always need to AB, broler G - we should get one set to AB and maybe can demo difference...

These kripton footers got ball ball or not?

Always need to AB, broler G - we should get one set to AB and maybe can demo difference...

According to Quest, he does not cares about the balls, to him Aluminium with balls sucks....it's the diamonds coating  that works  ;D ;D ;D

So the thing to look out for is Diamond coating, not balls or no balls  ;)

I rarely ever speak too positively about tweaks, but the diamond footers are very good..

Like all footers, they have pro/cons, but the pros are very powerful on these ones. If you love mid-range sweetness, this really manages to bring it out, amongst other benefits.

A few levels above the aluminium IMO, which honestly I didn't quite like.If you ever do an AB between the two, I don't think you will want to look back.

I haven't compare to other footers of this price range before though, but am quite impressed at how far footers can go.

If nobody bring in, I will bring in. I will buy direct from manufacturer.

You know how much I like these things that I never will know on my own.

If got some more similar, please post. I neber get tired trying new things.

Giraffe Signature really has too few good things to sell.

Giraffe Signature tried to be dealer for Aural Symphonics but unsuccessful.

Either Giraffe Signature is too small or Singapore Market is too small for AS.

Shold be a good Glass.

I wish to talk to Anthony / HER.

Maybe I can sub from him, now that I am a (small) dealer.

Have to start somewhere.

Thanks Hotbird.

You got click on the link I posted or not, your competitor MusiclinkAV already sells Kripton...too late.

I expect to receive some complimentary footers soon , wink, wink  ;) ;)

CD Acoustics Jimmy used to sell tons of Aural Symphonics cables in the 80s/90s, when they were the hottest darlings for power cords and cables in HK magazines.

I used to own so many Aural Symphonics cables. If CD Acoustics have to give it up, I dunno what magic you have to sell them  ;D

Giraffe Signature tried to be dealer for Aural Symphonics but unsuccessful.

Either Giraffe Signature is too small or Singapore Market is too small for AS.

you should ask anthony how many xds-1 has been sold locally (around 30 sets so far?).

then you can project out of this group, how many potential users will upgrade to tsdx/dac2x.

then you can tell AS how many 12K optical cables you can sell this year.