ATC Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest Misterioso

ATC recommends at least 75watts a channel for their entry series.

If you are listening to music at sensible levels, your XS2 at 70watts will be fine.

Personally, I would not go larger than an SCM11 with that amp. I would power the SCM19 and SCM40 with at least 100w per channel, for my preferred results.

We do have very attractive discounts on the ATC P1 amplifier if you buy it as a package together with any ATC speakers.

Stop by the showroom for a chat!

Thank you Joel for your clarification.

All the best for your efforts in bringing this showroom to us.

No matter how much we can vouch for the magical ATC sound, :-D let's hope you can surprise some doubters with your set-up too!

Best Regards,

Ian.

Just to put power in perspective, my 70watter Naim NAP250 had a thermal shutdown when driving the SCM19 beyond 90db in my room. The 75w 135 monos worked fine but it was only after I modded it to a 90w recently that I am fully satisfied that power is enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Joel, your new showroom looks absolutely awesome!

Stylish and Cozy  ;D

Thanks Earfonia. Do hope to see you soon!

Update - we have the Special Edition SCM100 set up in our other room for those of you interested in the active Tower series and would like to have an idea of how they perform. The Prism Sound Lyra going into the SE100s sounds absolutely amazing!

885638_10155838678215571_3633625663991249675_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

In the recently concluded Malaysia Hifi show, there were some really good rooms and quite few very good systems. While the Naim statement room took the No.1 spot (IMO), the No.2 spot "unexpectedly" went to the ATC SCM50 (active) driven by the ATC preamp and a simple Ayre universal player. It was unexpected because it was just lying in one area in a big AV/PRO room where multiple systems were being demonstrated. Many did not even noticed that an ATC is also in that room. Whenever I went into the room the ATC system was lying idle and I had it all to myself to play my stuff ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ATC SIACD - CD Integrated Amplifier

Not to be overlooked! The SIACD makes for a very nice companion to a pair of SCM7, SCM11, SCM19 and SCM40 speakers.

New class AB “grounded source” power amp stages offering class leading performance

USB, coaxial and optical inputs

2 x line level analogue inputs

1 x analogue pre-out

On-board CD Player

Front panel mounted headphone amplifier

Black and Silver anodised finish options

6 year warranty*

Hand built in the UK

“This is a no-compromise ‘music centre’ for those willing to look beyond the mini-system norm, hand-built in Britain, backed with a six-year warranty and capable of delivering the kind of sound for which you might expect to need a separate CD player, amplifier and power amp. It’s really not hard to see the appeal of this package…”  Andrew Everard, Gramophone, February 2014.

Hi-Fi Choice review of the SCM40

'In essence, you get a large, wideband sound that’s starker and more open than anything else I’ve heard at this price. This is made more apparent by its superb bass; arguments rage about the relative merits of infinite baffle boxes, but ATC has got this one working brilliantly.'

HiFi Wigwam review of the SCM40

'The bottom line.. I’m sold. I can’t live without them. I need them in my life and will have to make the change.'

• 2 weeks later...

Prism Sound Lyra review

For those of you interested in a mastering quality audio interface with high performance AD/DA converters, do consider the Prism Sound Lyra.

AD inputs on the front panel of the Lyra 2 have on-board RIAA EQs - this means that you can connect your turntable directly into the Lyra for playback or to archive your vinyl collection.

Digital inputs include optical and SPDIF/AES ( Lyra2 ) - connect your CD player and the Lyra becomes a high quality 'pre-amp'.

The Lyra also comes with a high quality headphones amplifier.

Both Lyra1 and Lyra2 are available for demo in our showroom. Do stop by for a listen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SCM40A Review from ToneAudio August Edition ( page 139 )

“The mid range is the money zone in speakers, and never is this truer than with the SCM40As. The soft dome is a revelation, especially with acoustic guitars. The romantic Mexican string style in “Puesta Del Sol” by Sean Harkness combines mellow richness with clarity. This accuracy is a hallmark of ATC.”

“If you’re tired of the cable and equipment hassle, I can’t suggest a better pair of active speakers than the ATC SCM40As. They produce sound well beyond what their price tag suggests, especially considering that you will eliminate at least a few thousand dollars in speaker cables and power amplifiers.”

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...