Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zigg;161483 wrote:
Yeah, I'm just about to order and I see no free shipping option so I might hold off
:(
What happened to that banner that had October 2012 on it?!

It actually got changed to Jan 15th shortly after that unfortunately. Who knows, maybe they'll wait a month to see what the change in the volume of orders is and reinstate it? *is hopeful*

Fortunately I placed a couple of large pre orders whilst the free shipping was still available. One order for the complete James Bond collection and another order for 8 new release movies that will be released over the next 3 months. Free shipping applies to these orders and I can cancel an order or one item in the order in the meantime if I want to. This is unlikely as prices are very good and unlikely to get a cheaper option elsewhere.

For those interested, JB Hi-Fi are selling the Boardwalk Empire BD for $26.98. It was in today's Herald Sun but I am not sure how long this is for. I assume it will last until Sunday but you best check to be sure.

Guest PLG1962

For those interested, JB Hi-Fi are selling the Boardwalk Empire BD for $26.98. It was in today's Herald Sun but I am not sure how long this is for. I assume it will last until Sunday but you best check to be sure.

Yes its until Sunday as noted on JB site

Thanks, been tempted one too many times by this one now purchased

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd-genres/drama-romance/boardwalk-empire-season-1-blu-ray-limited-edition/656707

Mark X;161547 wrote:
Fortunately I placed a couple of large pre orders whilst the free shipping was still available. One order for the complete James Bond collection and another order for 8 new release movies that will be released over the next 3 months. Free shipping applies to these orders and I can cancel an order or one item in the order in the meantime if I want to. This is unlikely as prices are very good and unlikely to get a cheaper option elsewhere.

How did you manage that ?

Free shipping only applied to items in stock and not pre-orders (?).

Well, this thread has near died since Amazon uk stopped free shipping...

But I found one

Boardwalk Empire Season 1 Limited with Artbook for $27 at JB

http://www.jbhifionl...-edition/656707

mmmm 'tis was found earlier - and added into the Australian Bargain thread - this thread was usually kept for the overseas stuff (however since the new version of the site - 2nd level thread descriptions have now disappeared).

agreed - there's little to get excited with anything overseas at the moment - the ceasation of the free shipping has killed sales / interest. It's going to be a longgggg year until the next Black Friday sale in the US and Xmas 2012 !

So, anyone who bit the bullet and ordered Boardwalk Empire from JB in the past couple of days had their bluray ship?

Not that I am surprised that it hasn't but 3 days for an 'In Stock' item is beyond pathetic.

According to another forum piost. Its actually a distributer price cut by half due to poor sales. Even though it was only relesed around 3 weeks ago.

Limited Edition With Bonus Disc* & Photo Book Exclusive To JB Hi-Fi

*Bonus Disc contains the first episode of Season 2

The way Australian retailers and distributors work it may mean there is a mastering error and they are betting most wont notice and a large slice of those who do wont be motivated to do anything about it.

When I used to work for national, multi brand, retailer the strategy for large quantaties of dodgy product quality was to "Red Light Special" them as we knew only a small proportion would be returned ..... sad to say this used to also be done with stock where there was a high possibility we would be advised (health dept, fair trading or others) not to continue selling it .... so managments mantra was :"sell as much as we can, while we can"

Edited by Guest

Guest PLG1962

Target are having 20% DVD/Bluray off until Tomorrow, as I am sure has been noted elsewhere.

Picked up Johnny English: Reborn triple-play pack from Target for $23.20. It's currently $35-ish at JB.

Yes 3 posts up actually