Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

I just bought a number of blurays from amazon.co.uk. I looked in alot of places locally, but nothing came close in terms of price. I had bought some blurays from JB just after xmas with the 20% sale. I thought buying Planet Earth+Life on bluray for $120 (normally $150) was a good saving, until I saw it for 37 pounds in the UK, that's approx $70 delivered !

My ordered arrived in 9 days ! simply outstanding. In comparison to local stores...I bought a DVD set for my daughter from the ABCShop in December (was an xmas present). One of the discs is faulty, and I'm still getting stuffed around to get it replaced, or simply them getting it into their store. A 3rd call today and they finally decide to ring the manufacturer to what out what the problem is...only to come back to tell me, oh yes it's in stock, it will take 10 day from now...I first asked for a replacement on 28th December. They, HN, and other retailers wonder why people buy OS. I'll only buy locally now if the price difference is only minor.

Yeah, unless you were unlucky like me and ordered Battle Royale, which got released when the UK was having cold issues, and the royal mail ****es decided to throw away shipments rather than deliver them.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh crap I just read it's a different transfer to the Special Edition and it only has Dolby Digital.... arg well that sucks. I thought the only difference would be the special features or whatever. Lame.

Bugga - just canceled mine ... annoyingly this was the first time they have put the other titles into shipping almost immediately so I can;t cancel them - sneaky bastards!

Edited by Guest

I just bought a number of blurays from amazon.co.uk. I looked in alot of places locally, but nothing came close in terms of price. I had bought some blurays from JB just after xmas with the 20% sale. I thought buying Planet Earth+Life on bluray for $120 (normally $150) was a good saving, until I saw it for 37 pounds in the UK, that's approx $70 delivered !

My ordered arrived in 9 days ! simply outstanding.

I just ordered Planet Earth from Amazon.co.uk too. Worked out to be only $29.10 delivered! I also grabbed Star Trek which I haven't seen here for less than $40. All up about $47 for both.

Billy.

I also grabbed Star Trek which I haven't seen here for less than $40.

Billy.

Paramount titles are rarely discounted, i.e. Transformers, Top Gun, The Untouchables (both $38 at JB)............

Paramount titles are rarely discounted, i.e. Transformers, Top Gun, The Untouchables (both $38 at JB)............

Yes this has been the case for sometime now :( i was very suprised a few months ago when JB added Top Gun and Saving Private Ryan to there 2 4 $30 or $15.98 each,but yeah transformer and even older titles like Ferris Bueller and Deep Impact are always priced quite high :(

Cheers Ryan

Amazon UK have dropped a couple of boxsets that I was watching:

Alien Anthology Blu Ray set now 27.99 (pounds), I think before Xmas it reached as low as about 25.

amazon alien boxset

Star Trek 10 disc boxset now 69.97 (pounds)

amazon star trek

Just put them amongst an order for 7 Blu Ray discs.

One thing that I think may be noteworthy. They have a deal that is 2 for 15 pounds, if you place an order with a pair in, they take the VAT off before they apply the 2 for 15, so in my case, I picked up Mars Attacks and Nanny McPhee, both came down to about 8.33 after VAT removal, then they applied the 2 for 15, making them 7.50 each, no VAT removal of that price.

I have asked the question of their help system, but will not lose too much sleep.

Happy shopping

Woody

Edited by woodvaliens

Anyone know any good UK price check sites for Blus and games? I used to use hdanddvdbargains but it has been brioken for the last month and there is not even a contact email on the site to let the fools know their site no longer works. They still send emails.

Anyone know any good UK price check sites for Blus and games? I used to use hdanddvdbargains but it has been brioken for the last month and there is not even a contact email on the site to let the fools know their site no longer works. They still send emails.

Well you've got http://uk.lightningdrops.com/ & another i've found recently is http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

Not sure if the latter does games.

you can also 'try' DVDSCOUT - http://dvdscout.net/?filter=BFF30000200

try the filters - changed in 1 or 2 days - and the saving percentages - AND set it to AUD and ADVANCED filter to Blu !!

It's kinda reliable - BLACK price numbers indicate lowest price - BLUE numbers indicate not the lowest price ! (Hover over price to see the lowest and when) (It used to have the ability to check price changes over periods but this has since gone)

Edited by tonyjg

I just ordered Planet Earth from Amazon.co.uk too. Worked out to be only $29.10 delivered! I also grabbed Star Trek which I haven't seen here for less than $40. All up about $47 for both.

Billy.

Arrived first thing this morning. Ordered 21 Jan, arrived 28 Jan. Cheaper AND faster than JB Online :)

Cheaper AND faster than JB Online :)

NOT unusual - Sadly .... JB Online are hopeless ... takes them a month to ship, even for titles they claim are "In Stock"

Billy.

Ordered both Planet Earth and Life $49.87 delivered from Amazon Uk. :D

It's Riggs and Murtaugh time!!! Lethal Weapon collection at 25quid. For the longest time, i had this in my cart at 32quid. Glad i held out.  Can't wait to watch the best buddy cop movies, all 4 in a row. I believe it's region free (read it an earlier thread)

wow... no posts since the 17 Jan.... Blu sales in Australia must be severly depressing !!

in any case - supposedly the LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG JB sales (2 for 20 / 2 for 30) finish this Sunday.

Probably reaching the time limit that would define them as "normal" prices (under the TPA) .... Copper Art got in big trouble for claiming sale prices when it was clear they had been selling at those prices for several months.

Probably reaching the time limit that would define them as "normal" prices (under the TPA) .... Copper Art got in big trouble for claiming sale prices when it was clear they had been selling at those prices for several months.

Am I asking too much if I hope they put up new sales/promotions? :unsure: