Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

Yep, it has 2 bd's and 1 DVD and is definately labeled as the bd edition.

Curious, as I noticed an absolute HEAP of (what I assumed were) DVD versions on shelves in Target, they were everywhere! But I could not find a Blu Ray at all (I was looking for the blue case) ... so I asked the counter chick and she had a heap (in BD cases) under the counter and she gave me one adding that "there should be plenty of Blu Rays out on the shelves!" .. I told her I looked but could only see DVDs and left it at that.

I hope we are not going to see the homogenization of BDs into DVD cases - it is going to make things very confusing and upset the continuity of my (now mainly BD cases) collection.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we are not going to see the homogenization of BDs into DVD cases - it is going to make things very confusing and upset the continuity of my (now mainly BD cases) collection.

In the UK a lot of the Disney titles seem to be released in both blu-ray and DVD packaging, presumably to appease DVD collectors who don't want to muck up their shelf with out-of-place BD cases.

As long as both versions are available it doesn't bother me. That said, now that most BDs include a DVD copy of the film, it's surprising that people are still buying the DVD-only versions when they're only $5 cheaper.

D,

Is there a BD disc inside?

Yep, it has 2 bd's and 1 DVD and is definately labeled as the bd edition.

The one saving grace is that it matches my Toy Story 1 & 2 DVD Boxset :P

Edited by dJOS

Just came across Lethal Weapon 1-4 boxset at the Warehouse. Price $44.99. Back of the case shows audio as being DD 5.1 for Lethal Weapon 1 & 2 and DTS HD MA 5.1 for Lethal Weapon 3 & 4.

If anyone has bought this set can you please confirm that Lethal Weapon 1 and 2 don't come with lossless soundtracks. I am hoping that the packaging is incorrect and 1st 2 movies do come with DTS HD MA soundtracks.

The Lethal Weapon boxset in the UK definitely comes with DTS HD MA 5.1 soundtracks on all 4 movies. Price is dearer but I would be willing to pay more for the superior soundtracks on the 1st 2 movies.

I wouldn't think so.

However, I read on a Forum that for some titles, the BD+DVD in a DVD case is sometimes substantially cheaper than the identical BD+DVD in a BD case: the reason given was that the studios are concentrating their incentives on weaning the consumer onto Bluray by any means possible.

If you are not too fussed about a case, or can source Bluray cases cheaply, the DVD case version might be a way to save money in those circumstances.

Just got the Predators Trilogy for $19.95 an The Goonies 25th Anniversary Edition for $24.95 from VideoEzy. Both absolute bargains (the Predators one especially).

photo.jpg

Won't let me insert the image for some reason?!

Goonies is $20 at JB, but that Predators price is so low it must be a mistake surely! Predators itself isn't lower than $28 anywhere.

Goonies is $20 at JB, but that Predators price is so low it must be a mistake surely! Predators itself isn't lower than $28 anywhere.

Yep, not the best price for Goonies but the Predator trilogy for 19.95 more than makes up from it, it's 89.95 everywhere else

I dare say someone priced that wrong, quick go back and buy all the other copies for 19.95, I will buy one from you for $30 :)

dafman;139962 wrote:
Planet of the Apes Collection blu-ray $54 incl. shipping from amazon UK. Not bad for the 4 movies. Also getting the Omen Trilogy,cheaper still. Only really interested in the first films of each, but pricing too good to turn down the complete sets.

I ordered this Planet of the Apes collection last week. It is actually 5 movies not 4. Like you I am only really interested in the 1st movie but unfortunately you can't buy the 1st movie by itself from the UK. There is a Region A stand alone release of the 1st movie but I do not have a region free blu ray player. I will still watch all of the movies though.

Just got the Predators Trilogy for $19.95 an The Goonies 25th Anniversary Edition for $24.95 from VideoEzy. Both absolute bargains (the Predators one especially).

I checked my local Video Ezy and they had Predator Trilogy there for $54.95. I think they must have mis-priced it! Lucky Bugger!!

photo.jpg

Won't let me insert the image for some reason?!

I checked my local Video Ezy and they had Predator Trilogy there for $54.95. I think they must have mis-priced it! Lucky Bugger!!
My Local Video Ezy has the Predator Trilogy for $92.95!!

Has anyone tried printing that receipt and price matching yet?

Has anyone tried printing that receipt and price matching yet?

Good Point - I haven't, but I'd anticipate we'd need a proper tax receipt rather than a EFTPOS receipt.

I've pulled this from Video EZY's Price Guarantee on their Website:

Price Guarantee

‘You’ll buy our Price Guarantee title for the cheapest price in Australia or we’ll beat any lower advertised price by $1.’ (Only applies to nominated Price Guarantee title).

*You may find a commercial advertisement by a competitor at a lower price than our advertised price in the 10 days from the advertised Video Ezy release date. If so, simply bring in the advertisement and if we haven’t discounted our price already, we will beat the competitors advertisement by $1 instantly. A copy of the competitor’s advertisement must be presented to obtain offer. In the event that you have already purchased an identical product from Video Ezy in the 10 days from the advertised Video Ezy release date we will refund you the difference plus $1(Excludes clearance and percentage off promotions). Only valid at original Video Ezy store of purchase. If you have already purchased an identical product from Video Ezy proof of purchase must be presented to obtain offer. Competitors must be in stock of the item. Offer valid on identical product version and edition in stock at a local retailer. Offer valid 10 days from the advertised Video Ezy release date. While stocks last. At participating Video Ezy stores.

So definately would be worth a try!! Not sure if Predators Trilogy would qualify as a price guarantee product?!? Let me know how you go, I can't get back in to mine for the next few days!!

Edited by ELK007