Blu Ray Discs Bargains thread - please list them as you find them

ARIKIP;85503 wrote:
Which warehouse in Aucks do people recommend that has a good range of Blu-rays?

I don't think any do really I'm afraid... I go to Manukau, Botany, & Sylvia Park regularly and occassionally to Pakuranga & Downtown. Manukau & Sylvia Park are 2 of the biggest TWLs in the country (in floor space terms) and don't seem to have any more BDs generally than the much smaller Botany & Pakuranga stores do.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RESIDENT EVIL 1

How come the Original is not available here, yet three other films from the RE franchise released since are?
Different local distributor - films 2 and 3 were via Sony - whilst 1 is a BV release.

Only problem with DVD.CO.UK is that when you click on disc for specs it lists almost every Audio track as Dolby Digital.

Makes it hard to compare to US/OZ releases for the higher speced release etc

I checked the fox UK website to make sure of the audio on the discs before buying from dvd.co.uk

http://www.fox.co.uk/bluray

The disc features page for each title shows the codec.

mycenius;85504 wrote:
I don't think any do really I'm afraid... I go to Manukau, Botany, & Sylvia Park regularly and occassionally to Pakuranga & Downtown. Manukau & Sylvia Park are 2 of the biggest TWLs in the country (in floor space terms) and don't seem to have any more BDs generally than the much smaller Botany & Pakuranga stores do.

I usually would probably go to Pakuranga or downtown which have meagre pickings...also now and again to Sylvia park and Manukau. Oh well ill try Downtown...just a short walk from work...see how that goes.

Anyone interested, King Kong is $32.97 at Big W. I couldnt see Pitch black or Chronicles on the shelf but i suspect they will be the same price. Death Race was $34.97. Seems the pricing of $32.97 for major new releases is not happening anymore.

Bourne trilogy was $79.99 which is the same as JB.

Anyone interested, King Kong is $32.97 at Big W. I couldnt see Pitch black or Chronicles on the shelf but i suspect they will be the same price. Death Race was $34.97. Seems the pricing of $32.97 for major new releases is not happening anymore.

Bourne trilogy was $79.99 which is the same as JB.

Has anyone seen The Incredible Hulk on shelves as yet ? I thought it was due out this week ? I can't imagine it is stickered at JB but what is the best price ?

Has anyone seen The Incredible Hulk on shelves as yet ? I thought it was due out this week ? I can't imagine it is stickered at JB but what is the best price ?

Yeah its at JB in both melb city stores.

Cant remember the price though... sorry.

At a guess I'd say 39.99.

yup - it's in stock...as is the new marvel pack, iron man + incredible hulk for $69.90 - which is cheaper than buying both titles separately at $39.90 each...

PS: this was at the lonsdale st store.

Edited by blue2th

Has anyone seen copies of Before the Devil Knows your dead at JBHIFI ? If you have was it part of the B2G1F

Has this been released in Aus?

The JB Hifi page appears to be working again I can see no differenece to the what was on it before

Mel

I bought 3 BDs from JB today because I was a sucker! I really only wanted Nightmare Before Christmas, but ended up getting with it Hellboy 2 and I, Robot. I would've preferred Baraka (not out yet but on the Online store as part of the bundle).

Anyway, the irony is it's probably gonna sit on the shelf for a few weeks before I would even see them again.

Might have another look at the online store. Incidentally, Hellboy 2 is not on the list there. Hope it's a good movie. :D

If you liked Hellboy (original) Then I am sure you will enjoy the second one too. I think a lot of sequels are in there for the "quick buck", but they spent some money on this one.

As for Sucker, well, I picked up quite a few, but was not going for any in the $39.99 price (new releases), as for me mine were to replace something I already own on DVD, I can wait until they are sub $30 when I already have them on DVD anyway. And the upscale on my Yamaha receiver makes the DVD look quite nice anyway. With the group I picked up from JB (21 Blu-Ray discs from two stores), I admit that one of the discs was one I would not normally have bothered updating from DVD to Blu-Ray, but I wanted the other two, so you know what I mean? Just don't tell my wife that, I was telling her I really had to have them all.

BTW, I think that I Robot and Hellboy really came up looking better in a huge way from DVD to the Blu-Ray versions. Well to my eyes and ears anyway.

Enjoy

Mark

yeah but most of them in here are the one's that drive 20kms to save 2c a litre on petrol :lol:

Yeah, and then only put $5 of petrol in their car, and then do the same thing the next day too !!

And they still think they're saving money.

:)

Yeah, and then only put $5 of petrol in their car, and then do the same thing the next day too !!

And they still think they're saving money.

:)

:lol:

:lol:

But they are saving petrol - not driving around carrying that other $95 worth of petrol (yes it's silly, but so is carbon trading when half your state burns down within one month!)

Seems to be http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/DVD/DVDs_On...G1F_Blu-Ray.htm now

And man, that is a good price on Good luck chuck. I'll buy it to ogle Jessica Alba...

Ummm I think you'll find that they have swapped the images for the DVD ($9.98) and BD ($38.99 Ouch!) .... don't be surprised when you get the DVD delivered, 'cause that's what the description refers to.

It's NOT worth $38.99

Yeah that should work... Note ARKIP that Grex means Methylated Spirits, so don't go rushing out to buy 'P' - although that might help you not see the sticky labels anymore it won't remove them for good! ;)