7.1.4 with overheads in a wide room help!

Hi All

I've been looking at a lot of diagrams for 7.1.4 overheads and they all seem to be the opposite proportion to my room so it';s been tricky to figure out where to put them.

I was hoping somebody could take a look at my plan before I start cutting holes. I have some existing cables so I only have 2 cables to feed the rest I'm hoping to shuffle.

I was hoping to get the overheads nearer the air con vents as they allow me access to the tops to put some enclosures on etc. I still have to check for beams etc but just getting the rough plan down first as the steel frame only has pretty small beams.

If anyone can point out any issues or relocations that would be really helpful. I have a door on one side and a window on the other so the side speakers will have to be roof height unfortunately.

Thanks

Speaker-Diagram.jpg

Looks good to me, but you might consider having the rear surrounds a little wider apart.

Also, if you're ever planning to get a projector, the short throw distance on the current layout will limit your options - a projector would work better with the layout turned 90 degrees clockwise.

• Like 1