Opnions relating to Polk HTS12 subwoofers

Hey Guys,

Just wondering what the overall opinions are around getting a single/pair of HTS12 Subwoofers.

My other options was a SB1000 subwoofer (couldn't afford 2 at the moment)

I like the gloss finish of the SB1000 as it matches my other speakers but I don't mind the walnut finish on the HTS12 Subwoofers.

Hi,

Why not a Paradigm Ultra Cube for $999 @ 650 watts RMS, Single high-excursion driver, dual 254-mm (10 in) balanced-plane, high-velocity passive radiators, built-in advanced Class-D™ amplifier, USB Port / PBK Interface. Power output is 1950 watts Dynamic Peak/650 watts RMS.

From you past forays in HT you have gone through a lot of different things. 

ultracube-12.jpg.a8efa378e96bf20d443043dc1dea99c1.jpg

JJ

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi,

Why not a Paradigm Ultra Cube for $999 @ 650 watts RMS, Single high-excursion driver, dual 254-mm (10 in) balanced-plane, high-velocity passive radiators, built-in advanced Class-D™ amplifier, USB Port / PBK Interface. Power output is 1950 watts Dynamic Peak/650 watts RMS.

From you past forays in HT you have gone through a lot of different things. 

JJ

Thanks very much for the suggestion. Looks like an incredible subwoofer, my only concern might be visuals, the dark black ash finish wasn't quite as nice as the polk.

2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi ,

Which do you believe is more important, sound or looks ??

JJ

2 hours ago, Love_music said:

I would be thinking of sound, you can hide a sub behind a chair, or couch, it doesn't have to be seen.

Very good point, I must admit this would be the first time that looks may take the leading choice. I know that sounds incredibly ignorant and counter productive but there has been so much consideration made to the components picked and the design of the home theatre room that I really wanted the subwoofer to be a real finishing touch.

The one thing with the Polk Subwoofers was I would be able to get 2 for the same price as the Paradigm (mainly as I eventually wanted dual subwoofers)

Edited by MKSOUND_HT