Relist: Transformer coupled Headphone amp

Guest Benjet

Guest Benjet

Item: Transformer coupled Headphone amp (on steroids)
Price: $600 $550 500 450 with money back guarantee.
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: 
After a long search have finally settled on my "perfect" setup
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

It's been many a year since I ventured into the land of headphones and the DIY journey has been filled with wonderful discoveries. It's time to release some of these into the wild for others to enjoy. All these are at below parts cost and have been built and modified and modified again to obtain what I believe is their best sound.

This is basically the same amp as the other one advertised, apart for some major modifications.

• HT power supply has been totally re done. Far superior layout and power filtration (Rubicon and Russian PIO caps). This amp is whisper quite.

• All components (excluding the toroidal transformer, output transformers and tube sockets) have been swapped out for better ones. Mundolf interstage caps, Rubicon filter caps, Hammond choke, Alps pot and plently more.

• Silver solder used throughout. 

• Optimised component layout with internal shielding within case.

• High and low impedance headphone sockets

A lot of time and effort went into this build with exception results. Currently fitted with some nice Russian tubes and I will supply 2 other sets so the new owner can change if necessary. Really sad to see this one go, but I would prefer it being enjoyed by someone than sitting around being unused. Comes with money back guarantee, if you don’t like like, post it back in original condition and I’ll refund you the purchase price. What more can you want.

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0741.JPG

IMG_0742.jpg

Edited by Benjet
Price drop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...