Some enlightenment required

Hi all

Noob here. My current setup is a Rotel RA630 integrated amp paired to Monitor Audio Bronze 5 floor standing speakers.  As I'm looking to purchase the Yamaha WXC-50 to use a streamer would it be possible to connect an active subwoofer to WXC-50 & then run it through the Rotel. Reading other queries here it seems that the WXC-50 can be used in

"player" mode when connecting to an integrated amp but I'm not sure whether it will work when connecting an active subwoofer as well.

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks for this. So with further reading my understanding is that I can use the line level outputs on the powered sub (RCA) & connect these to the Left & Right Pre Out connections on the Rotel using RCA cable.

I think it depends of the sub, if the sub has 2 RCA inputs L&R than 2 cables from preouts but if the sub has 1 than only 1 cable RCA from L or R preout. For music it is recommended to use speaker level outputs so if you are planning to get a sub make sure it comes with those inputs. 

The subwoofer I'm keen on only has line level outputs. I've read about some people using line level converters but opinions seem to be mixed on this. Have also read about SVS wireless audio adapator kits. So i guess my next question is, hypothetically speaking, with all variables been equal, how much better would speaker level outputs be when compared to line level ouputs. Is it that noticeable? 

Thanks again.

Edited by mr gooner

On 15/07/2019 at 12:22 AM, mr gooner said:

The subwoofer I'm keen on only has line level outputs. I've read about some people using line level converters but opinions seem to be mixed on this. Have also read about SVS wireless audio adapator kits. So i guess my next question is, hypothetically speaking, with all variables been equal, how much better would speaker level outputs be when compared to line level ouputs. Is it that noticeable? 

Thanks again.

It makes a huge difference in setting the crossover point.