Links n things

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just audio this one, a Radio NZ Concert feature on the Canterbury scene of the 70's

http://www.radionz.co.nz/concert/programmes/composeroftheweek

Thomas Goss tells us all about these 1970’s British progressive rock groups with funny names such as Caravan, Soft Machine, Gong, Gilgamesh, Hatfield and the North and National Health. They stretched the boundaries of rock music with their virtuosity of repertoire and uncompromising standards, but their style and story has as much to do with their apologetic humour and unwillingness to sell out to record labels as with their masterful playing.

Listening to first episode now, well timed as I've been listening to a bit of Soft Machine & Robert Wyatt lately.

Prog rock advisory: some extended noodling (twenty-plus minute tracks), may not be to everyone's taste. But I like it.

Ilikecrumpets;129054 wrote:
Titanic 2 due for release this summer!

Is that the one where freddy kruger and jason from friday the 13th fight to the death on the deck of the sinking ship

if it is , the story is a rip off from the newly scripted chris carter v phil goff play

entitled DRAMA QUEEN GETS TOLD TO PHILGOFF!!

Luis;129090 wrote:
Haha. If only they'd put Celine Dion in that padded cell, and leave her there.

She would dig her way out with her woodpecker like nose

or shreik so loud as to crystalize the pads and then smash her way out using her hooter

The thread on 50 great guitar albums sent me on a journey that ended up with this little gem I'd forgotten all about.

Midge and Stevie on a tellie add from the 80's. Stevie ended up going out with a kiwi girl, I think it was her in this clip.

Harvey;129594 wrote:
The thread on 50 great guitar albums sent me on a journey that ended up with this little gem I'd forgotten all about.

Midge and Stevie on a tellie add from the 80's. Stevie ended up going out with a kiwi girl, I think it was her in this clip.

That's her, she did some modelling work in Wellington in the 80's and was a very nice and down to earth person to meet. (was in our wider circle of friends back then). Very sad for her when he passed away.

• 3 weeks later...