FS: Sonus Faber Guarneri Momento speakers - PRICE DROP AGAIN

Item: Sonus Faber Guarneri Momento speakers
Price: $9200 $8500 $8250
Item Condition: Almost new (except for leather front panels as there is 2 or 3 small marks on the edges of the leather front baffle, hence the price drop)

Reason for selling: Selling on behalf of my brother - he needs the funds for renovations.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: 

The most beautiful pair of Sonus Fabers, the Guarneri Momento. These exquisite speakers were purchased new by my brother from Audio Connection in NSW who were the Sonus Faber Distributor at the time in March 2010. They present in perfect condition minus a small mark or two on the leather edged front baffle (Can be seen in the images). But you will notice that the ‘string’ grills are in as new condition, i.e. not loose and shabby. They come complete with original timber crate for the speakers and cardboard boxes for the stands. Those that know of this model will know how incredible they sound. They were designed by Franco Serblin as a musical instrument. This model was his last Guarneri before he sold the company and arguably his greatest achievement.

The first three images are from the internet to give you a better sense of their fine furniture grade finish, and sense of scale, as the photos supplied to me by my brother really don't do these beautiful speakers justice.

Sonus Faber Guarneri speakers don’t come up often - if you’re looking for something a little special, and you don’t want to compromise on sound quality, you should consider these speakers. The soundstage and mid range is to die for, and the speakers just sound better every time you connect them to more powerful and refined amplification. I've been running these speakers at my home for the last week, and what they say in the reviews is true - you don't notice that you are listening to a small speaker as the bass coming out of these small beauties is quite simply amazing. Just give them some serious quality power amps to hang off, and you will be gobsmacked. A beautiful classic like no other.

Michael Fremer wrote about these beauties in Stereophile.

Regarding the quality of bass reproduction he wrote:
“I haven't heard the original Guarneri Homage, so I'm not in a position to compare, but it's no overstatement to write that, in my more than two months of listening, the Guarneri memento never produced a sour note, and never failed to astonish and surprise me by producing (among other things) remarkably deep, powerful, well-textured, and nimble bass free of midbass bloat and overhang — at least down to just below 40Hz, which is deep enough for most of the range of both acoustic and electric bass.”

And the superb mid-range and top end:
“The Guarneri mementos' midrange transparency and freedom from congestion or obvious tonal coloration got me as involved in the music as I could be—the subtlest musical and spatial details were revealed with pinpoint precision across and within a far larger, deeper, and stabler soundstage than such small boxes had any business producing. Solo vocalists were rendered with a complete absence of nasality, chestiness, or other obvious distractions, thanks both to the speaker's freedom from midbass bloat and its silky-smooth yet finely detailed top end.”

Alan Sircom wrote in Hi-Fi Choice:

There’s a paradox, here. Sonus Faber reputedly designs all speakers using its own 50-watt Music amplifier. If so, Sonus Faber hasn’t heard how good Songs Faber’s speakers really are. Because, although these speakers sound magical with 50 watts or so delivering the goods, they sound an awful lot more magical with 200 or more up the speaker terminals.

Using the word ‘magical’ twice in the same sentence would be overkill for any other speaker; with the Memento, it’s almost understatement. This is a sensational speaker, possessed of a musical passion that’s all too rare in hi-fi.

Once again, you can set aside all the usual hi-fi requirements (it does all that, perfectly) and become absorbed into the music, into its harmonic richness and texture. You feel a connection with the music that can happen with other small speakers, but is fleeting. On the Guarneri Mememnto, you feel as if you are having a masterclass with Bach and Glenn Gould when playing the Goldberg Variations, or a lesson in abject funkiness when listening to Fred Wesley and the Horny Horns. And you get this on almost every disc played. If there is a downside to the Guarneri Mememnto, it’s that it won’t let you play music in the background - the sound (even at low levels) draws you in.

This isn’t a product you simply listen to. It’s a product you fall in love with. It’s not simply a high-end sound; it’s a magical sound, backed up by one of the best-looking cabinets money can buy. The Guarneri Mememnto will seduce you. Give in to its charms!

Pictures:

4170475709_effe9b2c9a_z.jpg

2016118_201046_ACEIL3.JPG

Lautsprecher-Sonus-Faber-Guarneri-Memento.jpg

Image-3.jpeg

Image-7.jpeg

Image-8.jpeg

Image-9.jpeg

Image-10.jpeg

Image-4.jpeg

Image-6.jpeg

Image-12.jpeg

Image-14.jpeg

Edited by Max Headroom
Price drop
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Chemout2 said:

If they sound as good as they look, must be worth every cent... 

They are very emotional pair of speakers to many people in the world. They are bookshelves and sounded what a very good pair of bookshelves should be plus the beauty of the craftsmanship.  

1 hour ago, audiome said:

U been sarcastic?

No, no, I'm a Sonus faber owner. The last 2 speaker pics show cables / connectors I've not seen before.

Maybe the owner could enlighten us if there's a special match/design that enhance these special speakers etc.