SOLD: FS: Meridian DSP 5000 speakers

SOLD
SOLD

Item: Meridian DSP 5000 speakers
Price: $500
Item Condition: Fair working condition. 
Reason for selling: Upgrade
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Meridian DSP 5000 (18 bit) speakers in working condition, cosmetically the cabinet has some marks and scratches.

Selling just speakers alone no remote or boxes.
Pictures:

20180527_135447(0).jpg

20180520_124430.jpg

20180520_124242.jpg

20180520_124256.jpg

1 hour ago, howze said:

How do they work without the boxes and stuff?

Boxes is a reference to packaging and meridian remote will have all the functions of these speakers at your fingertips. Just plug in your digital source through digital rca cable.

45 minutes ago, Toyboyo said:

I have Meridian remotes I can sell if anyone needs some default_smile.png @howze The speakers have built in dacs so just plug in a digital signal.

Here is a source for a remote ?

Neo

1 hour ago, Neo said:

meridian remote will have all the functions of these speakers at your fingertip

There's nothing special about the remotes - a $29 remote from Jaycar will cover it, though I suspect most people would use a Harmony.

@Mr_Gimlet  IF you owned Meridian gear you would know the remotes are special (you do, don't you?) - they integrate all Meridian gear (and operate it eg CD, DVD etx)  , choose input, change tone and balance as well as have the ability to change the DSP settings which include phase, tweeter axis, height, distance from wall and which speaker is right and left etc etc etc  --very long list in the manual and I cannot remember them all as it I no longer have my Meridian gear after 15 years of great use .... not sure how a Jaycar remote will know these settings and how you would know the equivalents if they exist on a Jaycar remote !!!!

Edited by Toyboyo
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Toyboyo said:

@Mr_Gimlet  IF you owned Meridian gear you would know the remotes are special (you do, don't you?) - they integrate all Meridian gear (and operate it eg CD, DVD etx)  , choose input, change tone and balance as well as have the ability to change the DSP settings which include phase, tweeter axis, height, distance from wall and which speaker is right and left etc etc etc  --very long list in the manual and I cannot remember them all as it I no longer have my Meridian gear after 15 years of great use .... not sure how a Jaycar remote will know these settings and how you would know the equivalents if they exist on a Jaycar remote !!!!

We're talking about speakers only here. All the DSP settings you talk about are not on the remote - they are in the setup menu on the speakers. All the setup menus just need up/down/left/right and enter (and maybe clear to get into the menu in the first place). Meridian uses the standard Philips controls, and a cheap programmable remote will allow you to set up and run the speakers. A Harmony is slightly easier because of the database.

So you don't need a Meridian remote to set up and operate speakers.

Edited by Mr_Gimlet