SOLD: SOLD: SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofer

SOLD
SOLD

Item: SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofer in Gloss Black
Price: $1800 ONO
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Wanting to upgrade to 16.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

https://www.svsound.com/products/sb13-ultra
 Still have original box. Is a monster to transport so come prepared. Fantastic 13" closed box subwoofer for music content. I use it in purely music 2 channel audio setup and it blends very nicely. Happy to let people audition it for music beforehand. I'm only selling it because I'm obsessed with getting the larger one.

Current pricing according to http://deephzaudio.com/SVS Australia pricing page.html is $2,999.00 RRP

Pictures:

Here it is in place in the system:

Bj1QvRB.jpg

3TkRfah.jpgdwBTkLD.jpgb4ELX6m.jpgTcw6VgB.jpg2Q63hc7.jpgKNjdzIr.jpg

Edited by Ittaku

2 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

The sub looks DOPE :thumb:  GLWS...

What is circular frame on a stand? Never seen one like it and got me curious  :)  

Thanks.

It's a Dyson fan. I'm normally not much a dyson fan (grin) but the fan had settings from 1-10 for fanspeed and at 1 it is much quieter than any other fan I could find so it interfered a lot less with the listening experience :) No it is not a quantum purifying oxygen free silver paramagnetism shield or anything like that.. :P

Edited by Ittaku
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ittaku said:

Thanks.

It's a Dyson fan. I'm normally not much a dyson fan but the fan had settings from 1-10 for fanspeed and at 1 it is much quieter than any other fan I could find so it interfered a lot less with the listening experience :) No it is not a quantum purifying oxygen free silver paramagnetism shield or anything like that.. :P

Thank you for the info. Great to know. I may get one myself since I was looking for fan to withstand the heat this summer.  :)  Again, GLWS on the Sub.. Looks superb..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spider27 said:

Thank you for the info. Great to know. I may get one myself since I was looking for fan to withstand the heat this summer.  :)  Again, GLWS on the Sub.. Looks superb..

To be fair, I wouldn't say the fan is "quiet" enough for low level listening, it was just quieter than all the rest and sometimes you just need a light breeze to not feel hot.

56 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

To be fair, I wouldn't say the fan is "quiet" enough for low level listening, it was just quieter than all the rest and sometimes you just need a light breeze to not feel hot.

I got one of these USB powered fans, put it on the floor under my feet, two settings, literally inaudible. Perfect for quite scenes on movies. 5m usb cable, can go anywhere on the floor. Not the best luxury item for the savvy home owner but it does the job, not as fancy as the Dyson WAF fan :)

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/gva-15cm-usb-5v-desk-fan-g15udf16?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI18qh0JL31wIVR3S9Ch0zPAZGEAkYBCABEgLJAPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLyQ29aS99cCFckAvAodZvYPlA

Edited by Carmichael

1 hour ago, Spider27 said:

The sub looks DOPE :thumb:  GLWS...

What is circular frame on a stand? Never seen one like it and got me curious  :)  

ha ha, i asked the same question on a different thread OP had, weird looking thing! GLWS to OP

2 hours ago, PauliD said:

Damn. If it was in Sydney I would find the money to make it happen. GLWTS!

Well it looks like road freight to Sydney with insurance might be doable at about $100 with TNT.

8 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

I recommend e-go, had my SB13U shipped from Brisbane for about $85. Pls note that there should be someone to help at pickup & drop off because the unit is heavy, otherwise extra charges.

Thanks. The quote I got online (including insurance) was about $84 from TNT but I didn't have the actual dimensions and weight and they weren't open so I didn't want to guess exactly how much it would be.

Edited by Ittaku

Inserted lots more pictures with close ups by request. Upon very fine inspection I can see there are some ever so slight swirl marks on the top surface which are invisible upon normal inspection and don't even show up in the photos so it is not absolutely flawless.

It is strange that small sealed subs go quickly to music fans and large ported subs move quickly to movie buffs.  Large sealed subs, however, take longer (and it was the same when I bought mine). For those who are considering this, you are losing nothing with this sub for music and movies. Tight for music but lots of grunt for movies. 

If it was not in gloss & IF better half approves a 3rd sub (unlikely in family room!!!), I may have considered it. :ahappy:

2 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

It is strange that small sealed subs go quickly to music fans and large ported subs move quickly to movie buffs.  Large sealed subs, however, take longer (and it was the same when I bought mine). For those who are considering this, you are losing nothing with this sub for music and movies. Tight for music but lots of grunt for movies.

Well actually the interest level has been pretty good with people asking me questions via PM, mostly about freight to Sydney but no one making the final commitment so I hope it'll sell shortly :)

Edited by Ittaku
  • Like 1

I got dimensions and weights etc. and checked freight and insurance and the quote to Sydney is $92 by road freight if anyone's interested in going down that route so that (and any inconvenience) has to be factored into any offer.

Edited by Ittaku