eBay Listings that make you go "Umm?"

You would have to be crazy to buy from this bloke.

He resides in Australia, the item is in Hong Kong and he has ZERO feed back as a seller.

Perhaps he left out the "ker" between the n and 59 in his eBay user name?

Really - I'm sure I've seen old Naits on UK eBay go for GBP200-300?? Maybe that was a few years ago when there was a glut of nice gear listed...?!

It's all HiFi World's fault. Last year they did a comparison amongst the generations of Naits and declared the Nait 2 the best (though not by much). All of a sudden words like 'classic' 'legend' and 'collectible' started apearing in eBay listings for Nait 2s.

ES

It's all HiFi World's fault. Last year they did a comparison amongst the generations of Naits and declared the Nait 2 the best (though not by much). All of a sudden words like 'classic' 'legend' and 'collectible' started apearing in eBay listings for Nait 2s.

ES

Yeah, I read that article. What's amusing is that you can pick up a 32.5/160 for just over a grand and have something that would blow that Nait 2 out of the water.

Thats my fav hifi mag but must've missed that issue......I got a 12 month subscription in January:)

ES

Yeah, I read that article. What's amusing is that you can pick up a 32.5/160 for just over a grand and have something that would blow that Nait 2 out of the water.

So? It's not a Nait. Haven't you seen the ad? "Mr Vereker makes excedingly good Naits?"

Naits are cool (like fezzes and bow ties)

ES

If you need a good laugh just have a look at the rest of his listings. It appears he has listed the same 2 push bikes four times. Not that he is likely to sell them once let alone 4 times, but i can just imagine the four buyers turning up at the same time to collect their bikes.

He has also listed "urgent sale" for sale, a video player with a BIN of $100 however, it's in such good condition that if he doesn't sell it "in the bin it goes" ?

And there is more. This guy should be given a

eBay Listings that make you go "Umm?"

Award

• 2 weeks later...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ACURUS-A200X3-Audiophile-/110573493032?pt=AU_Electronics_Audio_Amplifiers

For a seller with just 1 feedback, their response to the inquiry is rather surprising.

Or maybe its just me ;)

Well I'm still wondering why it is s attractive to Audiphiles. I mean, I don't drive an Audi but I am still interested...

He is really going out of his way to protect that 100% feedback rating he has carefully built. Why is half the gear for sale had 'minimal use' and been in storage since the day it was bought ? The lazy bugger can be bothered searching for a pic to copy but not enough effort to even link to specs.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NO-SALE-/170529834899?pt=AU_Hi_Fi_Speakers

If you have a look at his other listings he has had 3 goes at listing the speakers. For the first two attempts, he is asking for no bids. Well at least that is how I see it.

I wasn't aware that it was that difficult to prepare an eBay listing. Going by his feed back (53) he has had plenty of experience with eBay but I can only wonder how many of them were "no sale"?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NO-SALE-/170529834899?pt=AU_Hi_Fi_Speakers

If you have a look at his other listings he has had 3 goes at listing the speakers. For the first two attempts, he is asking for no bids. Well at least that is how I see it.

I wasn't aware that it was that difficult to prepare an eBay listing. Going by his feed back (53) he has had plenty of experience with eBay but I can only wonder how many of them were "no sale"?

Certifiable nutter. Ive seen people list without pics and info as for some reason they want the listing up asap (not even to hold a good finishing time?), but this is almost a cry for help!

I'm on the case danter, I'll need to buy this kit first

Any one who pays that much for it must be mad. I have it on good authority that a picture of the Queen will work just as well (my wife is Chinese and very superstitious).

Just stick a postage stamp ( of the Queen of course) up on the wall in a prominent place, ghosts being very patriotic won't bother you. Cheap option.