Fox Footy Channel

Going off the members fixture; Rounds 4, 10, 15, 19, 20 & 21 are on Fox.

Is that better than last year? I was pissed off the Dons had hardly any on Fox Footy last year - made signing up even less value for money.......hence why I was never going to pay full price for it..

Yes and for hd subscribers - another year of premium Friday and Saturday night games in sd (because of a lack of a hd feed from 7) and the no name teams like GWS Port and Gold Coast get nearly all their games in hd because they are exclusive Foxtel games.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In canberra last year we had most matches on the hd channel but that did not mean they were all hd. I believe most (if not all) 7 produced ones were filmed in sd to start with.

malcolm

Well lets say they were done in HD but released in SD unlike Nine that gives Foxtel their HD game of NRL

cheers laurie

Anyone seen the new promo for ch7's season 2013, they say "you wanted it" footy on 7mate. Gives me a tiny bit of hope they'll do HD this year.

I'm totally pessimistic about the likelihood of any FTA HD under the current rights agreement, or for that matter into the future. I suspect some of the assumptions about what will follow 1 January 2014 are are overly optimistic. Even if the main channel becomes the HD channel as many people are predicting, I can't see 7 investing in the additional cost of outside broadcasting hd for an entire season; more likely to continue the current upscaling with the possibility that the finals may be in native hd.

I'm totally pessimistic about the likelihood of any FTA HD under the current rights agreement, or for that matter into the future. I suspect some of the assumptions about what will follow 1 January 2014 are are overly optimistic. Even if the main channel becomes the HD channel as many people are predicting, I can't see 7 investing in the additional cost of outside broadcasting hd for an entire season; more likely to continue the current upscaling with the possibility that the finals may be in native hd.

Me too, I'm happy to be wrong but I don't reckon there's a snowflakes chance in hell of channel 7 doing anything more than the bare minimum with their terrible footy coverage

Anyone seen the new promo for ch7's season 2013, they say "you wanted it" footy on 7mate. Gives me a tiny bit of hope they'll do HD this year.

Havnt seen the promo, but if you believe what one of the head guys at se7en said last year on SEN that the games would not be broadcast in HD this year, I tend to think that will be the case.

Se7en dont give a sh!t about what people want, they care about revenue.

They MAY show it on "mate", but I doubt it will be native HD, although I can just see plenty of losers banging on about how much better it looks in "HD"! :rolleyes:

Wags

Havnt seen the promo, but if you believe what one of the head guys at se7en said last year on SEN that the games would not be broadcast in HD this year, I tend to think that will be the case.

Wags

Yeah im not holding much hope after last year but seemed like a strange promo. On another note can anyone with the feb fox mag tell me when alf360 starts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Knew was to good to be true,announced tonight that friday nite footy will be live in perth this season on 7mate but no mention of HD.

Edited by wheelz

Anyone seen this?...

://vimeo.com/foxtelcreative/review/59635259/ab34a511a9

(Had to remove the "http" at the beginning as it linked to a different video......) Just copy/paste the link into your address bar & add the http at the beginning....

Indicating Fox Footy will be added to the Foxtel Go App!!

Edited by Ralfi

Sat twilight games will still be blacked out on IPTV, because telstra have the exclusive rights the the Sat Twilight games for the T-box under IPTV

And who owns half of Foxtel .................. Telstra!!

cheers laurie