Panasonic 65" Vt20a Best Prices

So if I keep having this start-up problem with my Sony SXRD 60", which I think will get worse (currently takes 8 to 10 times to push the power button to start from 'cold'), then I am going to have to look at a new tv.

What are the best prices going on the 65" VT20A? $4500?

Will there be a price drop with the 'lag effect' of the exchange rate improvement?

Edited by ozboy

Once again.... currency movements are not reflected quickly in most imported goods especially electronics or cars. Importers must hedge their currency over many months to average out rises and falls. You will find this may mean the currency for current imports were purchased 3-6 months ago and therefore much lower than current rates. With analysts saying that the AUD is 30% over valued, everyone must prepare for a correction. However, TVs are just about as competitive a market as any so distributors and resellers will sell as low as is necessary to keep sales flowing. You gotta keep stock moving. You can't make a profit on no sales!

In the end though no matter what you pay today or tomorrow, it will be less next week and keep dropping until the next model arrives and then it starts over.

So if I keep having this start-up problem with my Sony SXRD 60", which I think will get worse (currently takes 8 to 10 times to push the power button to start from 'cold'), then I am going to have to look at a new tv.

What are the best prices going on the 65" VT20A? $4500?

Will there be a price drop with the 'lag effect' of the exchange rate improvement?

If that's what happens I don't think you'll regret getting the Pana 65". I replaced my 70" SXRD and have no regrets at all.

• 1 month later...

There are hardly any sets left out in the market. Just a few scattered here and there.

Pansonic will not have any further stock till March/April.

I managed to get one yesterday at $4499 Harvey Norman Fountain Gate. They only had 1 left. Same as Good Guys in Dandenong 1 Left and NO negotiation on price from $5499.

Myers NO STOCK, and the list goes on. You are going to have to pay up to retail soon to get one of these as supply dries up.

There are hardly any sets left out in the market. Just a few scattered here and there.

Pansonic will not have any further stock till March/April.

I managed to get one yesterday at $4499 Harvey Norman Fountain Gate. They only had 1 left. Same as Good Guys in Dandenong 1 Left and NO negotiation on price from $5499.

Myers NO STOCK, and the list goes on. You are going to have to pay up to retail soon to get one of these as supply dries up.

Nooooo! I came to an arrangement with the Minister for War and Finance that I would be allowed to purchase one of these when I got a new job...just got a new job and now no stock?

I was living in a fantasy land that prices would DROP after Xmas!?!

Almost double the price vs. a 65S20A!

N

Nooooo! I came to an arrangement with the Minister for War and Finance that I would be allowed to purchase one of these when I got a new job...just got a new job and now no stock?

I was living in a fantasy land that prices would DROP after Xmas!?!

Almost double the price vs. a 65S20A!

N

Hvn chadstone still have one in stock i believe.

I picked one up just on the last day of bonus redemption and i recalled him saying there was 2 in stock.

Will pick mine up tomorrow from warehouse..

Regards,