Samsung Ua55c7000 Owners Thread

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to start a thread for this awesome tv, tell us your thoughts, settings, suggestions etc.

Is it just me or does their version on Internet TV blow. The tv is nice and I love the Size (i too have the 55") and i stuggle to go back to the old 40" M81 now let lone my 32"crt.

Time to start a thread for this awesome tv, tell us your thoughts, settings, suggestions etc.

So it sounds like you are pretty pleased with the Samsung - wanna do a user review for us? - I will publish it on my websites and it will be read around the globe B)

cheers,

Mike the 3D Guy

So it sounds like you are pretty pleased with the Samsung - wanna do a user review for us? - I will publish it on my websites and it will be read around the globe B)

cheers,

Mike the 3D Guy

Overall I am more than happy with the 55" Sammy I have always wanted this set for it's led capabilities, slim design, low energy use, ease of use, 2d to 3d conversion more than adequately does the job fantastic remote control (bit of a remote freak) I do admit black levels are not perfect but am not too fussed picture on foxtel HD is mind blowing I would recommend this samsung led to buy you will not be disappointed!

Dom.

• 3 months later...

hey guys, I'm new here, I'm about to pull the trigger and buy this 55" Monster. Are you guys happy with it? It's a lot of money for me and my first big telly. It looked the best in the store and after a bit of research I know the 3D isn't the ducks guts, but it's that 2D crisp colour that I loved. I'm a big gamer so Plasma wasn't going to work out. LED LCD looked the business.

I've only just started trawling through the massive amount of info here to read on various techs and pro's and con's. Do you guys think the UA55C7000 is a good starting place? $2600 is the damage.

Love to hear your opinions.

Edited by Deigs

I bought this TV a few weeks back, I love it! The picture is great! Out of the box the picture was average, but a few tweaks have made it right, to my eyes anyway!

The internet@TV stuff is ok, but hard to use with no keyboard, painful to type addresses or search youtube, but apart from the typing difficulty, it does work well for me, using the wireless dongle.

As for 3D, it works well for me. The 2D-3D conversion works surprisingly well, not perfect but, hey, what do we expect! I think it's fun to use on occasion! For actual 3D movies, I think it's ok. Not perfect, and I think the latest 3005 firmware actually made it worse! Hopefully Samsung sort that out soon.

Overall, I think it's great!

Andrew

If you have an iPhone samsung have an app that controls certain functions on the TV

and you can use it's keyboard to type for the YouTube search etc.

I read that Samsung are bringing ABC iView in the new year, so Internet tv will improve over time,

the US get a heap more apps.

Edited by kopthat

If you have an iPhone samsung have an app that controls certain functions on the TV

and you can use it's keyboard to type for the YouTube search etc.

I read that Samsung are bringing ABC iView in the new year, so Internet tv will improve over time,

the US get a heap more apps.

That's interesting, I didn't know about the iPhone app, I personally avoid iPhones like the plague, so it won't help me, but that's interesting none the less.

I'm looking forward to the iView app, I did read the other day it's coming "first quarter in 2011" according to ABC website, that will be very worthwhile when we finally get it.

Hi guys~!!

How much did you pay for your Sammy 55c7000 Led TVs? and Where??

I've been looking for 3D tv for awhile. Today I have been to many shops Castle Hills and I've decided to go for Sammy over Sony 55HX800 or NX810. It seems that Sammy produced more fluent picture!

JB hifi had 15% off deal today and offered $3000. Digital Centre has $2888 on their website.

Good guys offered $2650. Harvey Norman said maybe can beat it.

What do yo guys think? Please advice!!!!

:mellow:

Hope you get a good price mate, seems like some of the boxing day advertised prices are a bit dud compared to some weeks before. If you manage to snap one up, rekon you can pm me the receipt please?

Yes please, me too. Actually. I can't access my PM's on this website for some reason. Any chance of hosting an image on the forums?

Edited by Deigs

Hey guys we have started a new thread http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...p;#entry1653416 for people to simply register the details of their 3d tv's which they believe had crosstalk introduced after upgrading to the latest 3000 series firmware (3000,3001,3002,3003,3004,3005) . It is simply so samsung can see there are many people around the world who have suddenly developed this problem with their sets and hopefully they can create a new firmware fix returning the 3d to the original high standard.

If your not a member of the site it is free and seriously only takes a sec to register and the more people we get the better. This is a problem affecting all countries whose firmware upgrade versions are T-VALDEUC (ie. Europe, Australia,NZ etc.)

Thanks guys!

went to wow sight and sound, $2695, bought 5 years worth of warranty. Should get in on Wednesday.

Can't wait.

Deigs congrats the LED is a great set as are all the samsungs I believe.

Just wanted to say I would advise against upgrading the firmware to the latest 3000 series versions (ie. 3000-3005) as plasma and LED have the same firmware upgrades and most people have reported large amounts of crosstalk introduced with the new firmware.

So hopefully your set comes with a preloaded earlier firmware version and I would just leave it at that.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

And enjoy the telly!!

Deigs congrats the LED is a great set as are all the samsungs I believe.

Just wanted to say I would advise against upgrading the firmware to the latest 3000 series versions (ie. 3000-3005) as plasma and LED have the same firmware upgrades and most people have reported large amounts of crosstalk introduced with the new firmware.

So hopefully your set comes with a preloaded earlier firmware version and I would just leave it at that.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

And enjoy the telly!!

thats funny cause the latest firmware update has improved 3D performance quite considerably on my C8000.....

hay guys im new to the forum and this is my first ever time using one

PLEASE EXCUSE MY SPEELING I WASNT A REALLY BRIGHT KID A SCHOOL

i have been looking at buying a led tv and im going for they samsung ua55c7000 and i have found my local binglee doing it for $2580 the i found today this check it out i couldnt belive it what do u guys rekon i think im gonna go grab one at this rate http://img.whirltools.com/i/83896994428793471273.jpg let me know what u think i hop this helps you guys to get it cheaper let me know how you go and can anyone let me know if this is a good tv to buy. and how does the 3d work can i watch my normal channels on 3d i dont ko much about tvs this is my first expensive tele im going to buy cheers

I've had it for about a week now and I think for that price it's worth the buy. The picture is clear, but to test it I played Dark Knight and tried a few different options / modes and there is an issue with slight light bleed and ghosting in the bottom corners, but it's minor on this TV compared to some of the reports I've seen online. I had to look for it.

I think if this TV was 4K then I'd be pissed. But for my 2.6K I think it's fine, and I'm not going to jump up and down about it.

I use this mainly for gaming through the PC and the PS3 and it's simply awesome in those conditions. TV is fine. I did check the 2D to 3D conversion mode with Black Hawk Down breifly and it creates a greater field of depth, but no explosions next to you sorta thing.

I think if you are going to watch 3D TV and movies then I would go another model or wait a year till it develops a little more, but if you are a gamer, and not to interested in 3D then this model LED LCD looks fab.

Edited by Deigs

hey guys i got this tv recently, and it looks ok out of the box..but im sure there are ways to make it better..

Anyone played around with the picture settings and wanna post up the numbers below?

FYI my room is relatively dark with a door letting light in on the left hand side

Brightness:

Contrast:

Sharpness:

Color:

Anything else?!

mC

• 5 weeks later...

I purchased the UA55C7000 during December. This week the promotion pack arrived that included some 3d glasses and 3d blu-rays. When we went to try out the 3d, it worked for 30 seconds, and then stopped.

We have the TV attached with a HDMI 1.4 cable to the Samsung blu-ray Home Theatre. I can see the image on the screen has the diverging image to deliver the 3d, the glasses seem to turn on and off OK and the TV shows up as being in 3d mode. We now have 3 standard sets of battery glasses plus 2 rechargable sets of glasses and none of them pick up the 3d.

The only thing I can think of is that the glasses arent seeing whatever it is on the TV that syncs the 3d signal. Is that possible? I made sure nothing was in the way but I cant be sure that actually works. The frustrating thing is that the 3d worked for a short period and then just stopped with no warning.

Has anyone else had any problems with the 3d? Should I contact Samsung to get someone to come and look at it?

Thanks

I purchased the UA55C7000 during December. This week the promotion pack arrived that included some 3d glasses and 3d blu-rays. When we went to try out the 3d, it worked for 30 seconds, and then stopped.

We have the TV attached with a HDMI 1.4 cable to the Samsung blu-ray Home Theatre. I can see the image on the screen has the diverging image to deliver the 3d, the glasses seem to turn on and off OK and the TV shows up as being in 3d mode. We now have 3 standard sets of battery glasses plus 2 rechargable sets of glasses and none of them pick up the 3d.

The only thing I can think of is that the glasses arent seeing whatever it is on the TV that syncs the 3d signal. Is that possible? I made sure nothing was in the way but I cant be sure that actually works. The frustrating thing is that the 3d worked for a short period and then just stopped with no warning.

Has anyone else had any problems with the 3d? Should I contact Samsung to get someone to come and look at it?

Thanks

The IR signal for the glasses is on the bottom left corner, about 5-10 cm in from the edge. Easy way to check, activate 3d on the TV, use a mobile phone with a camera in it, and turn the camera on. If you look at the live camera image you should see what looks like a blue blinking light in the bottom left corner of the TV. If you can't see it, the IR sender might be broken/blown. Mine was dead out of the box, but JB HiFi swapped panels for me straight away. My 2nd one has been perfect ever since! If you aren't sure what you should see, get a remote and look at the end of it while pressing buttons, you should see the same blue light. If you can see the blue blinking light, my only other thought is that the glasses are having issues, I assume it does this for all of the glasses, battery and rechargeables?

The IR signal for the glasses is on the bottom left corner, about 5-10 cm in from the edge. Easy way to check, activate 3d on the TV, use a mobile phone with a camera in it, and turn the camera on. If you look at the live camera image you should see what looks like a blue blinking light in the bottom left corner of the TV. If you can't see it, the IR sender might be broken/blown. Mine was dead out of the box, but JB HiFi swapped panels for me straight away. My 2nd one has been perfect ever since! If you aren't sure what you should see, get a remote and look at the end of it while pressing buttons, you should see the same blue light. If you can see the blue blinking light, my only other thought is that the glasses are having issues, I assume it does this for all of the glasses, battery and rechargeables?

Yeah, I tried all 5 sets of glasses. I bought mine at JB HIfi in December - is it too late for a return (if its busted) or should I go to Samsung?

Yeah, I tried all 5 sets of glasses. I bought mine at JB HIfi in December - is it too late for a return (if its busted) or should I go to Samsung?

Not sure, you'd have to check with JB. I found mine was broken the same day, so returned it the next day, a month or so might mean you have to go to Samsung.

I'm guessing you haven't had the chance to check yet. On the bottom left, there's a whole bunch of little symbols, DTS, BD Live, crap like that, the IR emitter is along under those symols somewhere. I'd tell you exactly, but I'm not in front of my TV!

Hope you find it!

Andrew