Sportscenter On Espn & Espn Hd Australia

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe this is F%@*n Happening.

I echo those sentiments 100%!

It looks like it'll be weeknights at 6.30 and 7.30 with no US SportsCenter until midnight!

I figured I'd waste 2 minutes of my day and send ESPN an e.mail, can't wait for their form letter reply (if I get one at all)

Edited by doodlefeatures

Very strange decision.

Especially since the AUS Sportscenter will be on both HD and SD at the same time. They should have kept US Sportscenter on HD and Aus Sportscenter on SD if they had to do it at all.

I will point out that even though the AUS Sportscenter is listed as delayed it is not a repeat of the morning edition. The morning edition is no longer listed at all. I am assuming the delay is only because they can't access the studio for live at broadcast time.

It would be pretty stupid if sportscenter made no mention of the day's sport like the cricket.

Have heard that ESPN are doing this to mark the launch of a new studio in Sydney. Sportscenter Aus will now be in HD, as will press pass which yesterday launched in the UK, dramatically increasing the viewing numbers of that show. Sportscenter will now be produced in Australia, not sure if it will be live, but isn't just a repeat of the morning edition.

I'm hoping ESPN SD goes widescreen as well, long overdue.

With ESPN now having four channels in the UK, expect more of a European feel to ESPN. There is talk ESPN international will eventually be all run from London rather than the US.

I'm all for this, although about time they launched ESPN America here to satisfy the US sports fans who will lose a bit of content.

Matt 2 things id like to ask are:

If there opening a sydney studio why do all the guides say its been produced in Bristol CT still ?

and What do you mean by ESPN america been launched here ? Cause I saw while i was in Middle east they have ESPN America channel and its just 24 hours of NFL NBA MLB NHL and all top class content. No garbage fillers ?

Hope youd be able to get more info on this.

Have heard that ESPN are doing this to mark the launch of a new studio in Sydney. Sportscenter Aus will now be in HD, as will press pass which yesterday launched in the UK, dramatically increasing the viewing numbers of that show. Sportscenter will now be produced in Australia, not sure if it will be live, but isn't just a repeat of the morning edition.

With ESPN now having four channels in the UK, expect more of a European feel to ESPN. There is talk ESPN international will eventually be all run from London rather than the US.

I'm all for this, although about time they launched ESPN America here to satisfy the US sports fans who will lose a bit of content.

Matt 2 things id like to ask are:

If there opening a sydney studio why do all the guides say its been produced in Bristol CT still ?

and What do you mean by ESPN america been launched here ? Cause I saw while i was in Middle east they have ESPN America channel and its just 24 hours of NFL NBA MLB NHL and all top class content. No garbage fillers ?

Hope youd be able to get more info on this.

ESPN America would have to be different here, as Fox Sports have rights to quite a lot of MLB and NHL. Although I imagine the NBA would increase dramatically if the channel was to come here. We certainly need two ESPN channels now, for example every Sunday morning 4-10am ESPN was just showing Spanish Football. Now I don't have a problem with them showing other sports, but I would love to see all the college football games that were played during those hours.

ESPN America and ESPN International would solve this issue. They certainly have enough content to fill two networks, and it looks like the international content will continue to increase.

Amen.

ESPN America is avaliable in Europe, the UK, much of the world now. Would just be a second channel dedicated to American sports, should have sportscenter US, content from ESPN NEWS etc. See www.espnamerica.com (used to be NASN by the way).

Not sure about the Sydney studios, but read it on digitalspy (UK equivalent of this forum - was mentioned that Press Pass would be going HD on the same day ESPN opened their new HD studio in Sydney, which is for Australian Sportscenter). ESPN already has one studio for PTI Australia at Fox Studios I think.

Edited by MattWinter

after emailing this is what i finally got back.

Starting Jan. 11, a new version of SportsCenter, hosted by Russell Barwick, Andrew Orsatti and Jason Bennett, will air Monday to Friday at 6:30 p.m. (AUS). Unlike the 12 other versions of SportsCenter being produced around the world (seen in 38 different countries), the new version available in Australia and New Zealand, will specifically follow hometown heroes around the globe as they compete against the best on the world stage.

A new SportsCenter concept, "Aussies Abroad", will also launch in 2010.

The U.S version of SportsCenter airs in Australia on ESPN (7 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday, and midnight daily) and on ESPN HD (8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesday - Saturday, and midnight daily).

We hope you enjoy the new segment.

Sincerely,

ESPN Viewer Response Team

who makes these retarded decisions??

Probably the same morons that show 5 adds about other ESPN shows that no one cares about and then come up with an announcement that due to programming constratints, we need to move ahead with the broadcast cutting out 5 minutes of action. How about just dumping the adds for worlds smallest penis or worlds biggest testicles or whatever rubbish it is they are advertising.

surely to god they could have kept the 6pm (or similar) US sportscenter as well?

who makes these retarded decisions??

This really stinks, the 2pm slot of US SportsCenter will be fine (as that's usually the replay we've been getting at 6pm), but who's home at that time to watch? The midnight version is nowhere near as good as the primetime editions, and that's already shown here now. Goodbye to any useful analysis of American sport.

This really stinks, the 2pm slot of US SportsCenter will be fine (as that's usually the replay we've been getting at 6pm), but who's home at that time to watch? The midnight version is nowhere near as good as the primetime editions, and that's already shown here now. Goodbye to any useful analysis of American sport.

Get an IQ, record the 2pm edition. Having Australian sportscenter in primetime makes sense, ESPN is trying to expand to be more than just an American sports channel. Would love to see ESPN America as I mentioned earlier, but I'm very happy with this decision. Good analysis of sport is something that is currently lacking on foxtel - the analysis Fox do for Australian sport is okay, but very few shows that properly review and analyse any international sport.

Get an IQ, record the 2pm edition. Having Australian sportscenter in primetime makes sense, ESPN is trying to expand to be more than just an American sports channel. Would love to see ESPN America as I mentioned earlier, but I'm very happy with this decision. Good analysis of sport is something that is currently lacking on foxtel - the analysis Fox do for Australian sport is okay, but very few shows that properly review and analyse any international sport.

Except that, according to the EPG, there is no SportsCenter on ESPN or ESPNHD at 2pm any day next week. And if you record the midnight edition to watch the next evening you're getting day old highlights.

It's a rubbish decision.

Except that, according to the EPG, there is no SportsCenter on ESPN or ESPNHD at 2pm any day next week. And if you record the midnight edition to watch the next evening you're getting day old highlights.

It's a rubbish decision.

hmm... they should definitely bring back an afternoon edition then. Two a day should be enough.

This completely and utterly SUCKS!

I do NOT want a rubbish Aussie Sportscenter, we have FoxSports for Aussie stuff.

ESPN (to me) is all about US content, including the excellent US SportsCenter's.

This has made me depressed and angry. F***!!!!

Lauch another channel, don't ruin the existing one you clowns.

Dennis.

This completely and utterly SUCKS!

I do NOT want a rubbish Aussie Sportscenter, we have FoxSports for Aussie stuff.

ESPN (to me) is all about US content, including the excellent US SportsCenter's.

This has made me depressed and angry. F***!!!!

Lauch another channel, don't ruin the existing one you clowns.

Dennis.

The Aussie SC doesnt worry me, not a bad idea, but WHY oh WHY at the expense of what ESPN is in large part about? The US sportscenter at a reasonable time?

Fair Dinkum.

Surely they could have organised to have them back to back, and show both.

Im even after a future channel being ESPN news from the US - we often get this for an hour or so during days, so that exact feed 24/7 would be awesome as we have foxsportsnews for local, eurosport for europe then this for US.

I should clarify, I do have an iQ2, that's the only way to get the HD stations. :)

As others have stated it's not on everyday at 2pm, and especially after a live sporting event it can be cut down to what's essentially a 30min show. I don't have a huge problem with Aus SC, I just choose not to watch it, I don't want it to be removed off the schedule entirely, as it obviously has European content that is important to others. I want to see both editions coexist, why not have US at 5pm and Aus at 6pm, that would be perfect for almost everybody.

All of us who are upset with this, let's contact ESPN Australia. To plead with them to show both editions in primetime. http://www.espn.com.au/index.php?section=7

Edited by Sambo90

I should clarify, I do have an iQ2, that's the only way to get the HD stations. :)

As others have stated it's not on everyday at 2pm, and especially after a live sporting event it can be cut down to what's essentially a 30min show. I don't have a huge problem with Aus SC, I just choose not to watch it, I don't want it to be removed off the schedule entirely, as it obviously has European content that is important to others. I want to see both editions coexist, why not have US at 5pm and Aus at 6pm, that would be perfect for almost everybody.

All of us who are upset with this, let's contact ESPN Australia. To plead with them to show both editions in primetime. http://www.espn.com.au/index.php?section=7

Agree with all of the above and clearly it's a unanimous decision by all - let's preserve ESPN in the current form.

Does anyone actually watch the Australian Sportscentre?

I mean, I am a sports nut, but, crikey, what the hell is Fox Sports News for.

Let me see why I watch:

Fox Sports News - for Australian content

Eurosportnews - for European content

ESPN sportscentre - for the bloody best coverage of US sports!!!

Edited by Aussie Villan

No point anyways as IQ wont do the job. The 2pm edition is from Live from bristol CT. The 6pm us edition was always live from LA studios. It was useful for the westcoast sports games / highlights as most of them finish between 5 and 6PM aust est time. So Now we need to wait until 12 midnite / 1am next day to catchup on news and highlights for previous day. Thats why it makes people angry. I didnt mind aust edition been on in the morning our time as nothing has been played yet.

---------------------------------------------------------

BTW you wanna complain, there contact form in the U.S contact us doesnt work.

I Called them 4 times last week and spoke with viewers information line for feedback, its only open between 4.00 am and 8.30 am Australian est time.

Otherwise you will get a response doin it this way. Text us your question ...

If you have a specific question about ESPN's programming or ESPN, Inc not answered on our FAQ page, email at txt@espn.com. We will try our best to provide a timely response. Note, this address only accepts txt messages, not email.

Edited by djblazinjoe

Agree with all of the above and clearly it's a unanimous decision by all - let's preserve ESPN in the current form.

Does anyone actually watch the Australian Sportscentre?

I mean, I am a sports nut, but, crikey, what the hell is Fox Sports News for.

Let me see why I watch:

Fox Sports News - for Australian content

Eurosportnews - for European content

ESPN sportscentre - for the bloody best coverage of US sports!!!

No one watches the Australian sportscenter because it doesn't have a good timeslot. Fox Sports News is good, but it will be good to have an alternative.

You're right in that generally people do watch ESPN for American content, but if ESPN ever wants to become a really big channel in Australia they need to change that - Australian sportscenter in primetime is the perfect way to do that.

All in favour of finding an alternative solution for fans of American sports - 5pm for the US edition makes sense, better solution would be a dedicated American channel. What if they moved the 6pm sportscenter to 10:30pm?

BTW. Eurosportnews has some good content, but hardly comprehensive - atm news coverage of European sport is really lacking. Hopefully won't be long before ESPN UK starts their version of sportscenter.

Edited by MattWinter