Next Generation Experiences

The Omen v Australia match today was a disgrace not blaming Foxtel 4:3 and looks like a youtube version sorry I apologies to youtube meant to say it was worse than VHS

cheers laurie

Did they have 666 on the heads, and I'm waiting for their heads to spin around, oh no wait that is the Exorcist.

Oman v Australia was total shyte quality though :)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I would ever watch Lifestyle You or the Style Network, just more girly channels telling women they

are too thin or too fat, or shouldn't leave home without a bag over their head.

Most other channels just seem to be the same ol content re-arranged, I would hope it gets better,

but would expect they would try and wow people on the big Next Generation premiere,

maybe Next Generation is for people who can't remember what was on the Old Generation...

I thought we were getting s preview of all channels until the end of the month,

min seems to be a bit random, I have Fox Sports HD 1 & 2 but not 3 or ESPN HD,

I have about half of the movie channels, and some others come up wit the subscribe message.

Edited by kopthat

And yes why would they show DR who on the ather channel when it should be on the scifi channel.. So many and many ather ones out there that are defently not in the right orders....

just wondering,is it because it's a show made in the UK and it's in HD, so putting it on UKTV HD gives those with HD the option to watch it in HD? If SciFi was HD, perhaps that would change. lots of the UKTV stuff could go on other channels, Oasis live on Saturday night could have been on a music channel, but because it's an english band and in HD UKTV fits the build, and have to say it looked pretty good while I was watching it waiting for the channels to change over.

Sure some of the programs don't make sense, but there will be a reason. Top chef, a reality type show more so than a pure cooking show for example

Star Pics 2, agree seems a bit of a waste seeing we have the recording function these days, it's liek triple hits 2 and all those channels that have 2 after them. They seem to show the same content just delayed. This is typical for pay tv companies to do, but this was before it became normal to record shows you want to see and watch them later. Perhaps when all the non IQ users are eventually upgraded for free they will move away from repeat channels.

Did they have 666 on the heads, and I'm waiting for their heads to spin around, oh no wait that is the Exorcist.

Oman v Australia was total shyte quality though :)

blame Oman for that one. For a suposedly rich country, they obviously haven't adopted HD recording, I too was a bit shocked to see the quality as the local guys hosting the show all looked reasonably crisp in HD, then out popped the video taken from someones old school nokia phone camera.

Anyone notice more pixelation and breakups from the FTA channels?

Rgds

Yep the more dead pixel on foxtel the more foxtel is lieing to everyone when it comes to so what call the next generation and so what call new viewing.

I rather watch fta on my plasma without foxtel been hassel against me. Notice how foxtel shows a sign on my screen to get HD 7 and HD channel 9 you must pay. hehe yeah right.. its free on your television frequency... Seriously its really hot in queensland at the moment. I wouldnt handle the frustration within about foxtel. Yet ill have to check the all news on all cities on foxtel and time them and see how long did it last for. Ill let u know folks later.

maybe Next Generation is for people who can't remember what was on the Old Generation.

I think that's always the point for Foxtel, to try and gain new subscribers and the hell with anyone else,

which is why Foxtel does have a high subscriber loss rate as well. But obviously new customers seem to be worth more than old ones.

If i were just starting with Foxtel or on a contract, than i could see the NextGen being quite exciting, if however you have had Foxtel longer than 2 years or in my case 4, the efforts Foxtel seem to bring just seem to always fall short of what I'm sure they are actually capable of delivering.

I thought we were getting s preview of all channels until the end of the month,

min seems to be a bit random, I have Fox Sports HD 1 & 2 but not 3 or ESPN HD,

I have about half of the movie channels, and some others come up wit the subscribe message.

Only the new channels are available for preview.

FoxSports 3HD is really Foxsports HD, so it already existed.

Anyone notice more pixelation and breakups from the FTA channels?

Rgds

yes here in adelaide channel 7 is always pixeling a fair bit, ten sometimes as well.

on another note, not happy with the new channels, plus i dont have/want HD so they dont interest me, only eurosport and 13th street look good other than that: another discovery channel ?? lifestyle u and style are girly/reality more boring channels..... kids co looks ok lol ( donkey kong is on woo )

and these movie channels are rubbish i love the fact they make these free views for everyone when there is hardly any good movies/premieres on !!!!

apart from showcase which has some good tv shows, id like to see that channel available by itself as an add-on, thoughts ??

cheers :)

Just to let you know i do like and preciate foxtel. Ive had foxtel since early 2000. I recall analogue dreadfull foxtel follow by i been the first 12,000 people to have the first foxtel digital at home in the year 2004

But over time notice that digital is not as good as having analogue. Ive notice on my plasma screen that watching analogue tv may look dreadfull BUT the audio sounds upsolutely sorround sound stereo ajnd love it. With the DTV FTA channels on digital it may look impressive and clean but the audio is not as good as the analogue would sound. Try it compare you will see what i mean.

Aniways foxtel really needs to change for the best... If i was the president of foxtel i would do what people ask for. If it comes to cooking channels i will dedicated ONLY anything related to cooking on the ooking channel and so on. Plus i would end up putting special channels like webcam channel where a channel you can watch real time stream cam from all countries and cities... I think foxtel will aventualy have that in the near future... Also a channel live planets.... which means you will get to watch real time stream of the moon by the experteee of a large telescope live on foxtel 24hours a day and so on

Thius is very true and it will happen in the near future. Thats why digital is unlimited ideas.. when tv channels have no idea what els to make they will choose my idea.

I wouldnt be suprise in 20years time you will be able to watch peoples home live stream cam on foxtel for australia to see where you are big brother and fame

Believe it or not it sure will happen.

If i was the president of foxtel i would do what people ask for.

Pretend you're president of DTV forums instead and do what most people here want you to do. Please stop posting these repetative posts, All you are doing is saying the same thing over and over again and it is very annoying.

Pretend you're president of DTV forums instead and do what most people here want you to do. Please stop posting these repetative posts, All you are doing is saying the same thing over and over again and it is very annoying.

His account is banned from posting on the Whirlpool forums, looks like we're stuck with him for now.

i wonder what my foxtel bill will be like at the end of this month. I havnt choose any channels.. just the same old story about 78.00 bucks. anyone knows ?

thanks.

P.S yes if i was the president of foxtel i would change the while system by all means. And lets make no mistake all programes in thier own cage and not spreading them like jugling cards.

Funny how he/she/it seems to let the comments about spelling, grammar, saying the same crap over and over again fly over his/her/its head?

Can I ask what is your job forrestery2k is? You mustn't be working to watch so much Foxtel that you cannot find anything new to watch? I pray to any Gods who may be listening that if you do work, your boss has never asked you to write letters to customers!

Funny how he/she/it seems to let the comments about spelling, grammar, saying the same crap over and over again fly over his/her/its head?

He/she/it has been trolling these forums under various names for a couple of years or so, probably best if everyone just ignored he/she/it.

He/she/it has been trolling these forums under various names for a couple of years or so, probably best if everyone just ignored he/she/it.

Apparently he/she/it, is a she. (Signed off a post with ...................................."If only they made it better for W channel.

jessica xox")

Je ne comment pas!

Edited by miata

True, maybe he/she/it will just go away if no one responds to his/her/its rants. It could always talk to itself which it has been prone to sometimes though, which might mean it never goes away.

i wonder what my foxtel bill will be like at the end of this month. I havnt choose any channels.. just the same old story about 78.00 bucks. anyone knows ?

I'm guessing it will be exactly what Foxtel said it would be in the letter they sent out to EVERY subscriber a month or two ago, when they advised of the changes. That would be the changes for the NEXT GENERATION OF FOXTEL. Just copy and paste one of your earlier rants in lieu of an actual fresh response!

Also, for davmel, you mention there will be extra channels. Based on your experience with the new sat, what do you think will be the theoretical maximum amount of channels on there? Let's say half of the capacity was used for HD, and the other half was SD. What would that give us? 40 overall? Just interested that's all.

40 transponders in total across both sats, if 20 were used for HD channels using DVB-S2 then that could support 100 HD channels.

The other 20 SD channels would ideally have 10 SD channels (12 max) each so that's 200 SD channels.

However that won't all be for Foxtel. The FTA's and the Optus Aurora service will probably end up using 25 to 40% of the capacity.