Black Friday Usa - 27 November 09

ok so ive placed a few br's in my amazon cart and noticed a couple of them have dropped in price quite well, like drag me to hell from $19.99 down to $14.99. should i be buying this now or wait until friday? will they come down more or is it unlikely to come down again?

Anyone have an idea bout this and is coraline region free?

Edited by rareairunc

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and what about the cheap pricing will this last all week or ami better buying now on some of the reduced items?

Its not a lighting deal so i assume that price will be around at least until Black friday itself... I'm going to pick up coraline, its already in my cart but I'm waiting until friday to see what else i can buy in one transaction to save on shipping.

I stumbled accross this link, the amazon deals calender, i think these are the lightning deals only:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=...f_rd_i=12917411

Not much really on BD's in there... i hope they drop the price on a few other blu's as well.

EDIT: Sin city has dropped 1 dollar in price since yesterday! hell yeah, a sign of things to come i hope

Edited by brake

Its not a lighting deal so i assume that price will be around at least until Black friday itself... I'm going to pick up coraline, its already in my cart but I'm waiting until friday to see what else i can buy in one transaction to save on shipping.

I stumbled accross this link, the amazon deals calender, i think these are the lightning deals only:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=...f_rd_i=12917411

Not much really on BD's in there... i hope they drop the price on a few other blu's as well.

EDIT: Sin city has dropped 1 dollar in price since yesterday! hell yeah, a sign of things to come i hope

Cheap!

• Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen [blu-ray] - $12.99

Cheap!

• Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen [blu-ray] - $12.99

From 0800 PST Thursday US - which is 0300 AM Friday morning for us here in NSW / VIC - QLD.. mmmmm are you behind or in front with daylight savings ???

You are going to get up EARLY FOR THIS SAVING :)

I might consider it !! LOL

Still too expensive to bother with ..... such a disappointment.

actually - I'm getting the 'feeling' that the online sales for Black Friday are a bit of a big disappointment. Range of titles will need to 'explode' in the next two days (will have to judge on Saturday morning I guess) - but there doesn't seem much to get that excited about.

Or could it be that i'm 'past' the double-dip experience ????

Edited by tonyjg

its started !!

check out the prices on BLU-RAY.COM for direct links to Amazon !

gotta watch out - many specials are LOCKED !

GLADIATOR (LOCKED) $10

BRAVEHEART (LOCKED) $10

I AM LEGEND $7.99

FRINGE SEASON 1 $27.99

ICE AGE3 (LOCKED)$10

SILENCE OF THE LAMBS $7.99

DIE HARD 4.0 (LOCKED) $7.99

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/deals.php?action=blackfriday

mmmmm now have to hang to 3am for Tranny2 :)

Edited by tonyjg

mmmmm now have to hang to 3am for Tranny2 :)

i was gonna do that but not worth it =\

anyway:

Friday Nov. 27:

12am - 4am PST

Monsters vs. Aliens [blu-ray] - $9.99

4am - 8am PST

James Bond 10-Pack [blu-ray] - $59.99 (Starts at 4:45am)

8am - 12pm PST

The Dark Knight [blu-ray] - $9.99

12pm - 1pm PST

X-Men Trilogy (X-Men / X2: X-Men United / X-Men: The Last Stand) [blu-ray] - $29.99

12pm - 4pm PST

Mad Men: Season One [blu-ray] - $14.99

its started !!

check out the prices on BLU-RAY.COM for direct links to Amazon !

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/deals.php?action=blackfriday

Awesome link!

I'd been somewhat underwhelmed by the Black Friday deals so far and thought that I'd be leaving the CC in its holster. But now I know it's going to take a beating between the here and the dawn.

And so many movies on my shelf that are still sealed and now so cheap... :lol:

Im loving this Amazon sale, just ordered 6, thank god for the region mod Oppo Player :)

"Live Free or Die Hard $7.99

"End of Days $10.99

"Terminator Salvation (Director's Cut) $15.99

"Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (DVD + Digital Copy) $10.00

"Collateral Damage $12.99

"Crank 2: High Voltage $14.50 Bargain, since its $39.95 at JB Hi Fi

i was gonna do that but not worth it =\

anyway:

Friday Nov. 27:

8am - 12pm PST

If my calculations are correct that works out to be 11:45 PM Tomorrow night AEDST (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time) - anyone care to confirm my workings out?

Any easy one to sit up for that one!

well its 10:45 for me and i'm in brisbane... so i think you're right

too bad a lot of these are region locked

The james bond collection is locked. shame cuz i wanted that too

8am - 12pm PST

If my calculations are correct that works out to be 11:45 PM Tomorrow night AEDST (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time) - anyone care to confirm my workings out?

Friday .. 0800 PST USA would be SATURDAY 0300AM according to me : - strange why is this one different ???

Edited by tonyjg

8am - 12pm PST

Friday .. 0800 PST USA would be SATURDAY 0300AM according to me : - strange why is this one different ???

I used this link to show current PST time :) PST is GMT-8. So for those in Melbourne and Sydney (GMT+11), basically add 19 hours to the PST. So 4:45am PST will be 23:45 in Melbourne and Sydney, 1 hour less in Brisbane :)

Edited by sschen

Im loving this Amazon sale, just ordered 6, thank god for the region mod Oppo Player :)

"Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (DVD + Digital Copy) $10.00

i'd love to pick up 2 of these at this price ^_^

one for me and one for a pressy ^_^

any volunteers? :)

looks like long term i may need to join the modded club :rolleyes:

Edited by mcduck

"Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (DVD + Digital Copy) $10.00"

Damn that is cheap and damn for region locked bah bah. Oh well i have to wait till next week and buy it at BigW for under $30 heheh

Most DVD players arent region locked in Australia.

Anyone know of blu-rays available on Amazon that we can't get here in Australia? "A Bug's Life" blu-ray is an example.

CARS Gift Set (combo) 12.99, nice for a Christmas present if the postage time works.

Nice to see the digibook MATRIX at 12.99. The only one of the trilogy really worth having anyway.

i get $26.99 :o

http://www.amazon.com/Cars-Gift-Combo-Pack...p;sr=1-1-fkmr09

List Price: $49.99

Price: $26.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

You Save: $23.00 (46%)

Special Offers Available

In Stock.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

no mate, it's either stuff I have or absolute shyte, mind you I'm looking at a few SACD's from DVD Pac that I'm interested in that will drop......

'sitting' on a few titles in my cart - 'thinking' do I really want Gladiator / Braveheart - one for the 'supposedly' unHiDef picture quality, and the other coming from the madness of Mel :)

Most DVD players arent region locked in Australia.

Anyone know of blu-rays available on Amazon that we can't get here in Australia? "A Bug's Life" blu-ray is an example.

I dont think people are concerned about whether the dvd is locked or not. Its the blu-ray people are concerned about. This title just includes a dvd copy in addition to the BD.