What To Do With This Room Shape?

This is my rumpus room that I'll use primarily as home theatre. It's a strange shape and has two large glass doors / windows either side towards the screen end. It's a 6m x 5m room with cathedral ceilings. Here are a few images of the room and plans:

post-82083-1248409761_thumb.jpg

post-82083-1248409778_thumb.jpg

Question is, what can I do with this room? I love the look of bulkheads and pillars, I just don't see them happening in this room.

Here's a list of equipment I already have:

- Yamaha RX-V663 receiver running 7.1

- Rotel RB 1080 power amp running fronts

- Whatmough P32 front speakers

- Whatmough P6 centre speaker

- Canton Karat R4 speakers for rear surround (They're a dipole speaker so don't know whether they will be surrounds or rears at this stage.

- Samsung PT-AE3000 HD projector

- Rel Q400E subwoofer

- Fixed 119" screen.

That's it at this stage, still have 2 x more surround speakers to buy as a minimum.

This is my rumpus room that I'll use primarily as home theatre. It's a strange shape and has two large glass doors / windows either side towards the screen end. It's a 6m x 5m room with cathedral ceilings. Here are a few images of the room and plans:

post-82083-1248409761_thumb.jpg

post-82083-1248409778_thumb.jpg

Question is, what can I do with this room? I love the look of bulkheads and pillars, I just don't see them happening in this room.

Here's a list of equipment I already have:

- Yamaha RX-V663 receiver running 7.1

- Rotel RB 1080 power amp running fronts

- Whatmough P32 front speakers

- Whatmough P6 centre speaker

- Canton Karat R4 speakers for rear surround (They're a dipole speaker so don't know whether they will be surrounds or rears at this stage.

- Samsung PT-AE3000 HD projector

- Rel Q400E subwoofer

- Fixed 119" screen.

That's it at this stage, still have 2 x more surround speakers to buy as a minimum.

Hi Mutchumbo,

Thats certainly a challenging shape .

Do you intend to use the doors to the outside on a regular basis and is sound leakage to neighbors a concern?

Cheers Brendon

Hi Mutchumbo,

Thats certainly a challenging shape .

Do you intend to use the doors to the outside on a regular basis and is sound leakage to neighbors a concern?

Cheers Brendon

We wouldn't use the sliding glass doors regularly, however, she who must be obeyed (the wife) wants their functionality to remain in tact. ie. I'm not allowed to plug them up or remove them completely. <_<

As for sound leakage, it is a concern, but something I don't think is going to be completely avoidable. Something I'd like to address nevertheless...

Do I see cathedral ceilings though?

Yes, they are cathedral ceilings. The roof line is at around 24 degrees from memory.

Edited by mutchumbo