26" Wall Mount Samsung

My elderly Mum is wanting a wall mount 26" Sammy for her bedroom, she has one now but I want to try and get one with the same remote, why

a/ Because its hard to get the elderly to remember controllers easily

b/ It make it easier to help her over the phone if I have one the same, she lives interstate.

c/ remote model is BN59-00516A

So what recommendations can I get and price please?

thanks guys.

Edited by Agelessgoodguy

My elderly Mum is wanting a wall mount 26" Sammy for her bedroom, she has one now but I want to try and get one with the same remote, why

a/ Because its hard to get the elderly to remember controllers easily

b/ It make it easier to help her over the phone if I have one the same, she lives interstate.

c/ remote model is BN59-00516A

So what recommendations can I get and price please?

thanks guys.

Sorry I'm confused you mum wants a wall mount and a new remote?.

Edited by EZYHD

Can't make heads or tails of what exactly you're asking either :unsure:

The way I read your post, weall mounting has nothing to do with your question? Right?

She already has a Samsung TV and so do you, but you have different models, hence different remotes (am I still on track?).

Even if you have the same remote, being that you both have different model TVs, they may have different menu design and options, so getting the same remote for the two TVs isn't gonna make it any easier IMO. Get the same model TVs, issue fixed.

EDIT: If you are still after the same remote - try samsung direct or this eBay shop - AnyRemote Shop

Edited by diesel

Can't make heads or tails of what exactly you're asking either :unsure:

The way I read your post, weall mounting has nothing to do with your question? Right?

She already has a Samsung TV and so do you, but you have different models, hence different remotes (am I still on track?).

Even if you have the same remote, being that you both have different model TVs, they may have different menu design and options, so getting the same remote for the two TVs isn't gonna make it any easier IMO. Get the same model TVs, issue fixed.

EDIT: If you are still after the same remote - try samsung direct or this eBay shop - AnyRemote Shop

sorry guys here's some clarification......

MUM & I both have similar Sammy's with the same remotes, Mum wants another new Sammy for her bedroom (will need a wall mount feature but it can be dealt with via a non Sammy clamping system I've learnt ) but to avoid confusion I want to try and get one that still uses this same model of Sammy remote so I can steer her through any issues she's bound to fall into over time. Both our Sammy's are about 2-3 years old now and I was concerned the Sammy remotes will have changed to some other Sammy type by now..... I hope this clarifies my problem and thank you both for attempting to reply and help.

regards Ross

MUM & I both have similar Sammy's with the same remotes, Mum wants another new Sammy for her bedroom (will need a wall mount feature but it can be dealt with via a non Sammy clamping system I've learnt ) but to avoid confusion I want to try and get one that still uses this same model of Sammy remote so I can steer her through any issues she's bound to fall into over time. Both our Sammy's are about 2-3 years old now and I was concerned the Sammy remotes will have changed to some other Sammy type by now..... I hope this clarifies my problem and thank you both for attempting to reply and help.

regards Ross

Wall mounts are usually a standard fit (4 holes Vesa standard), can buy from selby.com.au.

I don't get the bit about the remote control?. or are you are getting her the same brand of TV so she undestands how to use that brands remote?

Both our Sammy's are about 2-3 years old now and I was concerned the Sammy remotes will have changed to some other Sammy type by now..... I hope this clarifies my problem and thank you both for attempting to reply and help.

regards Ross

Ross, like I said, probably better to go instore and have aplay with a current Sammy and remote. Like you said, the remotes may look different and have different layouts now, and worse still the Sammy GUI menus may all be different. take your current Sammy instore as you may find many of the codes are still the same, meaning she can use the same remote on both tellies.

regards Ross

If it is just for basic functions, depending on the age of the current Samsung she owns, the same remote may operate both TVs.

Only prob with that is she would have to carry the remote from room to room.

***Edit - Sorry "Agelessgoodguy" just noticed you already suggested that.

Edited by mick815

If it is just for basic functions, depending on the age of the current Samsung she owns, the same remote may operate both TVs.

The A450 remotes look very similiar to the R71/81 series remotes.

She we won't have any issues.

Wall mounting, most retailers have the Vogel's VFW030 for $40rrp that will suit. Cheaper ones cost about $30.

what is the difference between a series 4 Sammy and a LA26A45OC1D? or are they the same, thanks

what is the difference between a series 4 Sammy and a LA26A45OC1D? or are they the same, thanks

regards Ross

If its any help I have F8 remote.R81 remote and 550 remote,and each one operates them all apart from a few items that are special to that model.

HDrocks: :rolleyes: With a remote.

If its any help I have F8 remote.R81 remote and 550 remote,and each one operates them all apart from a few items that are special to that model.

So the only confusion when trying to problem solve over the phone might just be navigating through a GUI menu that his Sammy may not have?