Pioneer Krp600m Kuro Monitor - 60" Of Stunning Kuro / Black! **pics**

Can anyone whose seen the 8th Gen LX608A, tell me whether it still stands up well in quality next to the 9th Gen 60" Pioneers? Trying to actually view any Pios here in erth seems to be pretty hard, no one has stock of them. I was thinking of getting an LX608A, as I really cant afford the extra dollars for the 9th Gen 60" Pios. I'm thinking I'm just about to order one of these...

http://www.digitalcenter.com.au/p/400913/p...-plasma-tv.html

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

I tried getting one from this mob, before Xmas, but unfortunately they were sold out.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone whose seen the 8th Gen LX608A, tell me whether it still stands up well in quality next to the 9th Gen 60" Pioneers? Trying to actually view any Pios here in erth seems to be pretty hard, no one has stock of them. I was thinking of getting an LX608A, as I really cant afford the extra dollars for the 9th Gen 60" Pios. I'm thinking I'm just about to order one of these...

http://www.digitalcenter.com.au/p/400913/p...-plasma-tv.html

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

If it looks good to you get it, you may regret it later if it was sold to someone else, while its nice to have the latest at some point you have to make a decision yes the 9th gen may have better blacks you just have to make a $,$$$ decision is the extra money worth the latest IMHO I think not

cheers laurie

Thanks for the advice Laurie. Well, I went out there, had a look and yes its a great picture. Unfortunately the guy 'forgot' to tell me on the phone its the only he had and its already sold! Said he's going to see on Monday if he can track down another, but his price is completely wrong anyway...

Went and had a look at some Pana 65"s after that. At the moment I'm thinking if I have to pay up around the $9.5K mark for a 60" Pio, I might just spend a bit more and get the Pana 65". The Ministry of Finance likes the Pana so I think I might go for the extra screen real estate. Picture looks pretty damn inpressive, though I will admit, the Pio 60" is slightly better...

I had a look at the 65" Pana the other day -

and was surprised at how slim it was for such a large panel.

Specs say 109mm

Particularly as Pioneer makes such a big deal of their 64mm panel.

Was that the new $11,999.00 RRP model you saw?

Edited by crtlover

I had a look at the 65" Pana the other day -

and was surprised at how slim it was for such a large panel.

Specs say 109mm

Particularly as Pioneer makes such a big deal of their 64mm panel.

Was that the new $11,999.00 RRP model you saw?

Yeah it was. I've replied over here rather than hijack this Pio thread... :)

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&...t&p=1235099

Either way they are both excellent sets I'm still not sure what I'm getting LX609 or KRP as MY minister of finance has hijacked the purchase :blink:

cheers laurie

Pio TV too big is it! :D

Just been to Videopro Fortitude Valley in Brisbane where I purchased my KRP-600M monitor back in November.

If anyone in Brisbane is interested - they have one only left LX608 new in box for sale @ $8999. The Assistant Store Manager there, Craig, was also keen to shift their last remaining 600M monitor which is also new in box.

Also just visited JB HiFi Indooroopilly to get a couple of BDs. Saw the LX609 on display and asking $10999 . (Pioneer RRP $12499).

I sort of feel a bit happier about forking out 9k back in November for my 600M and not see prices soon after crash, as I have been used to in years past after one makes a plasma splurge :D

Edited by punchy501

Anyone had experience mounting their 60 inchers on one of these:

http://www.bondandbond.co.nz/audiotv/enter.../prod68224.html

Not sure if it would be stable enough.

Your informed comments welcomed. Thanks.

Ive seen those at myer where they have actually got plasmas etc mounted, they werent 60inch ones. So unless you get one suitable for the 60inch should not be a problem, looked good at myer.

Just been to Videopro Fortitude Valley in Brisbane where I purchased my KRP-600M monitor back in November.

I sort of feel a bit happier about forking out 9k back in November for my 600M and not see prices soon after crash, as I have been used to in years past after one makes a plasma splurge :D

that's why i wanted to get my 600 before people started to put the price up

( i paid 10k for mine with the stand - and i'm happy with the price :D )

last plasma i paid 5.5k for and then prices halved after that !

Guest David.m
They sure are warm. Hardly need the extra heat at the moment!

I find mine doesn't run that hot at all, in fact I would say my Hitachi 42PD7800 would be almost twice as hot, particuarly heat coming out from the glass. I was surprised.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
just picked up the 609a..$9150 with free bluray player and 6 movies..these panels are gold none left in vic

I was thinking about picking one up and shipping up here to Singapore... in Singapore, the 60 pio is a bargain at 18k (discounted ... rrp is 24k)... and, hard to find .....

my hope now is that panasonic bought Pio plasma .... sooner rather then later we'll start to see some pio technology difuse through pana's model range...

anyway, I have until September to convice the CFO, since we'll be shipping the remainder of our gear in storage from Sydney to Singapore, and it would be a convenient time to ship it all up here .....

• 6 months later...

I have a problem with my KRP600M.

I cannot get the menu option to be shown.

Within the first month of operation the unit just turned itself off.

The technician had to change two circuit boards .

Since then and after subsequent use the Menu option does not work.

Can somebody help.