Group Buy - Samsung 52" Series 6 - La52a650

Guest mrcurly

I am keen if the price is good and the tv can be delivered in Melbourne.

Timeframe of this weekend for a purchase works well for me :-)

Thanks

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As being new, can anyone email me to the price or retailer that you are getting them through?

alchemy19@hotmail.com

thanks

So about the issue of buying different sizes as a group..is it possible ? Or is it restricted to the 52 inch model ONLY?

Other sizes are negotiable we spoke to some stores today and the email to interested parties is coming now.

Edited by BigScreen

lxken

I have sent you email.

Hi James, good price! Thanks for all the hard work you two have done.

it will be good if you can pass me more info about sellers and prices they offered. Is the price a cash price or plastic? Also, do you have a chance to ask the price of 46’’? Thanks James.

Regards,

Ken

email: lxken@yahoo.com

Ok Everyone here is the deal....

The cheapest price so far is $3200 we need numbers of who will be there to purchase the item on Saturday; I need definite numbers of who will attend as if there are less than 8 people the deal will not go ahead.

Details of suppliers/shops contacted/visited and emailed with their phone numbers and the person we spoke to are as follows.

**** Sydney CBD

$3200 - if we get 8 or more.

However, there are conditions, if you purchase extended warranty it must be from them, the purchase must be an out right purchases and they cant do interest free there is a delivery charge of $35 (must become a loyalty card member which is free) per unit

If you’re using a debit card - check your limit, and, speak to the bank a day before to increase their limit.

Extended warranty is $400 for a total of 5 years. You must have the TV delivered that’s another condition (clearly they will not have 8 in stock on the day in the city store; they will be dispatched from the warehouse).

Other places which were not quite as good a deal

Harvey Norman Auburn

9202 4888

Dealt with Glenn

Powerland Electronics Pty Ltd Warwick Farm

Powerland said that they can probably do a "second" for us for between $2600 and $2800 but this is not certain as they do not have any and may not have any for a month or more. There will be no dead pixels on the TV and you can purchase a higher warranty price for it also.

If anyone wants anything seconds go and speak to a guy named Chris here, he is a really good bloke who actually has an idea about his products - unlike others I came across.

Good Guys Auburn

No name, the sales person did not have a name tag on.

Clive Peeeters Auburn

Do not stock Samsung or Philips for that matter! Surprised at that.

Chris from Think Audio Visual Pty Ltd

Spoke via email chris@thinkaudiovisual.com.au

Based on the purchase of 10x New Samsung LA52A650 they can offer them for $3390 delivered.

For the LA46A650 they can offer that one for $2680 delivered. We are also welcome to pick up the units from Samsung's warehouse located in Rydalmere. This is awesome price for something delivered to your door straight from the factory and the Adelaide delivery can also be in on this deal, it is however still slightly more expensive than the shop we found.

David Jones in Sydney CBD

Castlereagh Street Sydney

Spoke to Adrian No David Jones in Australia stock Samsung.

Bi-Rite Electrical Fairfield

9754 2890

Waleed

Harvey Norman in Erina

02 4365 9500

Spoke to Shayne (Specifically said there was no way they would sell for $3100)

Harvey Norman in Campbelltown Superstore

02 4621 5200

Spoke to Andrew

Bing Lee Hurstville

9585 2999

Spoke to Christine.

Bing Lee in Bankstown

9796 1818

Spoke Paul.

Bing Lee in Homebush

9762 5077

Their phone number was disconnected?

When I looked this up on their website they were listed. I rung them and then checked the site again and this store was taken off….

Bing Lee in Casula

9734 9948

Spoke to Senith.

Bing Lee Warehouse Clearance

Fairfield

9726 4008

Visited the store the sales person did not have a name tag on

JB Hi Fi Bondi Store

Westfield Bondi Junction

9388 0577

Spoke to Simon

eXo did some research this is eXo's results…..

Current Prices so far for these units are ranked below:

Samsung Direct RRP @ $4999

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/detail/...=LA52A650A1FXXY

Digital Center seems to be coming close @ $3326

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/531400/s...l-hd-1080p.html

(+ delivery and it looked like there may be finance costs for paying it off over time)

ShopBot links put the price @ $3568

http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-samsung-la52a...ice-110646.html

Some more research I did on the net found the following you purchase online. Free shipping also/

Digital Centre

$3326 Promo Price, Comes Free with either Samsung Blu-Ray Player or Foxtel HD2+ IQ2

Current Price $3598.00

www.digitalcentre.com.au

Cheap Bargains

$3705.45

www.cheapbargains.com.au

ExelTek

www.exeltek.com.au

$4499.00

As you can see Many stores have been approached.

I was going to put more info about what each store said, but there doesn’t seem much point because they were more expensive....

I was also planning only to let interested parties know because I don’t think this is very fair to the stores, but too many people do not have PM rights and its too hard to keep track of which people to PM and who to email at what address, and who is actually in Sydney or not.

If anyone wants to do their own further investigations please do so and let people know what you find, especially if it’s cheaper.

What we all really need now is to know if 8 people will turn up and pay on Saturday.

If you are planning to participate. Please post a message here saying "I have the money to buy it and I will be at Sydney CBD this Saturday 26/7/08 at 11am."

They said delivery to Adelaide and Melbourne can also be organised but payment details will be sorted out once you confirm you will make a purchase - I do not want to bother to sort something out if it is not actually going to happen, especially since we are not getting anything for it.

Phrak. Sorry, I did not get a final price for the 46". I will get it tomorrow.

Please note that the price being paid is the same for everyone including me. I will not be getting a discount or commission or any extra benefit for myself.

I really think this is a good deal.

Its $1800 less than Samsung Direct

Its $693 less than the cheapest published advertisement I have seen - JB Hifi

We need at least 8 people, but it will look odd if too many turn up so first in - best dressed.

Regards

James

Edited by BigScreen

James, there's a lot of ideas and questions floating around this thread. To prevent sending it further into confusion, may I suggest you start a couple of lists, and post an update to them here any time they change. You can't update your first post unfortunately, but just keep a rolling update when you reply..

such as:

Prices so far:

LA40 A450, $1200 @ JB Hifi & Harvey Norman Castle Hill

LA46 A650, $2500 @ JB Hifi & Harvey Norman Castle Hill

LA52 A650, $3200 @ Mr FooBar's Corner Shop

etc

Confirmed purchasers:

BigScreen - 1x 52" A650

Interests:

Phrak - 2x 46" A650 + 2x 40 A450 (Must be better than $2500 and $1200 each, respectively)

$3200 - if we get 8 or more.

However, there are conditions, if you purchase extended warranty it must be from them,

Extended warranty is $400 for a total of 5 years. You must have the TV delivered that’s another condition (clearly they will not have 8 in stock on the day in the city store; they will be dispatched from the warehouse).

Okay, they are trying to rip you off. The base price is good but the warranty is the biggest rip off I have ever seen. Basically, they are hoping a few people take the extended warranty offer (this is the reason for the 8+ people requirement) and they will make a nice profit.

I got my TV for $3580 with 2 years extended warranty (total 5 years). I was offered $3550 but would have to wait a week for stock.

Edited by yert

Okay, they are trying to rip you off. The base price is good but the warranty is the biggest rip off I have ever seen. Basically, they are hoping a few people take the extended warranty offer (this is the reason for the 8+ people requirement) and they will make a nice profit.

I got my TV for $3580 with 2 years extended warranty (total 5 years). I was offered $3550 but would have to wait a week for stock.

Its a difference of $55 from your final purchase price and you do not have to get the warranty. Can I ask if your TV is being delivered?

Edited by BigScreen

FFS, how can you call 100 below ex GST invoice to the shop "ripping you off"?

$3200 is an unreal price, and they should all be kissing the salespeorsons' hairy beanbag for even giving them the time of day, for a request that realistically may not even get followed through on.

Its a difference of $55 from your final purchase price and you do not have to get the warranty. Can I ask if your TV is being delivered?

Right, but mine was the price for a single TV which I got after talking to 4 stores - a Myer, two HV and one Retravision. Nope, we picked it up straight away. Don't get me wrong, I think your TV only price is great but I do think the warranty is a really big ripoff.

FFS, how can you call 100 below ex GST invoice to the shop "ripping you off"?

$3200 is an unreal price, and they should all be kissing the salespeorsons' hairy beanbag for even giving them the time of day, for a request that realistically may not even get followed through on.

Get real. How many 52" TVs do you think they move per week? They are making a transaction in the order of $30,000 - cash. How many times have people walked into your store and said, "I have $30,000, what can you do for me?"

More importantly, I clearly said the warranty is the rip off. Answer this one question, is $400 for a 2 year extended warranty reasonable?

Dont believe in extended warranties. Specially with Samsung having 3yrs. By that time, 52inch will be the base size and we will be up into 70inches for the same price.

By the way, I got my 52inch for $3200 and i didnt have to kiss the sales persons hairy beanbag as mentioned.

Prices so far:

Hey are those confirmed prices for the 650 46" or did you just make them up as examples for this thread?

$400 is a mega rip off, it should be no more then $250.

Where has anyone been getting the 52" for $3100-3200, if with at least 8 tv's you can only get the best price of $3200?

Prices so far:

Hey are those confirmed prices for the 650 46" or did you just make them up as examples for this thread?

$400 is a mega rip off, it should be no more then $250.

<snip>

Yep, confirmed prices in-store, in-person, as of last night 21/07/2008

They did try to up-sell me with 2 or 4yr extended warranty, which I sounded interested in for the purposes of price negotiation.

And yeah James (and UnderDog), I believe that Myer asking $400 for extended warranty is taking the piss.

The ext. warranties for the units I got pricing for are listed below. These are probably the full 'retail' price of the warranties, I didn't attempt any negotiation on these prices (just yet!).

JB, 40" +2yrs = $89

HN, 40" +2yrs = $75

HN, 40" +4yrs = $80.50

JB, 46" +2yrs = $161

HN, 46" +2yrs = $115

HN, 46" +4yrs = $145

Hope this helps.

Underdog, $3200 is not $100 below the ex GST invoice price. If my pricing source is to be believed, it's about $50 OVER the INC GST invoice price.

Tim

Underd0g is a salesman. His price quotes have been on the higher side and some of the things he says about customers trying to grab a bargain price would make a sailor blush. Looks like customers kissing his "hairy beanbag" is his latest fetish. We were better off not knowing ....

I'm with mantronic with regards to calling Myer Brookvale. The moment I saw $400 for extended warranty and $35 for delivery, I knew the GB store was Myer Syd CBD. I bought my TV from them and was quoted exactly the same rates. This was corroborated by Phrak's post.

Try Bing Lee Pitt St Mall as well. He should be trying to grab this volume of business from Myer and BL's extended warranty is cheaper.

I am keen if the price is good and the tv can be delivered in Melbourne.

Timeframe of this weekend for a purchase works well for me :-)

Thanks

Ditto - also in Melbourne and would love to get my hands on one. Perhaps even just 5 or so of us could get together?