Sony Bravia Prices - Cash Back Now On

He mentioned that in the previous PS3 giveaway Sony were budgeting on 20,000 tv's to be sold during the promotional period, but they sold 80,000. If this was correct, then the 35,000 this time could go fast.

Last PS3 promo sony gave away just over 40,000 units, personally, I think they'll still have some of the 35,000 left at the end of next month, and possibly extend the promo "until stock lasts"

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last PS3 promo sony gave away just over 40,000 units, personally, I think they'll still have some of the 35,000 left at the end of next month, and possibly extend the promo "until stock lasts"
I think Sony wants to create a sense of urgency. When all 35,000 are given away, Sony will probably top up this number.

Guest d00dz
I managed with the help of a receipt someone posted to pick up a KDL46X3100 (46 inch) for 2450 after cashback, an absolute steal.

Dont suppose you still have a copy of that receipt?

So finally bought my KDL463100 today. As I was buying two and a few other things I managed to get it for $2721. Why the weird price? - I wanted it to include a 5 year warranty for $3000. 5yr - $279.

From what I am told this is below cost - I think they mentioned $2756 was the cost price. I overheard the guy on the phone to his boss saying that although it was below cost he had made money from the other purchases that I had made. I didn't feel ripped off with the other purchases, so happy all round really.

I think that really shows that unless you are buying enough gear for the store to make their margin, don't be too upset if you can't get it for the same prices that others have been getting. As long as you walk out with a smile on your face that is all that matters.

I spoke to three stores - JB was really good but didn't have any stock. I felt bad that I couldn't make the purchase from them, but I really didn't want to wait. HN was total shiite. Tried to offer me $3600 saying that it included the PS3. Man they were stubborn, and ultimately missed out on a sale.

I ended up getting it from Savery's Retravision - didn't give me any hassle and a great experience.

I'll scan the receipt in tomorrow for anyone that is interested.

Can I just say that I love the set. It's my first panel - and bloody hell, I copped it from the wife when she saw how big it was. Might have to look at buying a new house to accommodate... :)

Dick Smith Powerhouse sale catalogue (Melbourne stores) has 15% off TVs from 2 July - 14 July. I recall that in early June they had a similar promo going and the Sony KDL 46X3100 had a sticker price of $3,040. With the $200 cash back made it a very good price. For those of you looking at the 46" X series it might be worth checking this out.

congradulation, I would truely appreciate a receipt, if possible, many many thanks

allthebest4ever@gmail.com

So finally bought my KDL463100 today. As I was buying two and a few other things I managed to get it for $2721. Why the weird price? - I wanted it to include a 5 year warranty for $3000. 5yr - $279.

From what I am told this is below cost - I think they mentioned $2756 was the cost price. I overheard the guy on the phone to his boss saying that although it was below cost he had made money from the other purchases that I had made. I didn't feel ripped off with the other purchases, so happy all round really.

I think that really shows that unless you are buying enough gear for the store to make their margin, don't be too upset if you can't get it for the same prices that others have been getting. As long as you walk out with a smile on your face that is all that matters.

I spoke to three stores - JB was really good but didn't have any stock. I felt bad that I couldn't make the purchase from them, but I really didn't want to wait. HN was total shiite. Tried to offer me $3600 saying that it included the PS3. Man they were stubborn, and ultimately missed out on a sale.

I ended up getting it from Savery's Retravision - didn't give me any hassle and a great experience.

Can I just say that I love the set. It's my first panel - and bloody hell, I copped it from the wife when she saw how big it was. Might have to look at buying a new house to accommodate... :)

That is a very good price. Can you forward a copy of your receipt to me please? trump3@hotmail.com

Really appreciate it. Thank you

Ok the link is here : Receipt

Sorry for the late post, was distracted with State Of Origin and drinking.....

Hopefully this will be of use to some people. If you do use it, can you let me know how you go?

I'd be interested to see how people fare.

Hopefully this will be of use to some people. If you do use it, can you let me know how you go?

I knew i smelt a rat. That reciept is actually for two TV's...?? No wonder the price, good luck getting anyone to price match a reciept with X2 the product. Of course youd get it cheaper. Thanks anyway.

Edited by MrMan

picked up a new KDL463100 today. total was $3200 including 5 yr extended warranty; ($2920 for the Sony).

i tried for a lower price but to no avail. being in Perth, i found that freight costs were an issue brought up by retailers and maybe i should be happy with the what i paid.

also found the salespeople are really milking the PS3 offer and are well aware of the increase in demand for the Bravias.

picked up a new KDL463100 today. total was $3200 including 5 yr extended warranty; ($2920 for the Sony).

i tried for a lower price but to no avail. being in Perth, i found that freight costs were an issue brought up by retailers and maybe i should be happy with the what i paid.

also found the salespeople are really milking the PS3 offer and are well aware of the increase in demand for the Bravias.

that looks like a really good price is that an X series? may I ask which store in perth was it you bought it from? I'm looking for one as well :D

Thank you. This will definitely be useful!

Bing Lee was advertising the 46X during Origin last night.

They made it sound $3,499 with free PS3 is an absolute steal! No doubt they won't budge from that price, claiming it's a special price as advertised on tv, and on top of that you get free PS3.

Edited by Black Dawg Down

Bing Lee was advertising the 46X during Origin last night.

They made it sound $3,499 with free PS3 is an absolute steal! No doubt they won't budge from that price, claiming it's a special price as advertised on tv, and on top of that you get free PS3.

The Good Guys have the same deal for $3288 with PS3 for the 46X.

I am looking at purchasing the 46XBR tonight. Have been quoted $3349, has anyone got a better price for this model?

I knew i smelt a rat. That reciept is actually for two TV's...?? No wonder the price, good luck getting anyone to price match a reciept with X2 the product. Of course youd get it cheaper. Thanks anyway.

No rat here. ;)

As I was buying two and a few other things I managed to get it for $2721.

It does show what is possible IF you buy a lot of stuff at the same time.

As I said, the store made their margin from me on the other stuff.

But if it helps someone save a few dollars on their purchase price - then all good.

That's the point of the thread right?

that looks like a really good price is that an X series? may I ask which store in perth was it you bought it from? I'm looking for one as well :D

it is the X series. i bought it from HN in Morley after trying out pretty much everywhere else in the area. some places are out of stock too.

Guest xrchris
it is the X series. i bought it from HN in Morley after trying out pretty much everywhere else in the area. some places are out of stock too.

I picked up my 46X last night from The Good Guys Malaga for $2974 after reading an earlier post on this thread about someone from Perth getting one from there for that price.

I think they are now out of stock though...

JB are sure some shifty bastards, just have a look at what they have done with the KDL46X3100.

Last months website price

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/images/2008/05/JB...20080605_04.gif

Price now on website

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/images/2008/07/HE...-JB-AU-091b.jpg

I guess the non haggling consumer that wants a PS3 is still getting some $200-$300 more than last month.

Some price inconsistencies:

http://www.digitalhome.com.au/Tvs_And_Home...ill_31708/22024

Edited by skyline_boy001

JB are sure some shifty bastards, just have a look at what they have done with the KDL46X3100.

I went into JB Macarthur today and showed them the $2810 receipt from this thread. The guy said the best he could do was 3400. I laughed and said no thanks. I had a look and the floor price was actually $3769 or something stupid :o

Ended up going to good guys and getting it for $3279 with 4 years total warranty ($2990 without extra 3 years warranty).

Edited by silvaside

I went into JB Macarthur today and showed them the $2810 receipt from this thread. The guy said the best he could do was 3400. I laughed and said no thanks. I had a look and the floor price was actually $3769 or something stupid :o

Ended up going to good guys and getting it for $3279 with 4 years total warranty ($2990 without extra 3 years warranty).

You should have taken the $2810 receipt around the corner to DJs. They would have matched it.