Sony Bravia Prices - Cash Back Now On

Hey all,

Ended up getting my TV from the Sony Clearance Centre at Homebush in Sydney. 2250 for one of the superceded W series models, 46 inch.

My one caveat is that some of these TVs are factory seconds, so I suppose it depends on how you feel about buying repack stock. I was assured that the repaired stock had faults that did not relate to picture quality, but in the end who knows. I guess I will have to trust that the repairmen at Sony did a good job. A 1 year warranty is included and you can upgrade to a 5 year warranty for 179 which could give you peace of mind.

And I was assured that the TV was still eligible for the PS3 offer, and I'm happy to confirm this when it (hopefully) arrives.

Cheers

Andrew

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all for your posts. Today I finally made a purchase and perhaps I can help out others by posting my price research. I am in Melbourne so this should help those Melburnians who have been getting relatively bad prices. I was shopping for the best deal between Sharp and Sony brands and finally decided on the Sony KDL46W4000 for $2700 at Camberwell Electrics (no. I didn't buy anything else or get the extended warranty). If you have never heard of this store I highly recommend you call them last. I have used them for all sorts of electrical appliances and they have never failed to beat any genuine price! Anyway, other prices I got were as follows

Sony KDL46X3100 - $3000 - Camberwell Electrics

Sharp LC46D83X - $2800 - Camberwell Electrics

Sharp LC46D63X - $2500 - Good Guys, JB, HN

Sharp LC52PD7X - $2700 - JB

Sharp LC46PD7X - $1850 - Retravision at Knox (they have about 6 and want to get rid of them. This was almost too hard to refuse.)

Homecast HT8000 PVR - $540 - Good Guys

These were all over the phone offers except the actual purchase and the Homecast purchase which I ended up getting from JB for $250 because I didn't want to wait for GG to get an order in.

I will copy this post to a number of relevant threads and hope it helps someone.

Thinking of starting a business on the side as a retail broker. I'll take 10% of what I save you on the ticket price. Anyone interested??

Cheers,

REV

Picked up my KDL46x3100 at JB in Toowoomba for $3104 plus $279 for additional 4 year warranty. But they also threw in a $90 surge protector and a $70 HDMI cable, so the price for the TV on the receipt is $2946. Myer would only come down $3200 and HN would only match Myer. We're lucky up here as everyone has plenty of stock of the Bravia's

Considering you get a PS3 as well, not too bad in my opinion

Paid $2900 for 46X3100 @ David Jones. 18months interest free with DJ card.

Noticed many people going for extended warranty. Is it REALLY necessary for a brand like sony?

Mate! When did you get it and at what location? I'm wanting to buy 2 tomorrow and the best i've got so far from my haggling is $3200.

I ended up getting my 46X for $2,980 with extended warranty to 3yrs and delivery from Harvey Norman, I'm pretty happy, I was dead set on not going over $3k and managed to get in under budget and made it just in time for a PS3 :-)

I got DJ's to price match with the receipt fro JB HiFi that was floating around here for $2,810 but with the extended warranty it was over $3k and they wouldn't budge on the warranty cost.

All in all, a lot of running around and phone calls but it was well worth it I think!

Ok the link is here : Receipt

Sorry for the late post, was distracted with State Of Origin and drinking.....

Hopefully this will be of use to some people. If you do use it, can you let me know how you go?

I'd be interested to see how people fare.

Could you please post that receipt again. that link is no longer working

Thanks

I ended up getting my 46X for $2,980 with extended warranty to 3yrs and delivery from Harvey Norman, I'm pretty happy, I was dead set on not going over $3k and managed to get in under budget and made it just in time for a PS3 :-)

I got DJ's to price match with the receipt fro JB HiFi that was floating around here for $2,810 but with the extended warranty it was over $3k and they wouldn't budge on the warranty cost.

All in all, a lot of running around and phone calls but it was well worth it I think!

Hi,

could you also post receipt please

thanks

• 2 weeks later...